J20 Stealth Fighter

gadeshi

ORLY? ============================= :)

BTW WS-10, even if it will be fully service-ready by lifetime and burning stability, will not be sufficient for J-20 in thrust, while D-30F-6 has 16500kgs wet and D-30F-10/11 has 17000kgs wet (in the price of tremendous fuel consumption of course, but it's good enough for J-20 testing).
Importing D-30F-6 (and of course D-30F-10/11) is quite logical.

Last edited:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
BTW WS-10, even if it will be fully service-ready by lifetime and burning stability, will not be sufficient for J-20 in thrust, while D-30F-6 has 16500kgs wet and D-30F-10/11 has 17000kgs wet (in the price of tremendous fuel consumption of course, but it's good enough for J-20 testing).
Importing D-30F-6 (and of course D-30F-10/11) is quite logical.
How is that logical? It isn't like those engines would fit without a radical redesign. That defeats the purpose of testing when you have to alter it beyond all recognition.

gadeshi

How is that logical? It isn't like those engines would fit without a radical redesign. That defeats the purpose of testing when you have to alter it beyond all recognition.
It is obvious that J-20 airframe has been constructed for larger and heavier engine then Al-31 family or its Chinese analogues of its class.
Just look at the large air intakes and large fuselage volumes including rear part.
What engine it should be finally?

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
It is obvious that J-20 airframe has been constructed for larger and heavier engine then Al-31 family or its Chinese analogues of its class.
Just look at the large air intakes and large fuselage volumes including rear part.
What engine it should be finally?
J-20 inlets are canted with less than half the surface area of MiG-31. The required space for the engines would make it look more like a flying bathub and eat up the weapon bays.
D 30F6 outlets are nearly tall enough for standing room.

I think what is going to happen is the first batch of 117S will get some pictures being on the Su-35 and after some testing will be pulled and put into J-20 as well as the radar. Su-35 is a portal that gives China an excuse to order more parts for something they don't intend to use.

shiphone

Country flag
LOL ....with the image by yourself, isn't that more obviouse for that stupid so called D30 engine rumor?

8 or 9 pieces, the shape ,the size? it's the questions.... but it's only for you ,not for us especially with the HD images in hands...
----------------
WS-10 serial

the two engines in PLAAF museum-- WS10 and AL31F side by side

-------------------------

a freehand sketching of the F135 style Serrated edge ...source : FY TBX
when the time comes, we might be able to share the real images here soon....lol...but ,not now.

gadeshi

LOL ....with the image by yourself, isn't that more obviouse for that stupid so called D30 engine rumor?

8 or 9 pieces, the shape ,the size? it's the questions.... but it's only for you ,not for us especially with the HD images in hands...
----------------
WS-10 serial

the two engines in PLAAF museum-- WS10 and AL31F side by side

-------------------------

a freehand sketching of the F135 style Serrated edge ...source : FY TBX
when the time comes, we might be able to share the real images here soon....lol...but ,not now.

I don't pretend of knowing everything, I just see what I see.

So if the engine on J-20 photo is really WS-10 (which is not very obvious), we see that WS-10 has slightly modified D-30F-10 ejector nozzle :)
It tells us that Chinese engineers still cannot master high temperatures before turbine to get desired thrust without ejector :)

Отправлено с моего XT1080 через Tapatalk

shiphone

Country flag
I don't pretend of knowing everything, I just see what I see.

So if the engine on J-20 photo is really WS-10 (which is not very obvious), we see that WS-10 has slightly modified D-30F-10 ejector nozzle :)
It tells us that Chinese engineers still cannot master high temperatures before turbine to get desired thrust without ejector :)

Отправлено с моего XT1080 через Tapatalk
what a sarcasm here!....lol......

and
It is clearly visible that inner nozzles on photo belong to D-30F-10/11 - a MiG-31BM and S-37 Berkut power plant inside a Chinese outer nozzle cowling

Last edited:

shiphone

Country flag
some earlier post in this thread...

engine's thrust vector control tech was developed for nearly two decades...
the ground test used to have a Turbo Jet engine as the baseline test engine ,and nowadays it turns to be the varients of WS-10 serial Turbo Fan...

1.in late 1990s, the principle demonstration prototype was exhibited on a defense exhibition.

2. Vectoring nozzle on the a baseline turbo jet engine(WP13?)

3. some try with composite material on the nozzle

4. the Test bed views (inside and outside)

--------------
the TVC nozzle test on EJ-200..the approach and structure on Chinese design would be close to this...
on the Airshow China 2016...the newly founded Aero Engine Corporation of China(AECC)also demonstrated something ...

the three A9 actuating cylinders of TVC system...

and the brief functional diagram explained by someone ...the XXM of DS forum.

-------------

it is said that at this moment, the primary TVC project is related to the WS-15 Engine project which is also the genuine engine for J20 project... it will take another a couple of years to see the TVC on J20 if it goes well...

J20!

Country flag
Serial number 78274. LRIP air-frames currently in service at PLAAF Dingxin Flight Test & Training Base number from 78271 to 78276, not including the unmarked yellow-bird sighted recently.

shiphone

Country flag
LOL....all is fine if only you feel happy...

timg (1).jpg

-----------------------------------

New film《空天猎- SKYHUNTER》....release time : this Friday.

but we might not see J20 on camera althrough it was on the film poster...the J10C from the same brigade -a PLAAF combined formation elite unit, is the 'leading actor'...lol

Last edited:

J20!

Country flag
------------
Has Kaveri even ever flown on a jet fighter before? There are 500+ WS10A's in service. More fighters are being tested with it every year. J10B, J15, now the J20. Every J16 entering PLAAF service leaves the production line with 2 new WS10B's. How many IAF jets have Kaveri engines? 0.

------------

Last edited by a moderator:

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
Pray tell... Stolen from whom?
USSR,Russia.

I mean its worthless to tell you whom you stole it from.

Why you guys are doing the Su-35 deal when you have the J-20 and j-31(which is a straight f-35 copy).

J20!

Country flag
USSR,Russia.

I mean its worthless to tell you whom you stole it from.

Why you guys are doing the Su-35 deal when you have the J-20 and j-31(which is a straight f-35 copy).
I call Bullish*t.

WHICH SOVIET ENGINE IS WS10 a copy of exactly? U just made that up.

Reactions: Neo

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
Well niggas, Kaveri passed the high altitude test way back in 2010 when your engine failed and that's too In a very small budget.... It currently met all its requirements which were framed in 1987. It is a variable thrust Flat rated engine which I'm sure none of the Chinese engines are.... It use both old and latest technologies such DS blades and CMC, TiAl it is currently being uprated to a 95+kN thrust with existing core.
Now comes WS10, not recently but when it was tested along with Kaveri it broked with 30 hours of test only while Kaveri has been tested 57 hours non stop and thus it established the endurance and reliability which is the major concern of China's engine dream... And if you think that 400engines WS10 are currently operational that means you should have overcome all odds, but the fact is otherwise and you still struggling... Well best wishes for the next day as it will be good Atleast for China which have invested heavily on engine development. Also best of luck for WS15 which I too wanted to see on J20...

J20!

Country flag
WS10 is a try to make an equivalent of Al31, Chinese even made WS10 on the basis of Al31..
Utter rubbish.

The AL31's first run came after Pratt and Whitney's F100. They are in the same class. Is the AL31 a copy of the F100?

What's your source for that dubious claim? It's BS, but I'm curious as to whether you just pulled that fact out of thin air or if you have an actual source?

Reactions: Neo

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles