J20 Stealth Fighter

J20!

Country flag
Two J20's in primer spotted via satellite outside of the 132 Chengdu factory on September 7th.

J20!

Country flag
Has J20 entered the squadron service.
There are several LRIP air-frames currently in service at PLAAF Dingxin Flight Test & Training Base with identified serial numbers running from 78271-78276

Last edited:

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
I tried to go through last few pages looking for info on production rate (planned and current) for the J 20, then I gave up. Can anyone help me out here plz.

J20!

Country flag
I tried to go through last few pages looking for info on production rate (planned and current) for the J 20, then I gave up. Can anyone help me out here plz.
The only help I could offer is point out that there have been no public announcement regarding the production rates of J10c's and J16's let alone projections announcements for the J20's production rate.

The closest to actual figures are provided by military enthusiasts who document aircraft serials as different production batches enter service via pictures posted by random spotters.

It's not an exact science, but it the provides the most accurate data as opposed to unfounded speculation by western authors.

Chengdu's 132 factory may hit 10 airframes in 2017, but again, that's just an assumption based off their current LRIP rate

J20!

Country flag
Henry K put this up on his Twitter page; wish this pic was of a higher resolution:

3 J20's and 3 J16's on a photo-op.
An overhead shot of the same J20-J16 line-up. Confirmation that the J20 is shorter than a flanker in length.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Unfortunately for China this J20 is already obsolete in the Pacific even before it was inducted into service. The USN already has the Advanced Hawkeye years ago designed to target F-22 & F-35 wannabees. By 2018 Japan will have it too.

J20!

Country flag
Unfortunately for China this J20 is already obsolete in the Pacific even before it was inducted into service. The USN already has the Advanced Hawkeye years ago designed to target F-22 & F-35 wannabees. By 2018 Japan will have it too.
Your logic is skewed. Every advanced MIC is producing anti-stealth airborne and ground-based radars. If your argument is that the PRC should stop producing stealth fighters for that reason, then it should apply to everyone else.

If the J20 is obsolete , then so is the F22,F35 and SU57.

no smoking

Country flag
First of all, both Russia and China have claimed their similar anti-stealth radars years ago, did Americans think that their F-22 & F-35 is obsolete?
Second, this kind of radar can detect the incoming stealth jet, but they are not able to lock the target. It is all the "stealth" about: it is hard for your weapon to lock them.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Your logic is skewed. Every advanced MIC is producing anti-stealth airborne and ground-based radars. If your argument is that the PRC should stop producing stealth fighters for that reason, then it should apply to everyone else.

If the J20 is obsolete , then so is the F22,F35 and SU57.

First, Russian and Chinese VHF and UHF radars are stationary and ground based, meaning their utility in the Pacific theater is very limited, whereas the E-2D is airborne and mobile thus the latter's reach is substantially significant and flexible.

Second, Lockheed Martin, the maker of AN/APY-9 radar, is also the manufacturer of F-111, F-22 and F-35. Lockheed no doubt has mastered the science of stealth and thus is in the best position to lead in counter-stealth. Just imagine the data available to Lockheed on the "actual" (not theoretical) vulnerabilities of stealth aircrafts based on their experience with their own stealth aircrafts.

Russian and China on the other hand have no actual experience or at least are still in the learning process of manufacturing much more testing their radars against actual stealth aircrafts (still the F-22 is significantly better in stealth than any upcoming Russian and Chinese stealth fighters).

no smoking

Country flag
First, Russian and Chinese VHF and UHF radars are stationary and ground based, meaning their utility in the Pacific theater is very limited, whereas the E-2D is airborne and mobile thus the latter's reach is substantially significant and flexible.
Unfortunately, neither Russia, nor China, is thinking of getting deep into Pacific to fight US. Instead, currently, all 3 are planning the war theater closing to Russia and China. In other words, mobility is not a problem for Russia and China while E-2D is lot more vulnerable when it is flying in enemy's air defense area.

Second, Lockheed Martin, the maker of AN/APY-9 radar, is also the manufacturer of F-111, F-22 and F-35. Lockheed no doubt has mastered the science of stealth and thus is in the best position to lead in counter-stealth. Just imagine the data available to Lockheed on the "actual" (not theoretical) vulnerabilities of stealth aircrafts based on their experience with their own stealth aircrafts.

Russian and China on the other hand have no actual experience or at least are still in the learning process of manufacturing much more testing their radars against actual stealth aircrafts (still the F-22 is significantly better in stealth than any upcoming Russian and Chinese stealth fighters).
No, opposing to what you believe. There is no much leading that Americans enjoy against Russian and Chinese. As long as you have the related facility, you can test whatever stealth design you wants. In fact, both Russia and China have produced their own "F-22" demonstrator for testing once American F-22 came out. The problem is both of them lack the necessary technologies to put these demonstrator into massive scale production. But these demonstrators are good enough for anti-stealth purpose.

J20!

Country flag
High res pics of two yellow birds from CAC:

The photos are clear enough to note that the EOTS apature seems to have functional equipment now.

Ten LRIP air-frames by year-end would be a great start.

Last edited:

J20!

Country flag
I thought you guys were getting off the Russian vodka engines.
And the troll surfaces. Thought you claimed to have expert knowledge on all things "Chini".

Only one prototype has been integrated with WS10's; an airframe that had it's first flight barely more than a month ago. These aren't prototypes my Indian friend. These are LRIP birds being being inducted into PLAAF service, Chini Expert Sir!

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
And the troll surfaces. Thought you claimed to have expert knowledge on all things "Chini".

Only one prototype has been integrated with WS10's; an airframe that had it's first flight barely more than a month ago. These aren't prototypes my Indian friend. These are LRIP birds being being inducted into PLAAF service, Chini Expert Sir!
You might be right, which debunks your earlier claims that the WS-10 was ready to replace Russian engines.

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
Alright jokes aside.

When do you @no smoking @J20! Guys expect j-20 to achieve FOC and mature totally???

I guess 2022 for j-20 and 2025-27 for j-31.

J20!

Country flag
You might be right, which debunks your earlier claims that the WS-10 was ready to replace Russian engines.
Your constant attempts to troll and derail the J20 thread and others on the China sub-forum are growing more and more juvenile my Indian friend. So are your strawman arguments. Please provide the post where I made that "claim".

Varients of the WS10 are in service with the PLAAF on 100+ airframes. That's not a claim, it's a demonstrable fact. A WS10 variant Is being flown on the latest J20 prototype. Another demonstrable fact. Get over it mate.

Last edited:

su30mki2017

Country flag
High res pics of two yellow birds from CAC:

The photos are clear enough to note that the EOTS apature seems to have functional equipment now.

Ten LRIP air-frames by year-end would be a great start.
see from 40:30

How chinya cyberspies stole f35 technology

"china denies" :bplease:

J20!

Country flag

I haven't watched your video, but if those "spies" managed to steal critical information and tech from F35 contractors then GOOD!!!

The US has deployed 12 F35A's to bases in Okinawa and Marine Corps F35B's as well. I wish they'd stolen ALL the data there is on the F35.

I hope that data can be effectively used to counter those jets based close to China's coast. I hope whatever data was acquired through hacking and espionage has made it's way into the J20, all the better to protect China's security should sh*t hit the fan.

nimo_cn

Country flag

people also claimed that J20 originated from Russian MiG1.44, you guys should figure out the exact source before making a mockery of yourselves.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles