JNU teachers seek fair probe into ‘havan’ incident

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by asingh10, Nov 29, 2015.

1. asingh10

asingh10 Senior Member Senior Member

The teachers have condemned the filing of a police complaint against a hostel warden who, along with two others, stopped a religious ceremony inside a hostel room due to the fire threat it posed.—File Photo

The Jawaharlal Nehru University Teacher’s Association (JNUTA) has condemned the filing of a police complaint against a hostel warden, who along with two others stopped a religious ceremony (havan) inside a hostel room due to the fire threat that it posed.

The JNUTA said that a group of students were unnecessarily giving a religious twist to the issue.

A complaint, which amounts to hurting religious sentiments, sexual harassment and the Prevention of Atrocities Act was filed against Burton Cleetus, one of the three wardens of Jhelum hostel, who stopped a group of boys from performing the havan.

On November 21, Burton Cleetus and two other wardens, Himanshu and Ashutosh Anand, received a complaint from a resident about an open fire being used for a havan inside one of the hostel rooms. The wardens immediately asked the students to put out the fire.

A member of JNUTA said: “There were about twenty people in the room. The wardens asked these students to disperse peacefully but a few persons began to argue that Hindus were not being allowed to practice their religious rituals in the celebration of a birthday. The crowd dispersed. The wardens, after consultation with the Provost office, issued a show cause notice to two people for creating a fire hazard in the hostel.”

“On November 23, Mr. Cleetus received a call from the Vasant Kunj police station saying that a police complaint had been filed against him,” the JNUTA member added.

According to the investigating police officer, the complaint filed against him mentioned that Mr. Cleetus kicked the havan samagri (prayer material), pulled a student’s ponytails and uttered casteist, communal, and sexist abuses.

The JNUTA has asked the Gender Sensitisation Committee against Sexual Harassment to enquire into the sexual harassment charges and appoint an internal investigation committee into the incident.

A social media post by Professor Ayesha Kidwai, a JNU faculty member, said: “These false allegations against Mr. Cleetus have been widely shared on WhatsApp and social media. A group is trying to malign him because of his religious identity”.

“The JNUTA called a meeting on Friday and unanimously condemned this attempt at communal polarisation and demanded from the JNU administration that it must give legal protection and security to Mr. Cleetus,” the varsity teacher added.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...-probe-into-havan-incident/article7928523.ece

More on this here from a JNU insider :-

Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
    A chauhan, TrueSpirit2 and punjab47 like this.
  3. punjab47

punjab47 महाबलामहावीर्यामहासत्यपराक्रमासर्वाग्रेक्षत्रियाजट Banned

girl & a Dalit student if it's not dalit girl I support this 'oppression' otherwise:
    Fuck JNU!

:balleballe::balleballe::balleballe::balleballe::balleballe:

4. Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin Regular Member

Please don't start JNU bashing. guys i recently attended a lecture in JNU sponsored by my company. Believe me, whatever is spread in the media, they do have very nationalist and eminent economic professors and overall a very conducive environment to learn. We just see one side of the coin, rest assured the campus is in safe hands. Experiencing the campus 1st hand has changed my views from negative to neutral, no doubt one of the best university in India.

5. DingDong

DingDong Senior Member Senior Member

These Libtards have a reputation of being soft-spoken during face-to-face interactions. That is the reason behind their survival and success. Do not judge the book by it's cover.

mikhail, maomao, VIP and 2 others like this.
  6. Mad Indian

Mad Indian Proud Bigot Veteran Member Senior Member

Most communist reptiles are the same. They always talk about a nationalist/pro people/pro good PR bullshit but have a very anti national agenda on the inside. The communist doctors(pls note the hypocrisy and irony here. These retards don't have any shame or sense either) group I was spying on till now can never be judged to be anti national from the outset. Only if you were inside would you know and understand the rot inside

7. asingh10

Not sure if he's talking about liberals, but genuine nationalists / sanghis have also gained space in JNU over the past few years. ABVP came close to winning the student elections recently.

http://centreright.in/2013/10/building-abvp-in-jnu-the-long-struggle

8. Mad Indian

Mad Indian Proud Bigot Veteran Member Senior Member

@Sakal Gharelu Ustad can loss of castes be any worse than these people?

Bangalorean likes this.
  9. prasadr14

prasadr14 Regular Member

It's a more recent phenomenon.
    The right wing since independence has been supressed under the garb of secularism and pluralism.

For Hindus it's still a case of Tails I win, heads you loose.

