Japanese help in breaking string of pearls stratagem

Can a combined India-Japan initiative cause string of pearls strategy to fail?

• Yes

Votes: 21 46.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Partially/ Not completely

Votes: 19 42.2%
  • Do not trust Japan enough for this

Votes: 3 6.7%

• Total voters

Krusty

Country flag
India is gonna understand what the real price is!
There you go again. The all seeing seer has another warning for us before anything is even started :laugh: What's your take on CPEC trap I wonder...

nimo_cn

Country flag
:eek: rage. Cool down bro. Chinese systems are robust and safe? Questionable at best. China suppresses news and the ones that trickle out is caught by the international media. That in itself makes for a poor record. Who knows how many accidents CCP hid away? China is hard to trust. That's another point against. Indian rail manufacturers possibly cannot judge Chinese HSR. Agree. But as an individual, I am free to draw my own conclusions. I am not a mainland Chinese in china to be kidnapped if I judge anything against the country. Cool down collect your composure. Don't start acting like global times frothing against India. My disapproval is irrelevant yes. But it seems to have touched a nerve with you :D chinese trains won't roll in India. Best that you, CCP and global times accept it move on. As I said, you always have your deeper than ocean, higher than mountain and richer than Arab friends to sell stuff to.
Chinese trains wont roll in India? I doubt that, Chinese trains roll in India one way or another.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/delhi...delhi-metro/story-4JOBHoo6X9s467wcMH3pBK.html

The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) has bought 21 coaches from the leading bullet train maker in China.

if i was so easy to be influenced by your nonsense, I wont stay here for that long, after all this forum are full of people like you. like many Chinese members here, we frequent this forum for occasional amusement.

I came to this forum in 2009, roughly two years before that china start builting HSR, and Chinese HSR was discussed here. ironically, attitude toward HSR in this forum was far less favorable back then. cosmetic project, pure show-off, white elephant, these words were used the most. vacancy rate was quoted numerously to prove the failure of Chinese HSR. until India decides to import HSR, HSR suddenly was adored by indian members, everyone was thrilled, finally we are having bullet trains, Chinese can't steal all the spotlight, sorry I speculate the last part.

staying here for that long, observing how indian members think and react, witnessing such ironical changes is simply fun.

Krusty

Country flag
Chinese trains wont roll in India? I doubt that, Chinese trains roll in India one way or another.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/delhi...delhi-metro/story-4JOBHoo6X9s467wcMH3pBK.html

The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) has bought 21 coaches from the leading bullet train maker in China.

if i was so easy to be influenced by your nonsense, I wont stay here for that long, after all this forum are full of people like you. like many Chinese members here, we frequent this forum for occasional amusement.

I came to this forum in 2009, roughly two years before that china start builting HSR, and Chinese HSR was discussed here. ironically, attitude toward HSR in this forum was far less favorable back then. cosmetic project, pure show-off, white elephant, these words were used the most. vacancy rate was quoted numerously to prove the failure of Chinese HSR. until India decides to import HSR, HSR suddenly was adored by indian members, everyone was thrilled, finally we are having bullet trains, Chinese can't steal all the spotlight, sorry I speculate the last part.

staying here for that long, observing how indian members think and react, witnessing such ironical changes is simply fun.
Hmmm and I thought we were discussing HSR. But ok. If you want to move the goalposts to claim victory, why bother? You won. Feel better? I'll be more specific. Chinese HSR won't run in India. Count on you to move the goalposts to make a point.

And fun? Oh your previous posts would say otherwise :biggrin2:

Influenced by my nonsense? I understand you are talking out of spite but if you can elaborate what 'nonsense' I'm talking about would be helpful. I will explain it. If not, I suggest you learn to swallow your ego.

Yggdrasil

Country flag

Wow, the heartburn is strong in this one.

The problem with you people is that you think because your 1.4 billion drones fall for CPC's nonsense propaganda, others in the outside world will also fall for it. What you don't realise is that people in free countries are a lot more astute and don't just swallow whatever their government rams down their throat.

Well, China's HSR is just a ripped-off model of Japan's HSR (which to be fair ripped off European technology, but at least they copied it competently, unlike China).

What's real fun is witnessing your passive-aggressive stomach-ache at India making progress and not making China a part of that story (which to be fair is more because of your cheap and shoddy goods and services than your belligerence).

Hey, we already civilised you once through Xuan Zang and Fa Xian, maybe in the future we'll have to do it again. Until then, you can feel happy about copying Western stuff.

Krusty

Country flag
Wow, the heartburn is strong in this one.

The problem with you people is that you think because your 1.4 billion drones fall for CPC's nonsense propaganda, others in the outside world will also fall for it. What you don't realise is that people in free countries are a lot more astute and don't just swallow whatever their government rams down their throat.

Well, China's HSR is just a ripped-off model of Japan's HSR (which to be fair ripped off European technology, but at least they copied it competently, unlike China).

What's real fun is witnessing your passive-aggressive stomach-ache at India making progress and not making China a part of that story (which to be fair is more because of your cheap and shoddy goods and services than your belligerence).

Hey, we already civilised you once through Xuan Zang and Fa Xian, maybe in the future we'll have to do it again. Until then, you can feel happy about copying Western stuff.
The tree of wisdom comes to my aid :hail:

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
The Japanese aren't autonomous enough to do these things. They continue to be subservient to USA in all their policies and considering the way Toupee is going with China, scared and backtracking, I don't think he will allow the Japanese to piss China off.

Toupee has become a laughing stock and now Japan is stuck with him.

Abe might try to strengthen his position but the Japanese constitution will need to be amended.

amoy

The Japanese aren't autonomous enough to do these things. They continue to be subservient to USA in all their policies and considering the way Toupee is going with China, scared and backtracking, I don't think he will allow the Japanese to piss China off.

Toupee has become a laughing stock and now Japan is stuck with him.

Abe might try to strengthen his position but the Japanese constitution will need to be amended.
I have far greater respect for Prez Trump than u. He is basically in the right direction and it takes time for his policies to be in full swing. There r so many who have been taking advantage of America, to the extent of unsustainability. So he is getting them to stop freeloading and to pay their due (Japan and Nato members alike).

Other sensible decisions including reviving manufacturing and building the " wall" to fend off illegal immigrants and save American jobs.

He's not a laughing stock.

There'r always loafers who expect others to do the dirty job like "breaking the string of pearls" for free. But only in their pipedreams. Japanese are wise enough to pursue their interests, walking a tightrope btwn more autonomy and a strong tie-up with US...

Most likely we will witness in four years
I. Trump will get reelected
II. Abe still the PM
III. Modi will speak louder
IV. The 1st high speed rail is yet to come to India (with Jap loans and tech)

Then we'll have a good laugh together over the Indo Japanese romance.

Last edited:

IndianHawk

Country flag
Most likely we will witness in four years
I. Trump will get reelected
II. Abe still the PM
III. Modi will speak louder
And Chinese will still won't have any human rights or freedom or liberty or any dignity or any choice in their own land so they will keep continue to cry on Indian forums I will surely be laughing :pound::pound::pound:

amoy

And Chinese will still won't have any human rights or freedom or liberty or any dignity or any choice in their own land so they will keep continue to cry on Indian forums I will surely be laughing :pound::pound::pound:
We will see in four years

Have a good laugh

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
To all my dear Chinese friends (especially @amoy ), it would be nice if you can open your eyes (Damnit that sounded racist, sorry:troll:) and see this:-

Japan will think of its own interests and we will think of our own interests. Wherever these interests converge, you will see us helping each other out (Every time PRC comes into picture, expect this to happen). Wherever our interests diverge, you will see us standing our ground opposite to each other (like at the WTO). More often than not, our interests converge. This is in stark contrast to India-PRC relations which have their fair share of converging interests (we are a rung below you in our economic development ladder, just as you are a rung below us on the social development ladder), but the net remains divergent (mostly because of security issues).

scatterStorm

Country flag
IMHO, with all the intellectual BS I've seen on this thread ... moving from the topic of "string of pearls" to "railways". An alliance with Japan is not happening, period! Even though we signed LEMOA, simply because no country is going to travel almost 3222 Nm to keep a couple or handful of Chinese subs at bay, the logistic cost is too much for Japanese Navy or any navy, even the USN too. That's why they signed LEMOA with us on first place.

This fight we Indians need to fight on our own. Nobody's gonna help us, the sooner our leaders realises this the better. Japanese have to look out for there country as well, as they recently just dodged the economic collapse bullet and the worst nuclear disaster since Chernobyl, although I won't say they dodged the latter though. ;)

The reason why Japanese have an aggressive stance is not because of some islands they claim the right too, it's all just shroud, the real reason is because whoever gains control of the SCS, will impact every other nations trade. And japan being dependent on sea trade, will be the most affected from it.

CBGs are a different aspect though, which again not happening as China has no incentive to put it's CBG to patrol in Indian ocean, for that they have cheap diesel electric subs and some SSNs. For which we are well equipped too, all we need is more machinery to be floating.

Andaman and Nicobar will play an important role in this. Sri Lanka ... man I am still awe struck to this day, that when we Indians have the opportunity to grab an upper hand, somebody somehow just shits on the plate. We had the opportunity to take over Sri lanka, US poked in. When we had the opportunity to divide Pakistan into two halves, NDA poked in.

Maldives, hmm now this is interesting, UAE and the Chinese are trying hard to put the nation into debt. They will sooner or later persuade them to build an airstrip or an airport.

Pakistan is the laughing stock here, it doesn't need a "pachvi fail" to realize that they made a deal with the devil. They are already in debt and it's increasing exponentially, soon it's going to collapse.

Letters from Adi

I'm truly worried about the ever increasing Chinese influence. First Hambantota, then CPEC and now Silk Road. I am afraid someday they'll engulf my homeland like they did with Tibet, Inner Mongolia and the Uyghurs.

no smoking

Country flag
Japan will think of its own interests and we will think of our own interests. Wherever these interests converge, you will see us helping each other out (Every time PRC comes into picture, expect this to happen). Wherever our interests diverge, you will see us standing our ground opposite to each other (like at the WTO). More often than not, our interests converge. This is in stark contrast to India-PRC relations which have their fair share of converging interests (we are a rung below you in our economic development ladder, just as you are a rung below us on the social development ladder), but the net remains divergent (mostly because of security issues).
For your information:
India's priority is Indian Ocean while Japanese have their eyes always on not SCS but Eastern Asia. Both sides have no intention and no means to help each other militarily.
On economical area, Japanese investment in those string of pearl is a competition against Chinese, but not necessarily good thing to Indian either. Any foreign investment in India's neighbourehood is building up the competition against India, hurting India's income.
Politically, Japan is not an independent country. Her policy has been heavily twisted by Americans, which make her stance very inconsistent.

Krusty

Country flag
You are kidding right? The official planned opening year is FY 2023. Some delays are probably expected. You can laugh alone. Even on 2023 Chinese won't get any Indian rail contracts and CCP and global times will be frothing from their mouths and shooting off warnings and advice for India :pound:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles