It's official: China backing Maoists

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Did you read the entire report? Here is a quote:

So why don't you mention that there were communists who supported India?

Obviously, the very article you posted proves that claims that 'Indian communists supported PRC' is a lie. The proper term is 'some Indian communists supported PRC.'
The Undivided Communist Part of India supported China. The individual who opposed them was demoted !

See here from the same article

The sacking of VS Achuthanandan from the CPM politburo yesterday wasn't the first time the octogenarian chief minister of Kerala had been punished by his party for indiscipline. Nor was it the first time that the veteran comrade had decided to stand his ground in the face of opposition from the party leadership.

In the matter of sticking to his guns, VS had started early — at least as early as 1962.
Your were talking about political parties and not individuals !

Your 'communist block' theory is a result of lack of knowledge or prejudice. Mainstream left parties, as inefficient and regressive they may be, are not as harmful as RSS, who like to call themselves 'nationalists.'
'

pmaitra

No the Undivided Communist Part of India supported China. The individual who opposed them was demoted !
Yes, the Party always makes unitary public statements but there are always counter views and factions. This has always been the case with Communists. Many communists opposed PRC then and even CPI(M) cadres have fought shoulder to shoulder with the CRPF against the Maoists very recently.

So placing the blame on all communists is BS.

See here from the same article
Yes, but you did not respond to my assertion.

Your were talking about political parties and not individuals !
Context correction: Communist bloc = Warsaw Pact. PRC was never part of the Communist Bloc since the Sino-Soviet split and even became a US ally during 1971-72 War. Read the post I was responding to.

Last edited:

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Yes, the Party always makes unitary public statements but there are always counter views and factions. This has always been the case with Communists.

So placing the blame on all communists is BS.

Yes, but you did not respond to my assertion.
A unitary statement is.....well unitary ! Such a statement would not have been released if most of the party elites had contrary views. btw the article makes only one claim i.e Communist Party of India supported China and put ideology above nation.

even CPI(M) cadres have fought shoulder to shoulder with the CRPF against the Maoists.
Thats a pure political game between Mamta/Maoists and CPI(M). CPI(M) have their own goons

Context correction: Communist bloc = Warsaw Pact. PRC was never part of the Communist Bloc.

You compared RSS with Left parties, poster meant the commie parties in India as the 'communist block". Context is pretty clear

Poseidon

Country flag
The worst part is that some so called social activist like Patkar say that this is a ploy by GoI to attack all these peaceful dam activists.

pmaitra

A unitary statement is.....well unitary ! Such a statement would not have been released if most of the party elites had contrary views. btw the article makes only one claim i.e Communist Party of India supported China and put ideology above nation.
Yes, I agree with the 'Party Line' but not with paining all communists, even all Indian communists in the same brush.

Thats a pure political game between Mamta/Maoists and CPI(M). CPI(M) have their own goons
Yes CPI(M) has goons, but that is not the point of discussion is it? The point is can we blame all communists as pro-Maoist or pro-PRC?

You compared RSS with Left parties, poster meant the commie parties in India as the 'communist block". Context is pretty clear
Even in that context, it is not true that all commie parties are supporting Maoists. CPI(M) has fought along with CRPF against Maoists. Let those who claim to be nationalists acknowledge the truth, after all our motto is 'Satyameva Jayate.' I have made relevant posts in the Maoist thread.

Last edited:

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Yes, I agree with the 'Party Line' but not with paining all communists, even all Indian communists in the same brush.

Yes CPI(M) has goons, but that is not the point of discussion is it? The point is can we blame all communists as pro-Maoist or pro-PRC?

Some Individuals may disagree, but Party Line definitely represents the popular view......:hmm: we're heading for a circular argument it seems

Even in that context, it is not true that all commie parties are supporting Maoists. CPI(M) has fought along with CRPF against Maoists. Let those who claim to be nationalists acknowledge the truth, after all our motto is 'Satyameva Jayate.' I have made relevant posts in the Maoist thread.
CPI-Marxist hates the Maoists due to the Sino-Soviet split. It's still a case of following ideology, one is Mao, the other is Marx

Let's just agree to disagree

Tomcat

as far as i am concerned all commies wather CPI MNLOPQRST all should be banned

pmaitra

Some Individuals may disagree, but Party Line definitely represents the popular view......:hmm: we're heading for a circular argument it seems

CPI-Marxist hates the Maoists due to the Sino-Soviet split. It's still a case of following ideology, one is Mao, the other is Marx

Let's just agree to disagree
Yes, I think that is what we should do. Thanks for acknowledging popular view. Calling something popular view is not the same as the view of every individual in the party. That was the point I was making.

as far as i am concerned all commies wather CPI MNLOPQRST all should be banned
Stifling opinion that you do not agree with is nothing different from what Stalin did. I guess only when reds stifle opinion of others it is evil, but when saffrons do it, it is in the interests of the nation. Sadly for some.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles