Jinnah made a mistake and I am ashamed of being Pakistani!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Whatever.

One cannot deny that Gujaratis have played a major role in India's destiny and shaping the Nations during that critical period of history

Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
Mohammed Ali Jinnah
Vallahbhai Patel

abhi_the _gr8_maratha

Country flag
How about Gandhi's attitude towards Shaheed Bhagat Singh's hanging in Lahore??

Gandhi was a very shrewd person and he dislikes persons who have the capacity to eclipse his popularity...

would india ever have achieved freedom by violence?
if gandhi have asked to release bhagat singh , british would have got a proof and british would have hanged him with singh

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
don't you surprise why there wasn't any resistance from indians in british military since 1957
it was gandhi who ignited minds of those indians in british navy

The RIN Revolt started as a strike by ratings of the Royal Indian Navy on 18 February in protest against general conditions.

The strike found immense support among the Indian population, already gripped by the stories of the Indian National Army

Glimpses of Indian National Movement.
Book sources - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Voldemort

Country flag
How about Gandhi's attitude towards Shaheed Bhagat Singh's hanging in Lahore??

Gandhi was a very shrewd person and he dislikes persons who have the capacity to eclipse his popularity...
Gandhi called Bhagat Singh a 'misguided youth'. The audacity, the brazenness! If anyone was ever misguided, it was Gandhi himself with his delusional ideas. He was single handedly responsible for partition, thousands of deaths and giving India an incompetent prime minister.

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
It is no secret that had Gandhi stopped his non violence thing during WW2, India would have achieved Independence withoup partition. The British chips were down, all it needed was a call from a national leader for an uprising. Also dont forget the Naval mutiny. Gandhi condemned the uprising instead of supporting it. His actions were despicable.

No body denying Gandhi's action or his implicit responsibility in the partition of India, But what papers ?

abhi_the _gr8_maratha

Country flag
Gandhi called Bhagat Singh a 'misguided youth'. The audacity, the brazenness! If anyone was ever misguided, it was Gandhi himself with his delusional ideas. He was single handedly responsible for partition, thousands of deaths and giving India an incompetent prime minister.
he called him freedom fighter with wrong way
violence was a wrong way

abhi_the _gr8_maratha

Country flag

if gandhi wouldn't have signed partition, pakistan supporter would have started shots, raping hindu woman ,and nothing more

pratul_09

Country flag
MK Gandhi was very authoritarian and wanted to have absolute control. This is evident when Bose had to leave Congress after his winning President post and form his own party Forward block. MK was very selfish and always thought of his own authority over and above Indian independence.

Sent from my A99 using Tapatalk

bose

Country flag
When I read your post above it reminds me of my Late Father... This is exactly what my Father used to tell me when I was a Kid...

When the Gandhi's backed nominee was defeated by Bose in the congress presidential election, If I am not wrong Gandhi went of a hunger protest against the election of Bose and eventually Bose have to leave Congress...

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
if gandhi wouldn't have signed partition, pakistan supporter would have started shots, raping hindu woman ,and nothing more
Read about the Noakhali riots and Great Calcutta Killings.

It would be nothing new.

Partition caused the greatest holocaust in history, rendering millions homeless, penniless and hopeless.

It is the worst horror for those who experienced it and those whose family suffered innumerable hopeless situations thereafter.

Those not from East Bengal and West Pakistan will not understand the issue and instead will gloat about Gandhi and his greatness.

See Subhornorekha directed by Ritwick Ghatak and then decide.

Last edited by a moderator:

abhi_the _gr8_maratha

Country flag
The RIN Revolt started as a strike by ratings of the Royal Indian Navy on 18 February in protest against general conditions.

The strike found immense support among the Indian population, already gripped by the stories of the Indian National Army

sir, ranking was Same from the day british started ruling
but look at two protest
one of 1957 and another of the navy
there was materials used in gun powder that are considered bad according to religion so it resulted in protest with some of kings wanting their kingdom back
now protest of navy was same , gandhi's protest chhodo bharat inspired them with low ranking playing a vital role and back ground was indians wanting freedom back

Neo

Maybe we also want to hear some sane thoughts as you do.

Don't take BW too seriously. He loves to startle and we have got used to him.

He is equally vitriolic with us, when the opportunity presents itself to him.
Change the thread title to an apropriate one and treat Pakistanis as respected guests and I will be more than happy to share my thoughts.

BW is a troll and waste of bandwidth.
I won't waste my time reading or replying his utterings.

Compersion

Country flag
It is no secret that had Gandhi stopped his non violence thing during WW2, India would have achieved Independence withoup partition. The British chips were down, all it needed was a call from a national leader for an uprising. Also dont forget the Naval mutiny. Gandhi condemned the uprising instead of supporting it. His actions were despicable.
The British appreciate that India did not cause such troubles at such a times. Hence the gentlemen behavior post-partition. It is difficult to be "friends" after a break-up but we achieved that after Partition with UK (the Pakis also did but most of what Pakis garnered from international community was because of India). In fact that was the foresight of Gandhi we have to deal with the British after partition. It was on principle. Also the Non-violence movement in spirit and principles was magnificent and made important and good changes for us in India and also the region and the whole world. Also the role of India in the world wars is understated and will be recognized more.

This might be a understatement also but it takes a certain type and character of people to not extinguish and terminate people that are carrying out non-violence and satyagraha. The British had the sense to recognize the overwhelming power of the movement and accept the principles. In our world today there are callous regimes that do not abide by such principles and simply extinguish and terminate. Also it is credit to all Indians (Pakis were not created at the time) that risked their lives and were willing to suffer for our country formation based on principle they believed in (countries if you include Pakistan and Bangladesh). It takes bravery and acceptance of good principles. If there was use of violence and violent uprising perhaps that might have not achieved that in such powerful manner.

Also the question about the thread - it might be crude to say this but Pakistanis used to be Indians. In fact technically there is no difference one day before partition of a Indian Muslim and a Pakistani. It might be prickly and awkward but it is reasonable for people to ask "whats the difference between Pakis and Indians - aren't you from the same origin".

Has 60+ years morphed and created a Frankenstein in Pakistan. Can people culture and customs and behavior have such dramatic change. Apparently yes if one looks at Pakistan to be a example and how different it is from India and Indian republic ethos.

In fact it was good that there was partition. Such people with such motives and mischievousness deserve to be away from India. The pity is that they are on land that India could have used.

Last edited:

Voldemort

Country flag

And this was reaction of Gandhi.

The mutineers in the armed forces got no support from the national leaders and was largely leaderless. Mahatma Gandhi, in fact, condemned the riots and the ratings' revolt, his statement on 3 March 1946 criticised the strikers for revolting without the call of a "prepared revolutionary party" and without the "guidance and intervention" of "political leaders of their choice".[6] He further criticised the local Indian National Congress leader Aruna Asaf Ali, who was one of the few prominent political leaders of the time to offer her support for the mutineers, stating she would rather unite Hindus and Muslims on the barricades than on the constitutional front.[7] Gandhi's criticism also belies the submissions to the looming reality of Partition of India, having stated "If the union at the barricade is honest then there must be union also at the constitutional front.

bose

Country flag
would india ever have achieved freedom by violence?
Waht has made you think otherwise ?

if gandhi have asked to release bhagat singh , british would have got a proof and british would have hanged him with singh
So you meant that Gandhi was afraid of getting hanged by British so better to keep hands off Bhagat Singh ?? As far as I know the FIR against the killing of the British office Saunders did not mention Bhagat Singh's name...

Voldemort

Country flag
Change the thread title to an apropriate one and treat Pakistanis as respected guests and I will be more than happy to share my thoughts.

BW is a troll and waste of bandwidth.
I won't waste my time reading or replying his utterings.
Extremely sorry. The title has not been altered. What will you reply with. Your nation is on the verge of being a failed state, people are having these kinds of thoughts, like mentioned in OP.

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
lol

Dream bigger pal !

There is nothing wrong with the Thread title, It's exactly the same as it appears in the ET blog.

abhi_the _gr8_maratha

Country flag
Read about the Noakhali riots and Great Calcutta Killings.

It would be nothing new.

Partition caused the greatest holocaust in history, rendering millions homeless, penniless and hopeless.

It is the worst horror for those who experienced it and those whose family suffered innumerable hopeless situations thereafter.

muslim league was not accepting united india , hence that was prolonging freedom of india
those riots was horror but the way muslim league did propaganda of pakistan , denying separate pakistan would have caused more killing afterward .
it was gandhi who was planning to travel to pakistan to see a hope of united india, but he was assassinated before
it was lokmanya tilak who is more responsible for aggressive propaganda of muslim league cause he accepted separate election wards for muslim
and don't forget savarkar, he said that india is hindus place hence hindu should rule it .
this are other aspect of formation of pakistan

Voldemort

Country flag
That is EXACTLY what happened in spite of Partition. What are you, delusional?? Never heard of killings during Partition?? West Bengal riots??

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles