Jon lake exclusive report on Rafale. Must watch.

Drsomnath999

lord of 32 teeth
Country flag
PLZ NOTE ANYONE HAVING PROBLEM VIEWING THE PICS THEN PLZ 1ST SAVE IT IN YOUR PC THEN ZOOM IT FOR BETTER VIEW

THIS REPORT IS FROM COMBAT AIRCRAFT MONTHLY MAGAZINE MAY 2012 EDITION BY JON LAKE WHO IS A VERY REPUTED AVIATION JOURNALIST
& HAD WON THE 2008 BOEING IDS AWARD FOR THE BEST DEFENCE SUBMISSION IN THE AVIATION JOURNALIST OF THE YEAR AWARDS.
PERSONALLY HE IS A BIG ADMIRER OF TYPHOON & A BIG CRITIC OF RAFALE BUT THIS TIME HE FINALLY ADMITS THAT RAFALE HAS OUTPERFORM
THE TYPHOON .

NOTHING IS MORE FUNNY WHEN A CRITIC HIMSELF ADMITS A PRODUCT'S QUALITY WHICH HE CRITICISES A LOT . Haaaa Haa

THIS IS THE FRONT COVER OF THE MAGAZINE

RAFALE RIDING HIGH

PAGE 1

PAGE 2

PAGE 3

PAGE 4

PAGE 5

FROM THE AUTHOR :
Sorry guys i cant post the source of the magazine where i downloaded it to respect copyright.But this article is surely a big slap on the face of all RAFALE haters as the article is posted by a author who is himself a big critic of rafale.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Well its to bad for EF-2000 that Brazil just took our word for it and bough the Rafale. In the comeing years other nations to will look up to the IAFs scrutiny and just go in for the Rafale.

The Euro fighter definitely has a better engine though, the Rafales engine is some what outdated and i hope in our package negotiation we will ask for the 92kN Eco core engine. For that the sad part is the Kaveri has to be buried! :(

Drsomnath999

lord of 32 teeth
Country flag
^^^ well unfortunately this author doent want other nations to follow india & brazil's model or elze ef typhoon would have a scarcity of customers ,

& few drawbacks he did point out on rafale
1) rafale's lacks a proper HMS system
2) rafale's AESA is operational but it is not powerful or advanced as Typhoon E captor aesa radar

I hope rafale can manage the 1st which i & author mention here

Last edited:

Drsomnath999

lord of 32 teeth
Country flag
LOOLLLZ more funny news

from jane's defence weekly april 2012
Riyadh to upgrade Typhoon with french system like damocles targeting pod & SAGEM AASM hammer

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles