Join indian army

ladder

Country flag
I am having my B.E third year . but my aim is to serve to my nation .. can u please guide me ,how to join in army and what are all the exams should i crack ..
Check for University Entry Scheme ( UES) available for Pre-final year and final year students.

pkroyal

All of a sudden the age has been reduced from 27 to 24 years in all the three services.

I feel that the age must be increased to 30. Even IPS has the age bar at 30. Why not have the same for DEFENCE FORCES as well?
Job in the The Indian Army is one of the toughest jobs in the world ( be it as an OR, JCO, or an Officer).

The army has fought three full scale wars ( 1962,65,71), Forcible occupation in 1948 (J & K ), Eviction of enemy with

force in 1999 ( kargil), Ops in Sri Lanka, Insurgency in Nagaland, Assam and In J & K, Foreign Missions & scores of

Aid to Civil Authorities( including minor tasks like rescuing fallen kids from bore wells). It is not an office job, at times

you confer under a tree standing and on the other extreme assume orders and try to do your best.

Enhancing the age will bring in people with set ideas, who will never become team players. the training academies

require young impressionable minds wherein you fore sake your individual identity and assume a group identity.

Nation , Army, Paltan, Company. It takes years to forge an identity like this.

Police job is far simpler. For the Fauj younger the better.

Last edited:

jmj_overlord

Hope i can join IA...........it's just a dream...........my eyesight is a mess

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
After class 12th :

NDA: The national defense academy.The written exam is conducted in month of April and August which consists of two papers: Mathematics and General Awareness. If you clear that, you need to pass the SSB interview and a medical test. After 3 years of joint training, you will be sent to your respective academies.

10+2 TES:

The technical entry scheme. No written exam but you should have 70% marks in your 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The notification comes in May(June) and October (November). The training academy will be Officers Training Academy Gaya and then you will be sent to Pune or Secunderabad.

After Graduation:

CDSE:

The combined Defense services examination. You can join the Indian Military academy (Non-technical) after clearing CDSE written exam and SSB interview, medicals. The written exam consists of questions from English, Mathematics and General Awareness. It is conducted in month of February and September by UPSC. Your age should be between 19 to 24 years to be eligible for this. If you want to go for OTA Chennai, you can do so by CDSE itself. The age limit for OTA is 19 to 25 years.

Law graduates:

If you have scored 55% marks in in LLB/LLM and you are registered with Bar Council of our nation, you can go for Indian Army up to the age of 27 years. The notification appears in employment newspaper and training commences twice in a year- in April and in October. The training is given at OTA Chennai.

NCC entry:

The National cadet corps guys have a shot here. The entry is for 50 vacancies twice a year. The age limit is 19 to 25 years and any stream graduation degree with 50% marks will make you eligible, but you should have 2 years of service in Senior Div Army in NCC and have a minimum B grade in C certificate. The notification comes in June and December and training is in OTA, Chennai.

UES:

The University Entry Scheme.The pre-final year engineering students can appear in this. You have to forward you applications after the notification appears in month of May. An army selection team comes to your college/university (or a nearby institute) for a campus interview. You should have any active re-appear or backlog at that time and if you clear the interview, you will be called for SSB and medicals next year. The age limit is 19 to 25 years and training is at IMA.

TGC:

This is entry for Engineers. The applications can be sent online and the eligibility includes a BE/Btech degree (final year appearing can also apply subject to satisfying eligibility in the notification) and age between 20 to 27 years. The notification comes in and around May and November every year. The training is given at IMA , Dehradun.

Post-graduation:

Post Graduates:The specified cut-off is set in the notification and training commences in the month of January and July in the Indian Military Academy. You should be an MA/MSc passed candidate and between age of 23 to 27 years for this entry. The notification comes in month of May/Jun and November/December.

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Join Indian Army as a Soldier
Recruitment timetable of Lucknow and Kolkata till Mar 14.

pkroyal

Joining the Indian Army ( as an Officer)

For young, adventurous guys(now even girls in some branches) who love the outdoors more than their pet addictions
like Facebook / Internet / Play Stations. For the smell of camp fire and the taste of food cooked over slow embers when in camp/field,

For the honest sweat shed & sweaty patches on your clothes after a great outdoor routine, be it a 5 KM run in battle gear or a run in PT kit, or a vigorous game like football / hockey / basketball with troops,

For the sweet aches & pains after a hard day,

For the belly laugh with a colleague over a shared joke,

For a smart turn out and a sense of pride in uniform,

For being young in age yet having the gumption to shoulder a National responsibility,

For the uber cool mess parties, where the heady cocktail of fitness,beauty of guests, good conversation in measured tones adds to the atmospherics of being among the best,

For the training schedules and bara khanas with the men you command, their deep love for their Nation & their job, their rustic charm,their bravery & concern for you in combat, the smiles on their eager faces when they meet you & are happy, their anxiety ridden angst & their looking up to you for a solution when in trouble,

For that manly colour OG / Battle fatigues,

For the heaven sent karmic duty of being given a chance to serve the Motherland without the narrow confines of caste,colour,creed,background etc,

For the glory of your Parents / Family, For the Abhishekam of a warrior for life who has sacrificed his personal identity for a group identity,

THIS IS IT
JOIN THE ARMY & EXPERIENCE THE DIFFERENCE !!

Last edited:

thetas

Country flag
Hello Guys,
I am a 40 years old IT Guy, physically very fit with more than 15 years experience in IT.
I had been ethical hacker in hay days.
Do I have a career opportunity in Defence now at this point in time ??
I can bring a lot of value to IT snooping (in which China has become headache to many countiries in this world including us).

What do you suggest ??

Ankit Purohit

Country flag
Hello Guys,
I am a 40 years old IT Guy, physically very fit with more than 15 years experience in IT.
I can bring a lot of value to IT snooping (in which China has become headache to many countiries in this world including us).

What do you suggest ??
check indian army website ....... check out below link

http://indianarmy.nic.in/Site/FormTemplete/ResultsView.aspx?MnId=AxJwC0e19v3rgZ4zwbP4oQ==

Last edited:

Blackwater

Hello Guys,

What do you suggest ??

Join RAW...

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
The army could have raised the age limit to 27 or 30 for CDS.So that i could get another chance:p

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Did any one knew about the interview pattern and physical tests conducted during the selection of assistant commandants of CAPF?
Also what about the interview for the post of iinntelligence officer in IB?

Lions Of Punjab

Country flag
Did any one knew about the interview pattern and physical tests conducted during the selection of assistant commandants of CAPF?
Also what about the interview for the post of iinntelligence officer in IB?
Very similar to Interview of SSB . Mostly they ask for knowledge of organisation , few current affairs & about family . For more u can read from "Mrunal.org" . Search for Interviews .:thumb:

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag

@Kunal Biswas Sir @Ray Sir

Get this message from a Facebook Friend ..Please advice

Is OTA not for girls ??? Pls sir answr mee.....
N 1 thng more is gradutm must 4 OTA ? Can't we get in...in the 1st year of gradtn ??

Last edited by a moderator:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles