Jayanthi Natrajan is the new Environment Minister

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Phenom, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Phenom

Phenom Regular Member

The govt has moved Jayaram Ramesh from the Environment Ministry. Recently I have never heard any Environment Minister criticized as much as Jayaram Ramesh, everyone from other central ministers to state CMs everyone seemed to have had a problem with him.

Cabinet reshuffle: Jairam moves on from Environment, Khursheed is new Law Minister

3. Rage

Rage DFI TEAM Stars and Ambassadors

That's because Jayram Ramesh is the only one that actually does his job, and seriously. You can be damn sure that when others have a problem with you, you are doing what you're supposed to be doing in India well.

I think the main reason for the man to be zapped, is that the UPSC wants to save flagging economic growth. And Jayram was the biggest hurdle to factories not cropping up where they were not supposed to. To buildings like Adarsh that measure 100 m. tall being given the shaft, when CRZ regulations specify a limit of 30 m. Expect big projects like the Nagarjuna power project, the Junagarh-Jamnagar plants and mega nuclear power projects to get their clearances a lot more easily.

I think Jairam Ramesh will probably be of better use on the whole, in the Rural Development Ministry. At least there, initiatives benefit both the poor and the entrepreneur. And Jayram Ramesh will make sure that, it is not just the entrepreneur.

4. mayfair

mayfair Elite Member Elite Member

Say goodbye to our forests, rivers, mountains, coastal areas, estuaries, marshes and swamps, backwaters, endangered species, environmentally sensitive zones, anti-pollution measures...

Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
  5. tarunraju

tarunraju Moderator Moderator

It's the business lobby that got rid of Jairam Ramesh, not his merit (for a better portfolio) or demerit (due to non-performance in the Environment ministry).

Jayanthi Natarajan was a freaking spokesperson, a person who says or does whatever her party expects her to, it's her job to cover her party's arse amidst allegations of wrongdoings. Her credentials make her the ideal sock-puppet for the real-estate mafia.

6. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

Looking at the bright side, he will stop any encroachment in the rural areas on agri land etc. Hopefully!!

7. tarunraju

tarunraju Moderator Moderator

8. Marius Saturninus

Marius Saturninus Regular Member

I think Jairam Ramesh is the only minister in the cabinet who does his job. Sad to see him being removed from environment ministry.

9. Godless-Kafir

Godless-Kafir DFI Buddha Senior Member

I guess Jayram Rameshs good work and independent policy in the environment ministry did not stand well with the Congress, so they had to replace him with a yes master and one of the pets of Sonia.

10. Dinku

Dinku Regular Member

Why woman you talk about useless?

This Ramesh good?

Not allow bad things?

Country not progess he stop?

New woman allow progress no stop tree not cut?

I see link

[​IMG]

Man look good,
    '
    Hair more girl like.

How new woman look like?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
  11. Tshering22

Tshering22 Sikkimese Saber Senior Member

Oh boi... now I fear the environment around me....

12. malluowl

malluowl Regular Member

I am not happy with this reshuffle, but I believe at least India's rural poor can have some hope. I do not always agree with Mr. Ramesh, but I do see a sincere human in him and that alone wins my respect for him.

I am pretty sure the lobbyists have been burning midnight oil on this one for a long time. Booze and gals should be plenty in Malabar Hills tonite.
    Jayanthi Natarajan has been appointed so as to please the business community who will then take care of election expenditures in UP and the next general elections.
    Same wine, Different bottle.

13. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

I think Jayanthi Natarajan should hug Arnab Goswami in sisterly love for the publicity he has given her through Times Now! :D

Last edited: Jul 13, 2011
  14. sanjay

sanjay Regular Member

I think that Ms Natarajan should be awarded the Param Kaangress Rakshak award - for staunchly defending her nation - the nation known as the Congress Party. This nation is really a state within a state - sort of like the ISI.

She may in the future be awarded the Mahavir Kaangresswalla award, depending on how she does in her new post.