Job reservation for Muslim OBCs by Mamata govt

Discussion in 'Religion & Culture' started by Galaxy, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Galaxy

Galaxy Elite Member Elite Member

Job reservation for Muslim OBCs by Mamata govt

Fri Apr 20 2012

Announcing sops for minorities ahead of panchayat elections next year in the state, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said a survey has been ordered for ensuring job reservation for Other Backward Classes among Muslims.

Backward Classes Welfare Minister Upendra Nath Biswas has been directed to ensure that the report on the survey was submitted immediately and a law would be passed in the Assembly within a month.

Referring to the 10 per cent quota announced by the previous Left Front government for OBCs among Muslims, she said: “The survey has been ordered as the reservation will have to be made legal. What the previous government did in this matter has no legal basis.”

She said the new law would also have provision for ensuring higher education of boys and girls and that an employment bank would be created.

“I want more Muslim boys and girls to go for higher education and become doctors and engineers,” the chief minister said.

Former chief minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee had in February, 2010, announced the OBC quota for Muslims, acting on the recommendations of the Justice Ranganath Mishra Commission.

The shift in the minority vote away from Left Front and towards Trinamool Congress was one of the reasons for the electoral reverses suffered by Left parties in the 2009 Lok Sabha elections in West Bengal as well as in the state Assembly polls last May which saw Trinamool Congress sweeping to power.

Job reservation for Muslim OBCs by Mamata govt - Indian Express

3. Dovah

Dovah Untermensch Senior Member

Nothing wrong with that Ms. Minister.

But why not give provide them with quality education rather than reservation? Oh wait, they might not vote for you if they're educated.

panduranghari, SHURIDH and devgupt like this.
  4. Mad Indian

Mad Indian Proud Bigot Veteran Member Senior Member

She is doing this because she is secular:heh:. Not because she wants votes:troll:

panduranghari, parijataka and devgupt like this.
  5. devgupt

devgupt Regular Member

6. Mad Indian

Mad Indian Proud Bigot Veteran Member Senior Member

She had already killed any chances of jobs coming to Bengal. If people become rich and educated, who will vote for her?

This is so true- Bengal is one of the few places where communal harmony is very good. But since when did the politicians wanted a communal harmony?

7. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

Very thoughtful and insightful comments. I agree.

8. SHURIDH

SHURIDH Senior Member Senior Member

i think that will creat a deep division among indian bengali muslim.now i won't be surprise if i see hatred between upper cast muslim(wb government defination) and obc muslim in near future.it will creat rift between obc hindu and obc muslim.i think time has come to ebolish obc quota.at least 90% sits should be open.
    mamta wants to see more bengali muslim doctor or enginer good thinking.but for that she should establish more school,college in muslim concentrated area as thos area has very low amount educational institution.how many she build.
    last of all reservation can't be a solution.

9. devgupt

devgupt Regular Member

Exactly she should open more govt engg & professional colleges in districts, or give incentive for private players to open there. So that people don't have the additional burden of sending their children to Kolkata.Then increase financial aid for people who can't afford to pay. Make it easier for students to avail education loan.Make people industry ready , jobs will come - India is a growing economy. One of the reasons that IT industry flocked to Karnataka initially was the presence of engg graduates there.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
    parijataka and SHURIDH like this.
  10. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

She is ruining Bengal.

We never had caste or religious awareness as a differentiation.

Now, we are being made aware that there are a whole lot of differences that make up Bengal.

She is a Trojan Horse!

SHURIDH likes this.
  11. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

^^

She is the Laloo of Bengal.

I guess no matter what category of an imbecile one is, the lucrative Railway Ministry never misses the lascivious eyes of these crooks!

12. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

The saving grace of Laloo was his weird sense of humour.

This woman has no sense of humour and sweats a lot!

A Sour, Silly, Sweaty Sheila!

13. SHURIDH

agree with you.but politician does not have that will unforunately

14. SHURIDH

exactly.she is doing identity politics and try to divide bengali socitey by many angle.one of my friend has muslim obc certificate.i did not know that thing like high cast muslim and obc muslim exist even two years ago.my friend is richer than us but he is a obc muslim and i am a high cast muslim according to government.
    she think by doing this she does good for muslim of bengal.no.what will be the long term effect the high cast muslim will feel discriminated their view will be changed for obc muslim.high cast muslim will have rivaly with obc muslim.sociat interaction will be reduced.on the other hand obc muslim will feel high cast muslim are jealous about them.they don't want improvement of obc muslim.so the obc muslim will take them as rival.
    that will also effect the long term communal harmony of hindu-muslim in west bengal.espacilly between hindu obc-muslim obc.
    i think we should left at least 90% sit now for merite.and try to end all kind of quota gradually.
    quota is not a solution of a problem.if your head is paining cutting your head can't be a solution
    quota