'J-11B program in trouble, aircrafts crashing'

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Quoting an extract from the article

Kashin said the first batch of Chinese procured Su-27SK fighters in 1992 was for only 26 aircraft. "If they like it and if the J-11B project is not going smoothly, than they can buy more," or buy the license to build the Su-35 in China.
-
"The J-11B program is in big trouble; the Chinese have lost a lot of aircraft in crashes," said the U.S. source. "They have also reached a technological plateau and need help going to the next step beyond the Su-27/J-11."

Is China Buying Russia’s Su-35 Fighter? | Defense News | defensenews.com

shiphone

Country flag
so far the only lost of J11B serial is a J11BS(trainer) prototype belonging to SAC ...

there is no crash record of PLAAF J11(su27/30 included) fleet for years

Last edited:

no smoking

Country flag
Maybe our american friends in CIA just confused J-11B with Su-27. After they have the similiar shape.

Rage

DFI TEAM
so far the only lost of J11B serial is a J11BS(trainer) prototype belonging to SAC ...

there is no crash record of PLAAF J11(su27/30 included) fleet for years
Or maybe, since the program is in testing, all of the crashes have just been covered up, and you are not aware of it. Possible.

I'd tend to bank on the information of a defence professional much more than the information of a layman. After all, it's not like the J11B is taking to the skies and crashing in public space.

badguy2000

Respected Member
It is one's freedom to accept such a news.

Blackwater

you means to say chinis did not copy SU-27 properly?????:taunt::taunt::taunt::shocked:

Well ,Thats against the constitution of china,not to copy properly .

Guilty should be punished

Drsomnath999

lord of 32 teeth
Country flag
FORGET j11b welll what about J10b ???

i just saw a pics in some blogspot that it may have been inducted but one 1 jet does not signify any thing

jalsa

May be it is the reason they wanted to buy Su-35, we will never know how many J-11Bs have crashed CCP will cover it up.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I thought the Chinese aircraft was doing real well and would be a pace setter.

I am sure they will get good inputs from these crashes and would rectify the fault.

I hope all test pilots bailed out!

I thought that J-11B was an original Chinese design and production.

OK, fine now I know that J - 11B is a Su-27 copy as No Smoking corrects.

It should not be a problem for the Chinese to copy something.

Odd!

Last edited:

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
It J11B were really dropping like flies, they would not have attempted J15 landing on the carrier. J11B is based on a proven design and China has very good manufacuring process and quality control (Chinese aircrafts being well-made compared to their russian counterpartds is well known, western collectors for example have always preferred chinese built J5 over Mig17 for quality reason), thus any doubst on J11B really amounts to nothingt but wishful thinking on part of China-haters.

Country flag
May be it is the reason they wanted to buy Su-35, we will never know how many J-11Bs have crashed CCP will cover it up.
There is a long history of crashes as well as engine fires that have been covered up.

Last edited:

jalsa

The chinese still didn't know how to build world class jet engines but they are learning(copying?) fast, we must be cautious.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
you guys have to accept that China can copy anything, if you can send Rakhi Savant to China, just imagine what they will do with her.

On j10-11 copy does not mean 100% result but still China has achived close to that percent result with very few know(public) crashes. That is great achievement. Even if engineers are dying out of work pressure, still copying and getting it perfect is an achivement.
Nakal ka liya bhi akal chahia.

nimo_cn

Country flag
There is a long history of crashes as well as engine fires that have been covered up.
Always feel puzzled with comments of this kind, if they were covered up, how could you know there were crashes and fires?

Sent from Huawei Ascend T8830

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles