JF-17 still not MRAAM capable!

fulcrum

Country flag
The JF-17 even after entering service some 6 years ago still cannot launch the SD-10 MRAAM missile. JF-17 is designed to be able to carry only 2 SD-10s at a time. There are several pictures of JF-17 carrying SD-10 but they were all taken in china on the prototype suggesting it is still under testing, or some mockup SD-10 missiles on airshow displays, or on posters. The JF-17 active squadrons has never been spotted with the SD-10s and neither have the PAF acknowledged that their active squadrons can fire the weapon. Maybe the PAF isnt satisfied with the weapon and is waiting for SD-10B, or maybe there is a serious design flaw in the fighter. Or the most likely explanation is that PAF is just too cash strapped to pay for the integration. In any case currently, JF-17 is MRAAM nude.

Does any one have any info on this very crucial capability?

shiphone

Country flag
Sigh...it seems basic language ability is necessary for someone if you really interested in other nation's stuff...

------------------------------------
中国航空报 China Aviation News ...21 DEC 2012

"æž­é¾™"(武器Ⅱ)通过补充设计鉴定审查
2013-01-02  来源:中国航空报  进入论坛

本报讯 12月21日,"æž­é¾™"é£žæœºï¼ˆæ­¦å™¨â…¡ï¼‰è¡¥å……设计鉴定审查会在成都召开。经过讨论和质询,评审组一致认为:"æž­é¾™"é£žæœºå·²ç»é€šè¿‡äº†2009年的飞机设计鉴定和2010年针对发动机空中起动以及武器Ⅰ精度靶试的补充鉴定,目前已达到了针对武器Ⅱ研制的补充鉴定条件,同意通过补充鉴定审查。

"æž­é¾™"é£žæœºï¼ˆæ­¦å™¨â…¡ï¼‰ç ”制顺利通过补充鉴定审查,使其真正具有空空、空面作战能力,提升了我国航空技术的优势,增强了出口信心,为巩固和拓展国产军机和制导武器的外贸市场奠定了坚实基础,积累了有益的技术和管理经验。 (梁险峰 彭文晶)
Xiaolong aircraft(Weapon II) pass the Supplementary Design Verification review......full air to air ,air to ground combat ability achieved...

Xiaolong FC-1 design verification timeline:

2009 --- aircraft design verification
2010 --- engine relight ability design and Weapon (I) design verification
2012 --- Weapon(II) design verification

--------------------------------------------------

a simple recognition guide of PL12(SD10)

---------------------------------------

and finally , here we go........LOL....

the FC-1's SD-10A firing test began in Mar 2011, passed the certification test in Mid-2012...

BTW the test was held not at the PLA test range but at the national test range in Yunan Provice..all the weapon syetem tests were done by the Prototype 06 (PT06)

Last edited:

shiphone

Country flag
an correction:

SD-10A is still using the 'radio proximity fuze'...the annotation(Laser proximity fuze) of the both images in #2 post are wrong...

sorry about that...

fulcrum

Country flag
ahh...... nice! Thanks. Could you provide the link to the news item please? We all know the tests are going on, so it isn't unusual to find PT-06 with the real missile. What I am interested in is the piece of news which says the tests are completed. Atleast this stage 1 is complete if you provide the link.

Stage 2 is, when is the integration with active squadrons going to take place? In the end it is JF-17s(PT-04s) in the PAF which is going to go to war, not PT-06.

shiphone

Country flag
this news is published on the printed newspaper --- 中国航空报 China Aviation News... 21 DEC 2012 issue...

website news flash: I would like to present the AVIC news press on 25 Dec 2012----------AVIC is the manufaturer of FC-1/JF17...
枭龙飞机补充设计通过鉴定审查

full report: ifeng news
"æž­é¾™"æˆ˜æ–—机(武器Ⅱ)通过补充设计鉴定审查_军事频道_凤凰网

---------------------
I'm afraid you might misunderstand something or be lack of basic knowledge about the Prototypes....

FC-1/Xiaolong all five PTs have different test purpose and missions:

PT01 flight test
PT02 statics load test
PT03 flight test and avionics integration
PT04 for PAC and PAF evaluation and Pakistan imported none-chinese Weapon integration
(PT05) might be the prototype of Trainer Version
PT06 Weapon integration and test

the manufacture of full ability JF17(also known as BLOCK II) began in the second half of 2013...serial nume SP43~

all the BLOCK I batch 50 jets--- LSP1-8 ,SP1-42 might have to wait for the upgrade in the near future.

Last edited:

fulcrum

Country flag
Both Google translate and Bing translate it as "truly air-air, air-surface capability, enhance its export potential" . Plus a bunch of grammatically incorrect words follow. And no specific mention of SD-10. Why doesnt aviation week or key publishing pick up such news!! :// Not 100% convinced, but mostly convinced. Anyway, congratulations for JF-17 fans.

The prototypes have design variations, not just divided just for testing parameters. For example PT-01 to PT-03 are different in essence don't have DSI. But that's not what i meant.. I meant are the active squadrons which are based on the PT-04, been fully integrated with the weapon? What is the status of the integration? Because it is these active squadrons which is going to go for battle, not the sole PT-06 prototype in china. Given the bankruptcy in pakistan we cannot assume PT-06 integration automatically means JF-17s squadrons gets the integration signal magically. Integrating the weapon for every plane needs money. They will eventually integrate it ofcourse, but due to financial constraints the procedure may be slow or has not yet started.

Last edited:

shiphone

Country flag
LOL...It seems that my time wasted on another idxxt knowing nothing....

OK, I give up... and you, could move on....and enjoy your unique ' Prototype ' theory.............LOL

fulcrum

Country flag
Unable to comprehend simple english you dumb china-man?

*shakes head*

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Both Google translate and Bing translate it as "truly air-air, air-surface capability, enhance its export potential" . Plus a bunch of grammatically incorrect words follow. And no specific mention of SD-10. Why doesnt aviation week or key publishing pick up such news!! :// Not 100% convinced, but mostly convinced. Anyway, congratulations for JF-17 fans.

The prototypes have design variations, not just divided just for testing parameters. For example PT-01 to PT-03 are different in essence don't have DSI. But that's not what i meant.. I meant are the active squadrons which are based on the PT-04, been fully integrated with the weapon? What is the status of the integration? Because it is these active squadrons which is going to go for battle, not the sole PT-06 prototype in china. Given the bankruptcy in pakistan we cannot assume PT-06 integration automatically means JF-17s squadrons gets the integration signal magically. Integrating the weapon for every plane needs money. They will eventually integrate it ofcourse, but due to financial constraints the procedure may be slow or has not yet started.
It was never completed. China cut funding for JF-17 development years ago and Pakistan has not had the funds to complete. Currently, JF-17 can only fire heat seekers. JF-17 radar does not permit the full range of SD-10 making it a low priority until better radar is found.

CCTV

It was never completed. China cut funding for JF-17 development years ago and Pakistan has not had the funds to complete. Currently, JF-17 can only fire heat seekers. JF-17 radar does not permit the full range of SD-10 making it a low priority until better radar is found.
Any fake quote this time?:rofl:

p2prada

LOL...It seems that my time wasted on another idxxt knowing nothing....

OK, I give up... and you, could move on....and enjoy your unique ' Prototype ' theory.............LOL
He was talking about whether the final integration of the SD-10A is done on the JF-17 that are in service.

According to him PAF isn't able to afford it for their 42 operational aircraft.

If that's correct, they may have delayed it to Block 2 aircraft instead.

shiphone

Country flag
PAF was hesitating to choose the RADAR for FC-1 for quite a while at the beginning...

the French radar with the light weight MICA BRV missile might be best choice for such a light fighter..our SD-10A(heavior than AIM120) is some 'big' for this class of fighters...
since PAF cound NOT get the first choice...then they spent some time on the decision between two China's offers...

1. 6XXth institute's Falcon S-7 Radar
2 14th institute's KLJ-7 radar

the decision was made very lately...that's why since 2008 all the 8 LSPs and 42 SPs( first batch ---also known as BLOCK 1)could only fire the PL-5EII missile and unguide bombs. and this is so called XiongLong FC-1 Weapon (I) certification status.

Later PAF choose the KLJ-7 Radar ,then the approvement of Weapon (II) certifcation begans...then FC-1 could got the BVR missile and PGW(LS-6 serial Guide Bomb, C802AKG, SD-10A) ability...the certification was issued in mid-2012 and the final authentication of this approvement was held in Dec 2012.

once again ,I would like to emphasize that JF17/FC-1 was a 50:50 Joint project. Pakistan offer the half fund for the development(the other half came from the AVIC group),as the first and major customer, PAF's will is always the key...611th institue and CAC has to meet their requirement and conditions ...As I know ,PAF's requirement was changing in the early days...
--------------------------

PAF pay for the production of the first 8+42(a one billion contract signed in 2009) ,but due to the "money" problem, the production of JF/17 BLOCK1 (42 SPs) seems one year late behind the schedule...in my photo collection,I could find most of these 'Tail-numbers'

1. the eight LSPs (delivered within two pakistan financial years)

2007(4):07-101 07-102 07-103 07-104
2008(4) 08-105..........................08-108

2. the 42 SPs(BLOCK1)

2009(4): 09-109~112
2010(16?) 10-113~125
2011(8?) ex 11-130,11-134
2012(8?) ex. 12-138
2013 first half(??) ex. 13-142,13-143

-----------------
BUT the second batch SPs is another question... China government 'Giftted' the following 50 BLOCK II JF-17/Xiaolong to Pakistan which happened in May 2011.
(note: this is not a Intergovernmental loan but more like the military aid...the production(assembly job in PAC) began in the 2nd half of year 2013.(the original schedule was the second half of 2012)
the BLOCK I JF-17s would get upgraded in PAC.

Last edited:

shiphone

Country flag
the two competitors of the JF17/FC-1 Xiaolong's Radar bid

Falcon S7 from the AVIC 6XX institute..

KLJ-7 from the CETC 14 institute

----------------------------------

the lastest batch of JF17 BLOCK1 at the Test Flight Station of PAC , pic taken in early 2013

the 38th,42nd,43rd JF17 for PAF

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles