It is wrong to assume Hindus can't be terrorists

Discussion in 'Religion & Culture' started by Oracle, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Oracle

Oracle New Member

The violent strain in Hindutva is very old

[​IMG]

A day after Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh commented on the issue of 'Sangh terror', Communist Party of India - Marxist leader Sitaram Yechury on Friday cited ideologies propounded by freedom fighters V Savarkar and B S Moonje to insist that there was nothing new in the 'violent strain' of Hindutva.

Yechury said there was an urgent need to change the mindset that terrorism is associated with the people of only one community, and promised to raise the issue of innocent persons targeted in terror-related investigations in the Parliament.

The CPI-M leader was speaking at a day-long conference organised by civil rights groups Anhad and others to highlight the plight of people who were targeted by security agencies in the aftermath of terror attacks.

[​IMG]

Yechury said his party will raise the issue in the upcoming Parliament session and will demand investigations into the attacks and redressal of grievances of those unfairly targetted.

"The partition of India happened because the twin radical strains of Hindutva and Islam were adamant...But despite the fact that India became a secular republic, attempts are being made to convert it into a Hindutva state," Yechury said.

He said there was a history of militant ideology within the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh and it is wrong to assume that violent tendencies have developed only recently as a reaction to certain provocations.

"The violent strain in Hindutva is very old. The two-nation theory, as reminded to us by Digvijay Singh, was propounded by Savarkar, who also spoke about militarising Hindu dharma and Hinduising all politics," he said at the conference, which was also attended by the Congress leader.

[​IMG]

"There is nothing new about these violent tendencies and it is not that such tendencies have developed out of provocation of recent situations...It is wrong to assume that Hindus cannot be terrorists," he said.

Yechury said in light of history, it is important to be careful and to make sure that a particular community is not stigmatised and that terrorism is not encouraged by targeting innocent youth after every terror incident.

Besides Savarkar, Yechury also cited the ideology of B S Moonje, who is considered a mentor to RSS founder K B Hedgewar. Yechury pointed out that Moonje had noted in his diary that he wanted to meet Italian dictator Mussolini, and that after meeting him, he established the Central Hindu Military Education Society in 1935.

"This was the place where people like Colonel Shrikant Purohit took training," Yechury said.

Source

3. venkat

venkat Regular Member

Take a small teeny weeny mewing cat in to a room,close all the doors , take a stick and attack it...you will end up confronting a tiger.....one blast after another...hundreds and hundreds killed... a fellow Indian praises and raises your enemy's flag before your own eyes....colludes with them..joins hands with them..becomes a pawn in the hands of enemy's intelligence agency...a blast now ...a blast tomorrow...a blast here ...a blast there... you expect patriotic Indian to sit and watch helplessly??

4. natarajan

natarajan Senior Member Senior Member

Just one thing as congress brought colours to terrorism like saffron or other(green),first one raised because of what venkat told and the later formed based on religion ideology to spread religion and destroy other religion or convert.

5. Sabir

Sabir DFI TEAM Senior Member

no..patriotic Indians should bomb and kill more Indians...........

6. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

yes that cat/tiger will attack person with stick....but your cat/tiger is not attacking person with stick but another person outside room who has nothing to do with it.

well done your cat/tiger is an idiot and will continue to get beaten by 'person with stick' because it keeps on biting wrong person.

7. venkat

venkat Regular Member

^^^^ well ernesto!!! your che's cuban cigar(with due respects to Che) could be a pot which you may be inhaling.... When ppl are getting blinded in the name of Jihad and blasting a stock exchange and bombing a Gokul Chat center ...why not my tiny cat getting blinded with rage? I accept my cat is an idiot... and it has not swallowed ISI induced Jihadi poison!!!

8. amitkriit

amitkriit Senior Member Senior Member

Let us learn from USA, there were no serious backlashes against the Muslim community even after 9/11 incident. Our enemies want us to fight each other. What we need is an impartial and total enforcement of law if we want to counter these violent groups(both majority and minority).

9. anoop_mig25

anoop_mig25 Senior Member Senior Member

ok point taken but then what about armerd caders of cpi(m). are they saint who there to establish law and order in west bengal

10. Oracle

Oracle New Member

Justification of attacks against one community, in case of an attack on another community is a sad theory. Indians are known for their tolerance and we should upheld this value. No cause is great enough to justify terrorism, and killing of innocents.

11. venkat

venkat Regular Member

KPS GILL sahab once said " Bullet for Bullet" during the turmoil in Punjab. Such a brave heart he is , his stand on terrorism has yielded results, which nobody can deny!!! Soft peddling on issues of ISI sponsored terrorism will bring doom to India.

12. JBH22

JBH22 Senior Member Senior Member

this phrase has been taken out of its context while the so called two big religion have a place and proper funding
    Christian- Vatican which is a state in itself with a sophisticated financial system
    Islam-Mecca Petro dollars pouring in to help finance of mosque and spread of islam

Savarkar intention was to militarize the Hindus to protect them from any more atrocity like the partition,politicize Hinduism while all of us know that Christianity and Islam all have their say in politics i wonder why its prohibited for Hindus to do that??

13. Rage

Rage DFI TEAM Stars and Ambassadors

^ I won't agree with the conclusion that leads to. But I do say, you have a point.

14. Friend

Friend Regular Member

Lieutenant with due respect,

Armed cadres of cpi(m) are totaly wrong, but, does that justify saffron terror.

Nobody has ever justified Maoism. People dont differ in that opinion. What people differ is the methodology of ending the problem.

15. Friend

Friend Regular Member

I never knew Samjhauta express had a trainful of ISI assholes, in which case, great achievement!!! Or was the case similar with Malegaon??

16. Friend

Friend Regular Member

Church + politics = Dark Ages
    Mosque + politics = Pakistan....

Now you know why!!!

17. JBH22

JBH22 Senior Member Senior Member

Its too simplistic your analysis for that matter i don't see the Vatican as a dark place on the contrary its a well oiled machinery with its own bank,media,guards etc..

Same goes for islam In Saudi Arabia you have mecca petro dollars pouring to other countries to build mosques and finance spread of islam even in India this happens. As to Pakistan well their idiocy of listening to Uncle Sam in the 1980s brought them here.

Now just want to know why Hindus can't have proper funding to encourage growth of their religion and to say that if Hindus+Politics= something like Pakistan, then people have absolutely no idea about Hindus and Hinduism in general.

18. anoop_mig25

anoop_mig25 Senior Member Senior Member

well because hindus are itself divided (=caste) when perity still after 63 years of independence some upper caste hindus still deny entry to dalits/lower caste india to temple(recent news of tamilnadu). then how does one expect unity amongs hindus. hindus are worst enemies are themself.and worst part is that so called parties claming to be well-wishers of hindu has done nothing to prevent/reduce divison among hindus rather some(other then those pro-hindu) party has played dirty politics for their benefit for themself

19. Friend

Friend Regular Member

The Vatican Empire has shrunk to the size of pea. Well dark ages is not about absence of lights but the period in which there was widespread corruption, scientists were crucified, before renaissance. Now the church is separate from the administration.

Saudia Arabia is living only because of petro money and US support!!! Remove that and it will collapse. Just look around... Tunisia, Egypt, Jordan... and the list goes on.... Does building mosque feed its poor???? Or, will it feed our pooor if temples are built??? Uncle Sam is saving the ass of pak, otherwise it would have crumbled long ago!!!

Go ahead give some 'hindutva' gyan to me.... (Trust me I have had enough, to affect me).... but religion SHOULD stay at ones home... Thank GOD 'RSS' is a minority in my country!!!

20. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

worship your god in your home or temple/mosque/church etc dont mix it with politics.

as for original question....all people are humans first so everyone is capable of being terrorist. no one has patent over it.

some people hate saudi arabia but are too keen to follow its policies....which are doomed for failure.

but majority of people of every religion are not terrorists.

21. Sabir

Sabir DFI TEAM Senior Member

I wonder why people need a religion at all.......... You do not need to be a hindu, muslim or christian to be good human being and similarly you do not need any of them to be a terrorist ........