J&K receives 73 % of State GDP through Central Grants

Galaxy

Country flag
Unofficially, GoI spends lots of money in J&K through RAW to control separatist movement and to counter ISI funding.

As for as above official data is concerned, We don't have any other alternative in NE/J&K. We have to pay now for many decade old mistakes.

I don't even see any solution until Pakistan exist on map. Pan-Islamization card will always be there in that part of our country.

Last edited:

ejazr

Ambassador
I can't comment on why there is a discperancy between unidow which is a private firm and the govt. budget document figures. Where did unidow get its info from? Other budget documents are matching could mean that they made a mistake with only the J&K figures. I am just going by the budget documents and what other papers are reporting as well.

Regarding RTI, there is an RTI act, but its restricted to J&K state subjects. I agree this is a stupid provision. But that doesn't prevent people in J&K demanding information and getting corruption under control. There has been a strong RTI movement that forced the J&K govt. to eventually enact a law in 2009 under Omar Abdullah.

These are the type of laws(RTI, Lokpal) that Kashmiris would WANT in their state but don't get. While you have other set of laws like AFSPA that they would not want but still get applied by the Centre. This hypocrisy from the central as well as the state side has to end.

You can get in touch with RTI activists in J&K to get info on this specific matter. There is a full fledged JKRTI movement founded in part by Shah Faesal the 2011 IAS topper
A Bright Future for RTI in J&K – Dr. Muzaffar Bhat, Raman Sharma and Paul La Porte – OpEd – Greater Kashmir – 1 Feb. 2011 | The Right to Information in Jammu & Kashmir

sehwag1830

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
@Ejazr:

As i said earlier , remaining 4.5 billion $ ,Central Govt. spends in Kashmir as a special package and doesn't give to State Govt. directly. So this is why it isn't mentioned in the State budget.

Because all the other 4 states data match with unidow.

sehwag1830

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Unofficially, GoI spends lots of money in J&K through RAW to control separatist movement and to counter ISI funding.

And from where does ISI gets fund ? I don't think they can spend 2 to 3 billion $ in Kashmir annually.

Galaxy

Country flag
And from where does ISI gets fund ? I don't think they can spend 2 to 3 billion $ in Kashmir annually.
Of Course, ISI gets funding from GoP. Not sure about amount. May be 2-3 bn$, But if they do, We have to spend double to counter effectively. We are doing since ages!

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
This ajtr, who wants Hindus to be dumped in the sea and calls them leprosy and curse of subcontinent, is going to be shot one day in some airport while trying to smuggle in a bomb in a breast implant. And that will end the saga of this nutcase Jihadi.
I thought the evolved jihadist prefer ghetto bootys :lol:

===

Kashmir has the least poverty of any state, and very few industries. This must change. There should be reservation quota for Kashmiris esp the non wahabbi kinds.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles