Jobsworths and rudeness - I'm back in Britain

Aruni

Its very easy for such articles to get published in the British press because of the shock factor. Indian passengers are one of the rudest in the world in terms of how they behave with airline staff. I am not saying anyone deserves rudeness hurled at them, but I don't think we should be smirking at the poor customer management skills displayed by one British Airways cabin crew member when a far greater number of Indians' behaviour causes me to squirm with uncomfortableness in my seat.

People in glass houses should not throw stones at others.

amitkriit

Its very easy for such articles to get published in the British press because of the shock factor. Indian passengers are one of the rudest in the world in terms of how they behave with airline staff. I am not saying anyone deserves rudeness hurled at them, but I don't think we should be smirking at the poor customer management skills displayed by one British Airways cabin crew member when a far greater number of Indians' behaviour causes me to squirm with uncomfortableness in my seat.

People in glass houses should not throw stones at others.
The Phrase called "Macaulay's Children" has been coined for the people like these fellas. Its a well known fact that scale of rudeness and barbarism is inversely proportional to the lightness of your skin. Light skin ensures that you can get away with crimes which are unforgivable if committed by brown or black people. Some browns have accepted it as god's dictate, they will do anything to keep the pink-skinned superior beings happy, even sell their own dignity.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
The Phrase called "Macaulay's Children" has been coined for the people like these fellas. Its a well known fact that scale of rudeness and barbarism is inversely proportional to the lightness of your skin. Light skin ensures that you can get away with crimes which are unforgivable if committed by brown or black people. Some browns have accepted it as god's dictate, they will do anything to keep the pink-skinned superior beings happy, even sell their own dignity.
You're on fine form today. I like it :)

Aruni

I could have predicted a response akin to this. As many old timers will note, I have been playing the devil's advocate on Indian defence forums for nearly 10 years now and not once have I seen humility and self-correction as two of the qualities that today's Indians seem to possess.

Is anyone justifying the rudeness of the British Airways cabin crew? No. But by posting such articles we seem to cherish crowing. For what? Are we innately superior in our behaviour? No.

Why does quue jumping appear as one of the first memories of landing in India?
Why is elbowing and shoving commonplace?
Speaking on the mobile when the plane is taking off despite the cabin crew asking people to turn these off?
Ordering stewards as if they were slaves rather than another human beings?

There are plenty of things we could be doing about our own civic sense, and there is nothing inherently superior about any race of people. Everyone has their flaws.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles