J-10 crashed in Hunan province, pilot died

DaRk WaVe

What do you mean uptill now? WS-10 still isn't a production engine. Field of engineless J-11Bs to prove it.

sorry i confused them, its WS-13 which is equivalent of RD-93 & WS-10A the equivalent of AL-31

DaRk WaVe

These pictures are from Nov 2008 and not much has changed with engine except the higher number WS-13 .Russians are only selling a limited quantity of AL-31's and chinese want them for themselves. Chinese are going to have to develop an engine if they want to export planes and they are sticking with their flop for the last 3 decades WS-10 as the engine to go into the exported planes.The Chinese are going to use Rd-93 in FC-1 after the WS-13 flopped so the question of what engine Pak will get still remains??
Chinese are buying RD-93s in huge number only because they will end up with Pakistan, uptill now there's been no official statement about engine on FC-20, The present form of WS-10 is in no way acceptable & if the horror story of WS-10 continued, PAF will have other option but AL-31 or may be delay induction of FC-20 :S

China has no plan to induct JF-17 for now, so almost all RD-93s will end up for PAF JF-17s plus I havent been to find anything reliable about WS-13, except that its serial production began in 2009.

October Surprises In Chinese Aerospace

Scroll down & read under heading 'New Engines'

Last edited:

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
All I want to say is RIP Brave soul....

nandu

PLAAF J7 crashes killing the pilot

http://idrw.org/

J-7 fighter aircraft from PLAAF crashed on May 6 killing its 28 year old pilot Feng Siguan , plane went down due to engine trouble.

Country flag
Chinese are buying RD-93s in huge number only because they will end up with Pakistan, uptill now there's been no official statement about engine on FC-20, The present form of WS-10 is in no way acceptable & if the horror story of WS-10 continued, PAF will have other option but AL-31 or may be delay induction of FC-20 :S

China has no plan to induct JF-17 for now, so almost all RD-93s will end up for PAF JF-17s plus I havent been to find anything reliable about WS-13, except that its serial production began in 2009.

October Surprises In Chinese Aerospace

Scroll down & read under heading 'New Engines'
WS-15 or whatever the new number is the flop WS-10 was that started with 3 decades ago. With a limited amount of AL-31's being exported to China from Russia; RD-93's are more valuable then ever to China. It is unlikely Pakistan will see any chinese planes ready to go in the next 5-7 years especially when they are on soft loans.

Last edited:
Country flag
http://communities.canada.com/ottaw...05/15/new-chinese-fighter-keeps-crashing.aspx

NEW CHINESE FIGHTER KEEPS CRASHING

Recent reports indicate that China's new fourth generation fighter jet, the J-10, has suffered two recent crashes and that Beijing is trying to keep them quiet in order to maintain export orders for the jets, according to Defense Technology News.

On April 13th, Beijing proudly displayed the J-10 to defence attaches from 50 countries, both to display China's growing technological capabilities and to promote the plane to would-be buyers.

Less than 10 days after the event, however, it appears that a J-10 had crashed during a training flight, according to the report.

The crash was meant to remain secret, but the pilot of the plane was a senior colonel in the PLAAF, and his funeral ultimately raised numerous questions and exposed the crash.

There are now questions about whether the crashes will have an effect on future export deals to countries such as Burma, Pakistan, Iran, and Bangladesh.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
^^ I don't think 5 crashes during 12 years of flight is a horrible track record at all. Indian sensationalism at its best...
I don't think we are trying to sensationalize(are we) J-10 crash counting numbers but because of stupid cover up.....

----------------
Wonder if WS-10 doesn't get ready in time then which equivalent fighter PAF will look for? Looking at their present economy i don't think they can buy even Gripen C/D in sufficient numbers...

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles