Japanese PM Warns China Against Landings

Discussion in 'Indo Pacific & East Asia' started by asianobserve, Apr 26, 2013.

1. asianobserve

asianobserve Elite Member Elite Member

By Agence France-Presse on Friday, April 26th, 2013

Read more: Japanese PM warns China against landings | Navy & Maritime Security News at DefenceTalk

This is how to deal with bully China...

Libertarian, arnabmit, Yusuf and 2 others like this.
  3. asianobserve

Sorry for double posting... MODs please delete this thread.

4. opesys

opesys Regular Member

Really ? What happened to your awe for Gandhian principles ? I remember you praising Gandhi in one of the thread here at DFI.

5. asianobserve

My praise is his brilliant use of passive resistance philosophy in dealing with imperialism when India was not in a position to militarily, politically and economically battle it out with England. I am contrasting it with the use of jihad and violence by Muslims in their call to bring to lite the plight of Muslims. The former approach will give you international support and is more effective while the latter will give you international consternation and will not help your cause. The context of my praise is on the employment of passive resistance strategy for political ends.

The Japanese issue is legal not political and cannot be defended by passive resistance. The use of military force to "prevent" China from usurping the disputed islands is justified more so that Japan has the means to do so.

I am a pragmatic person. Different circumstances should have different approaches and solutions.

hit&run likes this.
  6. opesys

opesys Regular Member

Fair enough....

But I don't think you have understood well Gandhi's teachings. I don't think Gandhi came up with his teachings just because there was no other way to remove British rule in India (even though it is kinda true India was not in a position to militarily battle British)... Thing is non violence is what Gandhi believed in! Even if there was a military option Gandhi would have still chosen his own path which was non violence!

7. CCTV

CCTV Regular Member

8. asianobserve

Then why not occupy these disputed islands... :rolleyes:

9. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Spot on.

Just the right way to ensure sovereignty and territorial integrity.

Negotiations are good, but not after losing territory.

asianobserve likes this.
  10. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

The article that I posted on the incursion thread was an eye opener for me as to just how much territory India has lost to China with their such so called routine incursions in the last 25 years.

Where is Sundarji? Where is Thimmayya? Where is Sam? I guess they'd be saying we left the world in good time to not be left sucking up to a fvcked up govt

asianobserve and arnabmit like this.
  11. Ray

Note how the Chinese tomtomed about their aricraft carrier and how it will rule the sea upto Guam!

I am sure they will attack Japan, that is ofcourse, if they put their money where their mouth is!

But they love money more than their mouth and so they will not allow it to be swallowed out of sheer jingoism and lose both in the bargain!

Losing face is OK with the Chinese, but not Money!

12. Ray

They could still do nothing without a nod from the political masters.

The actual question is - where is Indira Gandhi?

13. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

Sir, Sundarji was able to stand up and drill sense into Rajiv Gandhi who before that was pussy footing as usual.

Sam Bahadur did some plain talking with IG to make her understand how the operation in BD will go. He managed to get a free hand from her.

Thimmayya did the same with Nehru and that idiot Menon but Menon got his way with Nehru and the result was the bloody nose of 1962. When we have had strong Army Chiefs who stood up in front of the political masters, the nations interests were served. When not, we got screwed.

asianobserve likes this.
  14. asianobserve

A pattern is clear now when it comes to China. China will first probe around to test if you react. Then if you don't forcefully react they will put up temporary positions in the territories they want. Then if you do not do anything to evict them (just throw out verbal objections instead) then they will fortify their temporary positions. This is clear to Japanese leaders and they will not tolerate this Chinese antique.

15. CCTV

CCTV Regular Member

This JP PM said this words yestaday morning , but at the afternoon he claim he don't know a face off in DiaoYu island which happened that day morning.

Btw, it was a very good show. You can watch the video that how China force JP fish boats out of the island, not the other way around.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2013