K-15 Sagarika Missile SLBM

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
@no smoking when China test WU15 missile with this trejectory, its out of the world and other bla bla....View attachment 18398

When we do same thing 10 times before with K15
View attachment 18399

you come running casting doubts:rofl:
Correct me if I am wrong, but was the Wu-15 not an airbreathing scramjet propulsion?
Sagarika is just a depressed trajectory balistic missile. The Indian equivalent to the Wu-15 would be the HSTDV.

Wu-15 is more advanced tech than Sagrika.

no smoking

Country flag
Correct me if I am wrong, but was the Wu-15 not an airbreathing scramjet propulsion?
Sagarika is just a depressed trajectory balistic missile. The Indian equivalent to the Wu-15 would be the HSTDV.

Wu-15 is more advanced tech than Sagrika.
It is WU-14 not WU-15. My understanding is: WU-14 is a gliding maneuvering re-entry vehicle without power while HSTDV is the tech demonstrator of scramjet engine, different technology.

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
It is WU-14 not WU-15. My understanding is: WU-14 is a gliding maneuvering re-entry vehicle without power while HSTDV is the tech demonstrator of scramjet engine, different technology.
My bad, I thought Wu-14 was a testbed for hypersonic airbreathing technology, something like Boeing X-51. So Wu-14 is simply a glide weapon? Then what is so special about it? How is it superior to the Sagarika's BGRV?
Correct me again if I am wrong but I am not sure if Wu-14 has the ability to conduct S-maneuvers in the azimuth plane, which the BGRV can do.

BTW, if Wu-14 is not the Chinese testbed for hypersonic airbreathing technology, then what is? Is there another program for this?

Thanks in advance.

no smoking

Country flag
My bad, I thought Wu-14 was a testbed for hypersonic airbreathing technology, something like Boeing X-51. So Wu-14 is simply a glide weapon? Then what is so special about it? How is it superior to the Sagarika's BGRV?

Correct me again if I am wrong but I am not sure if Wu-14 has the ability to conduct S-maneuvers in the azimuth plane, which the BGRV can do.

I can’t comment on BGRV as there is no public information about it except the claims from Indian scientists and internet fanboys. The problem with Shaurya is that it is a short-range missile, not sure if it can provide necessary height and speed for gliding vehicle, Russia/China/US tested on ICBM.

According to Americans, Wu-14 showed “extreme manoeuvrer” in its tests. But for this kind of weapon, the focus is “controllable manoeuvring”, that some breakthrough in communication and controlling in ionization blackout. We don’t know how far WU-14 has progressed. But, by checking Russian similar weapon YU-71, I don’t think that we can see this kind of weapon entering service in 10 years.

BTW, if Wu-14 is not the Chinese testbed for hypersonic airbreathing technology, then what is? Is there another program for this?

Yes, they do have. It was reported that Chinese tested a drone with scramjet engine in 2015. Early this year, the Chinese scientists claimed there will be a test of prototype combined-cycle hypersonic engine later this year. The problem is: we only know they are working on it but nothing in details.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
I can’t comment on BGRV as there is no public information about it except the claims from Indian scientists and internet fanboys. The problem with Shaurya is that it is a short-range missile, not sure if it can provide necessary height and speed for gliding vehicle, Russia/China/US tested on ICBM.
K4 is 3X Version of K15 and K5 and K6 is next in line.

DRDO will not increase beyond A5/A6 and now all effort has gone to Kalam series.

Already posted that K15 and trajectory control for HGV has been mastered. Even if for small scale of 700 to 1200 kms range.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
K4 is 3X Version of K15 and K5 and K6 is next in line.

DRDO will not increase beyond A5/A6 and now all effort has gone to Kalam series.

Already posted that K15 and trajectory control for HGV has been mastered. Even if for small scale of 700 to 1200 kms range.
I think now Land version of K4 should also come Shaurya is a land version of K15.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
I think now Land version of K4 should also come Shaurya is a land version of K15.
Yeah thats normal progression.

Within drdo they had fight as to which series should continue. Old boys with Agni and new kids with K series. Finally short height K series has come out on top.

Last edited:

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Yeah thats normal progression.

Within drdo they had fight as to which series should continue. Old boys with Agni and new kids with K series. Finally short height K series has come out on top.
Naturally old technology will give the way to new technologies. Shaped trajectory missiles are very difficult to master but they offers a great range, payload and survivability. DRDO has build in a great cep of single digit in this in missile and it is no doubt the best of its class missile today.

Jameson Emoni

There are threads for Astra, Nirbhay, Agni and Brahmos missiles. I even saw a thread for Surya missile but I could not find any thread for Akash missile. So I am posting this news in this thread because I did not want to start a new thread.

---

Indian Air Force to get deadly Akash missiles! Places order for 7 squadrons of Made-in-India missile system

Satisfied by the consistent and reliable performance by the indigenous Akash Missile System, Surface to Air Missile (SAM) an additional order for seven more squadrons have been placed by the Indian Air Force recently. This is by far the highest order placed by the service for the Akash Missile System.

The Missile System which has been designed and developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and produced and commissioned by Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL), Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) has been performing well in integrated Air Defence (AD) exercises conducted from time to time by IAF.

https://www.msn.com/en-in/news/othe...ns-of-made-in-india-missile-system/ar-BBXGNZG

Global Defence

New threads

Articles