This has happened because institutions like JNU have been bastardized to propagate anti-Hindu agenda.
    The examples you gave are not due to JNU culture but 'in spite of'.

VIP, OneGrimPilgrim, mikhail and 2 others like this.
  10. maomao

maomao Veteran Hunter of Maleecha Senior Member

I don't expect anything from the teaching staff of JNU they are hypocrites of first order, only because of them anti-nationals have survived on the JNU campus!! The leftist are shamelessly hypocrites they willl drink coca-cola and imported liquor on campus, however ban nescafe to to be sold!

Yes there are a few nationalists on the campus, however most of the others are rabid anti-national naxals / maoists funded by all sorts anti-India forces!

'Gulam nabi fai' incident was one such eye opener, where JNU profs were caught completely drenched in ISI's hospitality! Shame on these anti-nationals!

VIP, A chauhan, TrueSpirit2 and 4 others like this.
  11. Bangalorean

Bangalorean Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

Which will be a 1000 times better than having a society like you scum.

Mad Indian likes this.
  12. asingh10

JNU also produced Babu Ram Bhattarai, an architect of Maoist terrorism in Nepal. Aung Sang Suu Kyi is also a JNU alumnus btw.

maomao, VIP, TrueSpirit2 and 5 others like this.
  13. mikhail

mikhail Senior Member Senior Member

Look mate,truth to be told JNU is basically a worthless institution which harbors all types of anti-national elements ranging from Naxalites to Islamic fundamentalists.This university hasn't done anything productive for this country since it's inception other than brainwashing innocent students in anti-national ideologies.I know a lot about JNU because a few of my friends have the unfortunate experience of studying there and believe all of them were thoroughly brainwashed by these anti-social/national professors and wardens to such an extent that it changed them forever.JNU along with Jadavpur University are the hotbeds of Naxalism in this country and hence the most logical thing to do as per me is to close both of these worthless institutions once and for all!!

maomao, A chauhan, saty and 2 others like this.
  14. punjab47

punjab47 महाबलामहावीर्यामहासत्यपराक्रमासर्वाग्रेक्षत्रियाजट Banned

advocating rape of Hindu girls, Bakistani marunmatta.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
    mikhail likes this.
  15. Bangalorean

Bangalorean Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

You are the Paki pig here, as @Rashna rightly guessed.

Rashna, Peter and punjab47 like this.
  16. Peter

Peter Senior Member Senior Member

Do not take the name of Jadavpur University like a jack in the box. Jadavpur(JU) is one of the best universities in India. Students of JU are humanists unlike a few rabidly communal,casteist pests who post on DFI.

17. Peter

Peter Senior Member Senior Member

He may be one of the mods/admins too under a fake profile. I wonder why he has not got banned.

Bangalorean likes this.
  18. asingh10

Abey tum log gorilla ho ... gorilla war kiya jayega ...Kahe be ? Gorilla vorilla padhe ho k nahi padhe ho ?? :pound:

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  19. Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin Regular Member

the quality of lecture was at par with IIFT Delhi, which i attended for my masters. the professors are extremely knowledgeable. may be there exists anti-nationals, but the campus atmosphere was very nice to learn. the university is quiet good mate believe me. i'm talking only on education front.

20. mikhail

mikhail Senior Member Senior Member

Lol,i know what i am talking about,so stop showing this "holier than thou" attitude of yours at least in front of me!!I have this unambiguous reputation of speaking the truth no matter how much bitter it is!!I am living right next to the J.U. for the last 25 years and hence i think i know what is going on inside the J.U. campus.Most of my friends have studied from J.U. in various fields ranging from technical to humanities,so i have got enough inside knowledge of that place to say that it is a hub of anti-nationals/Naxal sympathizers.Should i speak about Ms.Deblina Chakraborty of the ultra leftist Matangini Mahila Samiti who held a press conference in support of the maoist leader Kishanji right at the heart of the J.U. a few years back!!
    If you enter the JU campus in the evening you'll find people smoking weeds,drinking booze out in the open right under the nose of the authority!!Accept it or not,J.U. has become the hotbed of Maoist/Naxalite activities over the years and now is the time to shut this naxal hotbed once and for all for the sake of our national security!!
    @maomao sir, @Sakal Gharelu Ustad sir ,@bose sir

bose and maomao like this.
  21. bose

bose Senior Member Senior Member

There are truth what you are saying ... about any year or so when the VC & Police wanted to be tough with the Ganga khoor students a section of students & professors turned against the administration ...

Govt must take a very strong action against those illegal activities in the campus...

maomao and mikhail like this.