Jallikattu Ban: Elites vs Local Tradition

prohumanity

Country flag
Here in case of jallikuttu , we see ignorance of Indian society. Just because a tradition, we should continue with it ?
It is like ISIS Islamic terrorists say ...we cut people's throats..because its our tradition !

Can't you see the poor animal running afraid and people causing torture to him....and calling it "tradition"
When are Tamils going to evolve ? "Sati pratha' when women used to jump in funeral pyre of husbands was, also a tradition. Why we stopped it....because it was stupid and inhumane.

Indians need to use more common sense and logic ..and stop living in dark ages where bizzare traditions were above compassion, logic and common sense. I see Jallikittu pure torture of an animal.

Hinduism which always believed in sanctity of all life ...should not favor this type of cruel traditions.

If Indian society does not evolve with time and change ....we will end up like primitive societies like Talibanistan etc.

What a dilemma..on one hand ..Indians are sending 104 sattelites in space at once...on the other hand they can not give up animal torture in name of "tradition"

Krusty

Country flag
Here in case of jallikuttu , we see ignorance of Indian society. Just because a tradition, we should continue with it ?
It is like ISIS Islamic terrorists say ...we cut people's throats..because its our tradition !

Can't you see the poor animal running afraid and people causing torture to him....and calling it "tradition"
When are Tamils going to evolve ? "Sati pratha' when women used to jump in funeral pyre of husbands was, also a tradition. Why we stopped it....because it was stupid and inhumane.

Indians need to use more common sense and logic ..and stop living in dark ages where bizzare traditions were above compassion, logic and common sense. I see Jallikittu pure torture of an animal.

Hinduism which always believed in sanctity of all life ...should not favor this type of cruel traditions.

If Indian society does not evolve with time and change ....we will end up like primitive societies like Talibanistan etc.

What a dilemma..on one hand ..Indians are sending 104 sattelites in space at once...on the other hand they can not give up animal torture in name of "tradition"
You can do better than read the thread from the start. Or atleast the posts this year. Your point has been replied to in detail.

mayfair

You can do better than read the thread from the start. Or atleast the posts this year. Your point has been replied to in detail.
Krusty aiyya, may I request you to sort of sumamrise the arguments and debates in favour of Jallikattu into a FAQ based thing? The rest of us could chip in now and then to add bits here and there. Should help with a lot of ignorance about this delicate subject.

Krusty

Country flag
Krusty aiyya, may I request you to sort of sumamrise the arguments and debates in favour of Jallikattu into a FAQ based thing? The rest of us could chip in now and then to add bits here and there. Should help with a lot of ignorance about this delicate subject.
Sono koto niwa ima jikan wa arimasen kara, ato de kanarazu shimasu mayfair san.

captscooby81

Country flag
Leave the Jallikattu topic guys they have picked the next topic Protest Against Hydrocarbon exploration in the Kaveri Delta Region .. Now looks like the state has got its 7 1/2 started its going to keep boiling like these in every month one or other issue which the fringe and the linguistic nationalist elements will use nicely the create a Gap so wide when the people in Delhi wake up it will be too late and slipped out of hand .. Regarding the jallikattu protest it was more portrayed as a Tamil tradition issue when it was actually a hindu temple festival issue . Reasons the Dravidian parties and the people associated with it dont want to show themselves as Hindu supporters though they are all hindu s and run to temple and do all drama when one of their leader is sick ... Dravidian movement is nothing but a linguistic version of communist which gives a bonding in the name of language ..

indiatester

Country flag

If you ban killing of animals, I will support what you say.
Do clarify if you are amongst those people who say killing is more humane than letting an animal live.

prohumanity

Country flag
Killing or torturing an animal is INHUMAN ...that's what I believe...Hindu civilization always believed in sanctity of all life.
Unless you have no other choice...please do not kill or torture poor animals. It does not make you a "bahubali" It only makes you a coward.

indiatester

Country flag
Killing or torturing an animal is INHUMAN ...that's what I believe...Hindu civilization always believed in sanctity of all life.
Unless you have no other choice...please do not kill or torture poor animals. It does not make you a "bahubali" It only makes you a coward.
Shall we start with asking for ban on all meat producing and consuming acts first.
KFC
McDonanlds
Dominos
Pizza Hut
PETA

Well its a huge list. I'm adding PETA because of their use of euthanasia "to put the animal out of misery".

Democracy

Sometimes I really very confused about the people who likes you, look at your words 'don't kill or torture animals', yes do not torture animals, I totally agree with this, but what the bullshit about killing? What should human being eats? I guess you will answer me plants, plants is a form of life too, they were alive too before you ate them.

you know, you people like a phony, always used your opinions to judge other people, only focus on your own thinkings and cultures. You can not force other races have same opinions with yours.

prohumanity

Country flag
Animal eaters have much higher prevalence of cancers such as colon cancer, breast ,ovarian and uterine cancers,.
Read some reputed scientific research and you will know bad effects of meat on health.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Govt changes in TN, no noise in MSM.
=====
Supreme Court Constitution Bench to continue hearing pleas challenging Jallikattu and similar activities today.

Eagle Eye

Country flag
Supreme Court Constitution Bench to continue hearing pleas challenging Jallikattu and similar activities.
wonder SC will ban HALAL Killing. In this,animals are killed in slow-painfull manner.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles