K F Mallya on Indian Global Image taking a beating

sob

Mod
Country flag
This is great coming from a man who has been manipulating the Govt. to cover up for his f..ups is now commenting on India's Global Image taking a beating.

Me thinks somebody should tell this gentleman that his shenanigans with KingFisher airlines does not reflect good on the image of India.

Why has India’s global image taken such a beating, asks Mallya | Firstpost

Kingfisher Airlines may have landed into all kinds of troubles, but its flambouyant promoter Vijay Mallya thinks that India's image as an investment destination has taken a beating.

"India's global image has taken a beating," Mallya said today on the social networking platform Twitter.

"Nobody seems to be confident that India is a great investment opportunity. Why are we going so wrong?" he asked.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Though it has come from a wrong man, what he said is 100% correct. Our govt. F-ed up big time.

Cancellation of 2G licenses has affected the foreign players who invested a lot in India. All these foreign players are now trying to squeeze the balls of the GoI by invoking bi-lateral agreements to protect their investment because GoI couldn't protect it.

It f-ed up big time Vodafone Tax issue and came across a taxing bully on foreign players but unfortunately for GoI, Supreme Court took the side of Vodafone.

And now one of the largest foreign investor in Coal India is calling "Coal India Board of Directors" as a "Board of Shame" for following the diktat of government and selling the coal at below par market rates in an ad hoc manner leading to the loss of investors.

So, if they keep f-king up again and again with foreign player's investment then definitely the image for foreign investment takes a beating.

sob

Mod
Country flag
DD what is happening with Coal India can happen with ONGC any day. ONGC shares are listed in the market and the majority shareholder has been bleeding the organisation with scant regard to the interest of minority shareholders. This is also a fit case to be challenged in the court.

Vodafone is a big shame, imagine changing the law with retrospective effect from 1961. How crazy can the Govt. get, it has made India a dangerous investment destination.

I will try to dig out a very interesting article on how the Govt. is screw..g up the BPO industry and they are fleeing to Philippines.

sob

Mod
Country flag
Okay got the article by Jaithirth Rao in the Indian Express

From the Philippines, with gratitude - Indian Express

To

The Honourable Finance Minister of India

Dear sir,

I wish to introduce myself as the finance minister of the Philippines.

I am truly grateful for all the actions that your excellent ministry has been undertaking these past few years, which have helped the BPO industry in the Philippines a great deal. You may be aware that the Philippines BPO industry has been growing much faster than its Indian counterpart and is now all set to overtake the Indian industry, which till a decade ago was viewed by all of us with wonderment, awe and envy. We never dreamed that our country could be in the same league as India. But then we were earlier not well-informed about your income tax department, the frequent and arbitrary changes in rules that emanate from this department and the vicious harassment of Indian IT and BPO industries which over the last several years has become a concerted strategy of this great department. We in the Philippines count the Indian income tax authorities among our best friends. We request you to give us the names of the individuals in this worthy department who have been behind this wonderful strategy of weakening this labour-intensive Indian industry and indirectly helping the growth of our own. We would like to confer special Magsaysay Awards to these individuals, refer to them as "Friends of the Philippines" and invite them to have a holiday in our country. The BPO companies in the Philippines have generously promised to foot the entire bill of their benefactors.

your officials are raising tax demands on captive units of global companies using their global profits as the basis.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
^^ What a sad spectacle!. This government has no bearings to deliver a smooth governance. They are replicating some of Raj era policies and politics all in the name of populist schemes to make sure that Idiotic yuvraj as PM. Truly we are suffering due to the Dynastic family aspirations.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
when i make profit it is mine, when i make loss govt should pay for it out of its pocket for me.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
when i make profit it is mine, when i make loss govt should pay for it out of its pocket for me. If they dont like in this case then govt image has taken beating.

Abhijeet Dey

Country flag
Some news channels (such as Time Now) are getting information from sources about Vijay Mallya fleeing the country.

myana

I dont think mallya is the only culprit here.

An organisation took a loan and it has to repay the not the individual.

Now we have to ask the bank on which basis did you gave the loan and what was the collateral.

This ia particularly idiotic in respective of banks.

And here this intelligent fellow just used his influence to milk the banks and played a fancy game called KFA

I also believe praful patel working on behalf of india's damaad to get make indigo a success and Kfa a failure.

Global fuel prices also playes its part.

But unfortunate thing is deccan airlines which was profit making cheap airline was murdered in this process.

garg_bharat

Country flag
Banks chase businessmen for loans. Bankers are very aggressive in giving loans to large corporate groups.

India has high savings rate. Banks have deposits and are under pressure to utilize these funds productively.

Bankers would have licked Malya's ass. But why politicians and journalists??

sasum

Atheist but not Communists.
Vijay Mallya has declined to come to India fearing to be a neighbor of Subrata Sahara Roy. Meanwhile, the king of money-launderer, Lalit Modi seems to have escaped govt wrath, thanks to friend Sushma Swaraj.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles