Joint Doctrine of INDIAN ARMED FORCES 2017

captscooby81

Country flag
Here comes few of the highlights from the Joint doctrine just released by the MOD

JDIA.jpg
Self sufficiency.jpg

captscooby81

Country flag
Well now we are talking about self sufficiency in Defence by 2035 that s a very optimistic target i would assume we are setting ourselves will the organisations up for the challenge ???

republic_roi97

Country flag
Well now we are talking about self sufficiency in Defence by 2035 that s a very optimistic target i would assume we are setting ourselves will the organisations up for the challenge ???
I think that it is not impossible for us to be self-sufficient by 2035, it might be a bit difficult, but with a few reforms and better push for indigenization, i think that it is achievable. As a matter of fact, in most realms of military equipment we now either have a product or a product is under various stages of realization.

captscooby81

Country flag
Here its saying depend on foreign purchase and also improve indigenous defence industry

Force development.jpg

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
I think that it is not impossible for us to be self-sufficient by 2035, it might be a bit difficult, but with a few reforms and better push for indigenization, i think that it is achievable. As a matter of fact, in most realms of military equipment we now either have a product or a product is under various stages of realization.
I think @captscooby81 is right........
100% indigenisation is not possible in 20 years...
It will require at least 30-40 years..................
Here its saying depend on foreign purchase and also improve indigenous defence industry

View attachment 15540
I like this idea,absorb the tech and build it in house,preferably go for ToT

captscooby81

Country flag
Not sure whats the point of mentioning this verse from Gita in the Joint Doctrine when the soldier is trained and prepared its the political will which is lacking decision making

Gita.jpg

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
Not sure whats the point of mentioning this verse from Gita in the Joint Doctrine when the soldier is trained and prepared its the political will which is lacking decision making

View attachment 15541
Link to the joint doctrine please................................................................................................................

captscooby81

Country flag
The Air,Land and Sea doctrines ..nothing much new apart from now thinking to try space technology for future wars

Air land ops.jpg
Naval Targets.jpg
space power.jpg

captscooby81

Country flag
The nuclear command policy and the command C2 structure ..What happens if the PM gets killed before he authorises the use of nuclear strike ..Who will then be given the command to give the orders ?? Does the parliamentary board of the party has to be called and they have to elect an leader and president has to conduct the oath taking ceremony ?? in an emergency war is there any other diversion to elect a PM instantly without going through all the regular process
C2 command structure.jpg
nuclear policy.jpg

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
I think @captscooby81 is right........
100% indigenisation is not possible in 20 years...
It will require at least 30-40 years..................
Why do we want 100% indigenisation? Is that needed? Why spend time and resources to invent the wheel again? If good stuff is available off the shelf, go for it. It would be vastly cheaper than spending millions on R&D on something that's been tried and tested already by other countries. Even Boeing outsources a lot of its aircraft components (some made in India too!) because it's far cheaper. The same is the case with most weapons and equipment around the world.

Perhaps 80% to 90% indigenisation would be ideal.

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
Why do we want 100% indigenisation? Is that needed? Why spend time and resources to invent the wheel again? If good stuff is available off the shelf, go for it. It would be vastly cheaper than spending millions on R&D on something that's been tried and tested already by other countries. Even Boeing outsources a lot of its aircraft components (some made in India too!) because it's far cheaper. The same is the case with most weapons and equipment around the world.

Perhaps 80% to 90% indigenisation would be ideal.
Being a bit optimistic is not bad......................................................

Hiranyaksha

Country flag
The day we will solve "Pakistan", that day we will have UNSC seat. Tab tak chudiya aur saari pehan kar baitho.
Bahut doctrine aayi gayi dekh li. Karne wale kya kar jate hai. aur Dhotiya Kaanpti rehati hai .

Yggdrasil

Country flag
The day we will solve "Pakistan", that day we will have UNSC seat. Tab tak chudiya aur saari pehan kar baitho.
Bahut doctrine aayi gayi dekh li. Karne wale kya kar jate hai. aur Dhotiya Kaanpti rehati hai .
Yep - agreed.

The key is - as one army guy was saying in Zee News - to get rid of spineless babu rats from the defence governance complex and fill it with army guys. The paranoia has been of a coup from the traitor Congress scum, but I think Modi would be willing to do it. Like 70% of the Pentagon is ex-military staff, India needs to replace IAS etc morons with army guys.

If a coup happens, that'd be icing on the cake.

Hiranyaksha

Country flag
Yep - agreed.

The key is - as one army guy was saying in Zee News - to get rid of spineless babu rats from the defence governance complex and fill it with army guys. The paranoia has been of a coup from the traitor Congress scum, but I think Modi would be willing to do it. Like 70% of the Pentagon is ex-military staff, India needs to replace IAS etc morons with army guys.

If a coup happens, that'd be icing on the cake.
Dude whatever it takes. Else we should stop worshiping Lord Rama and Lord Krishna. We don't deserve such warrior Gods.

Yggdrasil

Country flag
Dude whatever it takes. Else we should stop worshiping Lord Rama and Lord Krishna. We don't deserve such warrior Gods.
A long rot has set in, my friend, after 800 years of slavery. Kumbhakarna is slowly waking up - once the nation is awake, we have the capability to eat everything in sight. These are crucial years in which not just economic development, but self-respect, our civilisational light, an awakened understanding of our gods, etc is all taking shape again. I have no doubt that if the spirit of nation is re-wrought, it'll equal or exceed Chandragupta's time.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
A long rot has set in, my friend, after 800 years of slavery. Kumbhakarna is slowly waking up - once the nation is awake, we have the capability to eat everything in sight. These are crucial years in which not just economic development, but self-respect, our civilisational light, an awakened understanding of our gods, etc is all taking shape again. I have no doubt that if the spirit of nation is re-wrought, it'll equal or exceed Chandragupta's time.
Keep dreaming bhai saab , going by current trends democracy will ensure Kumbhakarna will never wake up.

Hiranyaksha

Country flag
So till then should we eat shit or even better should we spread our legs ? We are not Kumbhakarna. We should be Hiranyaksha, Demon who waged 1000 years long battle against God. Forget about all economy and understanding, let us be honest with each other. You live in Singapore, you know how Indians are treated in there. I have lived there, I know.
We have to take a stand. Else just forget about the Nation. Till the moment every Indian does not take pride in being Indian we cannot build this nation.
Chinese waged 62 war against us to prove that their nation can defeat mighty feared Indian army. Which boasted their morale to such an extent that they are great power now.
Randistand comes can fuck with us and shall we take it as always ?

Yggdrasil

Country flag
Keep dreaming bhai saab , going by current trends democracy will ensure Kumbhakarna will never wake up.
Criticising things for improvement is legitimate, but losing hope is not the right response.

Back in the day MMS sat with a thumb in his mouth after 26/11, now we have surgical strikes in response to a lesser provocation.

Back in the day JNU used to regularly celebrate anti-national politics, now the whole nation gets outraged and lawyers beat up inbreds like Kanhaiya.

Back in the day Ramayana on TV was considered "communal", now we have Sanjay Leela Bhansali being shown his place and Baahubali celebrating the dharma.

Back in the day Yogi would have no chance in hell of being CM, now he is.

People perhaps don't remember just how sick and horrifying Congi raj was, like a nation under a half-awake barely-there stupor. India didn't count at all, it was like the entire nation didn't exist in the world's reckoning.

There are definitely changes for the better.

Yggdrasil

Country flag
So till then should we eat shit or even better should we spread our legs ? We are not Kumbhakarna. We should be Hiranyaksha, Demon who waged 1000 years long battle against God. Forget about all economy and understanding, let us be honest with each other. You live in Singapore, you know how Indians are treated in there. I have lived there, I know.
We have to take a stand. Else just forget about the Nation. Till the moment every Indian does not take pride in being Indian we cannot build this nation.
Chinese waged 62 war against us to prove that their nation can defeat mighty feared Indian army. Which boasted their morale to such an extent that they are great power now.
Randistand comes can fuck with us and shall we take it as always ?
Well then, I can tell you that in the past 3-4 years, Indians in Singapore are treated rather differently. The difference is palpable - there is a respect for the skill, native intelligence and cultural depth of India. It was not possible 15 years ago.

I'm not disagreeing with you - I'm simply saying that losing hope in the people and the country is the worst thing one can do. It disconnects you from the collective effort needed to make a nation greater than the sum of its citizens. India always had this problem - everyone thinks they can do a better job than everyone else, and the effort just dissipates and disappears. Brilliant individuals, terrible collective.

China became a great power by 1.4 billion people working together, not everyone cursing their leader or saying nothing is gonna happen we are all doomed.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles