Japan firm's map shows Tibet as part of India

SHASH2K2

Taipei: A map drawn by a Japanese firm shows Tibet as part of India. The cartograph also shows China's southwestern Yunnan province as belonging to India, according to the web news portal wantchinatimes.com on Monday.
The map was made by Daiwa Securities Group as part of its business proposal to the People Insurance Company of China (PICC).
PICC officials who found the error have asked Daiwa to modify the map and make a formal apology.

more

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
PICC officials who found the error have asked Daiwa to modify the map and make a formal apology.
Former is reasonable, latter is anal.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
chinis getting the same dose they give to others and have audacity to ask for apology ?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Japan's distaste for China shows!

dev.uitda

Outstanding 8)
And formal apology? like a 3rd standard student.. gotta say they have a sense of humor :taunt1:

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
LOL... Japan seems to be having a pinch at China and now China gets taste of it's own medicine regarding map drawings.

sukhish

looks like India is just getting started here. china will be exausted in next couple years. people are going make a fool of china.

no smoking

Country flag
You know what, I just draw a picture that Hawhawii is part of india.
Don't you think this kind thing so pathetic: when china is doing whatever it wants in tibet, the countries like Japan and india can only try to change it by words instead of hands.

Country flag
Don't you think this kind thing so pathetic: when china is doing whatever it wants in tibet, the countries like Japan and india can only try to change it by words instead of hands.
Japan's wealth is equal to China's wealth and India's population is equal to Chinese population. You can downplay this to feel good but both these factors (along with US on both nations side) can thrash China. Both are also nuclear powers with Japanese being bigger nuclear power than China with full access to US nuclear arsenal.

http://www.nukestrat.com/pubs/JapanUmbrella.pdf

Japan Under the Nuclear Umbrella

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Now this is really amusing! Its interesting to observe China's rise as a major superpower, which practically nobody in its neighborhood likes.

Defcon 1

Country flag
Now this is really amusing! Its interesting to observe China's rise as a major superpower, which practically nobody in its neighborhood likes.
and does it includes malaysia too??? i never thought malaysia has any contention with china....

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
I am not in favor of Tibet being part of India, it was a free nation, and it should remain a free nation, next war should be to free Tibet.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
To be sure, Tibet is not a part of China.

It is an Autonomous Region of China meaning that it is independent (self governance) of China except possibly for foreign affair, defence and fiscal policies.

Autonomy is not a cosmetic polite word to fool the people.

That apart, India does not require Tibet since we are already a large country and so Tibet can continue to exist independent of India.

The Japanese have an unique distaste for the Chinese. It is historical.

The map was possible to make fun of China or possibly it was produced to irritate China to no end.

It appears that the Japanese achieved their aim!

Last edited:

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Does this also apply to the fact that you people make maps showing Arunachal Pradesh as part of China???

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
and does it includes malaysia too??? i never thought malaysia has any contention with china....

More than half of our population are Malays (if you add the other bumiputra this is more almost 70%). And there has always been a lingering suspicion against the ethnic Chinese. Do not forget this.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
More than half of our population are Malays (if you add the other bumiputra this is more almost 70%). And there has always been a lingering suspicion against the ethnic Chinese. Do not forget this.
But the Chinese control Malaysian economy!

And there are whole lot of Datuks who are Chinese!

S.A.T.A

Japan firm's map shows Tibet as part of India
Japan goes where India fears to tread... While we pursue the Look east policy, may be we should take some tips from the east along the way.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The Mongoloid people are very pragmatic and can take hard decisions!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles