ISRO General News and Updates

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
let them who care.. they dont deserve our attention also..

on topic.. cant the heat shield be separated right now and put satellite into orbit because the altitude is already achieved??
Nope, the satellite might have been damaged, because it got separated from the fearing inside the heat sheild

rishivashista13

Country flag
As of now satellite is not damaged. Is their any way to recover it ?

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
As of now satellite is not damaged. Is their any way to recover it ?

It has been damaged as it got separated inside the fearing.

Any how I am thinking out of the box.

So, this satellite was a REPLACEMENT of the IRNSS1A which developed some glitch in all of it's Atomic clocks. The company which provided ISRO these atomic clocks also produced it for Galileo nav system. And even Galileo developed the glitch. They contacted the ISRO to know if the space org. also faced some similar trouble. And in Jn 2017, news came that IRNSS1A has all its 3 of the clocks non operational
The clocks are produced by SpectraTime.
I am not sure which clock does ISRO has installed.

rishivashista13

Country flag
What I was thinking that, As this satellite is not placed in desired orbit, it can be possible that it will fall back to earth, and due to heat shield protection , it will not burn in atmosphere and can fall back on earth anywhere.
It can be dangerous.
What do you think, is this possible?

rishivashista13

Country flag
Yes it can be .
But if we are having ASAT capabilities, we will not be willing to demonstrate it in front of the world.

indiatester

Country flag
Heat shield separation should have happened during 2nd stage itself. I wonder why they allowed the rocket to reach orbital altitude. If they had activated the self-destruct at this failure, the orbit could still be usable.
OR
Is this a cunning plan to now send a "de-orbit" rocket?

Vijyes

It has a perigee of 165km. It is bound to get friction from the air at that height and then fall to earth. Hopefully, the heat shield is not the capsule itself but some other material and hence satellite will burn up. Else, it can potentially hit as a meteor strike if it doesn't burn up due to the capsule preventing it

mahesh

Country flag
If the fairing has not fallen back yet, Can we track the satellite with the fairing with any sky scanning websites like satellite and sky debris scanning once.

Sent from my irisX8 using Tapatalk

Vijyes

Heat shield separation should have happened during 2nd stage itself. I wonder why they allowed the rocket to reach orbital altitude. If they had activated the self-destruct at this failure, the orbit could still be usable.
OR
Is this a cunning plan to now send a "de-orbit" rocket?
If the fairing has not fallen back yet, Can we track the satellite with the fairing with any sky scanning websites like satellite and sky debris scanning once.

Sent from my irisX8 using Tapatalk
The current perigee of orbit is 165km which is just at the edge of atmosphere. So, the satellite will fall back in a matter of days due to friction and air drag. It is not possible to use anti satellite weapon or anything else as the satellite orbit is. Not stable. It is reducing every second and spiralling towards earth

xeaaex

The current perigee of orbit is 165km which is just at the edge of atmosphere. So, the satellite will fall back in a matter of days due to friction and air drag. It is not possible to use anti satellite weapon or anything else as the satellite orbit is. Not stable. It is reducing every second and spiralling towards earth
Good then test it for meteor scenario......

indiatester

Country flag
Don't forget that the satellite still has lot of fuel inside. If there is any power left in its batteries may be it can be instructed to fire its motors so as to reenter atmosphere and burn up to ensure there is no debris left in space. Just an alternative to what you suggested.

Vijyes

Don't forget that the satellite still has lot of fuel inside. If there is any power left in its batteries may be it can be instructed to fire its motors so as to reenter atmosphere and burn up to ensure there is no debris left in space. Just an alternative to what you suggested.
It will fall into atmosphere without any motor burning up as its orbit is within edge of atmosphere where there is some amount of gases remaining. But whether it will burn or not is the question. The fairing may prevent the satellite from burning and may just crash as meteor.

mahesh

Country flag
would you be generous to show us how to find it out ourselves ? any link please. if its live tracking then it will be great

Vijyes

would you be generous to show us how to find it out ourselves ? any link please. if its live tracking then it will be great
I don't know if a falling satellite can be tracked as it orbits the earth,especially since the satellite partially opened up within the fairing and may even have got damaged without being able to release itself.

Also,the exact air drag, friction etc are difficult to calculate as the satellite orbit is passing within earth's atmosphere.

I don't have much idea about tracking such satellite.

kurup

Country flag
I don't know if a falling satellite can be tracked as it orbits the earth,especially since the satellite partially opened up within the fairing and may even have got damaged without being able to release itself.

Also,the exact air drag, friction etc are difficult to calculate as the satellite orbit is passing within earth's atmosphere.

I don't have much idea about tracking such satellite.
Satellite in orbit can be tracked live using this website ...... http://www.n2yo.com/

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles