Israeli police will not face trial over death of Palestinian girl

Anonymous

Israeli policemen suspected of shooting dead a 10-year-old Palestinian schoolgirl in 2007 will escape prosecution after a court said that too much time had elapsed to allow a re-examination of the case.

The decision will come as a blow for the girl's parents, who have campaigned for justice for their daughter, Abir Aramin, who died after being struck in the head during a school break.

In a highly critical ruling, Israel's High Court described the police investigation into the girl's death as a "sordid affair" that had been both "sloppy" and "negligent" and ordered the state to pay the family's legal costs.

But it backed an earlier decision not to charge two border policemen allegedly involved in her death, in part because of the difficulty of conducting an investigation so long after the incident in the absence of fresh evidence.

Human rights organisation Yesh Din, which had petitioned the court to indict the policemen, expressed its dismay. "An innocent girl was shot and somebody has to take responsibility," said Haim Erlich, the NGO's director. "No justice was done."

Abir was fatally wounded in January 2007 after buying snacks with her sister and two friends during a school break in the West Bank town of Anata.

Eyewitnesses claimed that border guards, who had clashed with stone-throwing Palestinian rioters nearby, fired at the girl from a passing jeep. The police opened an investigation but closed it a short while later, arguing it was possible she had been killed by a rock and that there was insufficient evidence to proceed.

Residents said there were no clashes in that particular street, and a parallel investigation and autopsy carried out by Israeli NGOs concluded that she had been killed by a rubber bullet fired by police in the jeep.

An Israeli civil court last year agreed with the girl's family, saying there was "no debate" that Abir was shot by border guards.
Source: Israeli police will not face trial over death of Palestinian girl - Middle East, World - The Independent

I guess Israel has a 4 year statute of limitations on homicide. In other words any murder/ homocide etc. after 4 yrs cannot result in any conviction in Israeli courts or no laws or rights really apply to Palestinians except for Israel military law. Consider this though Israel can reclaim property by force after 2000 years based on the fact that they have the same religions as the people who supposedly lost it. And I guess John Demjanjuk shouldn't have been convicted two months ago for his alleged crimes as a Nazi death camp guard because it happened soo many years ago..right Israel?

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
She was probably killed by her own radical lunatics. Remember the rape and murder of 2 innocent Kashmiri girls that rocked Kashmir? At that time everyone blamed the Army for the rapes and this and that. But ultimately when the smoke cleared, it was their own "brother jihadis" that had raped and killed them.

The tactic of defamation is common against India and Israel by a common enemy. And it is getting clearer and clearer no matter how much apologists and the ultra-liberal brigade wants to run up to its rescue.

pack leader

Professional
sure believe anything told by the lefty British media
they were exonerated after 0 prof was given that she died at their hand
after an Israeli TV show exposed the story the trail was reopened
but since no new evidence was provided the case was closed
and stupid British Media can go on their regular rage trip

Anonymous

She was probably killed by her own radical lunatics.
That could be possible but then how do you explain this
An Israeli civil court last year agreed with the girl's family, saying there was "no debate" that Abir was shot by border guards.
also how did radicals in Israel get rubber bullets which Israeli police were using and shot at the same time when Israeli police were driving by in front of the 10yr old girl shooting rubber bullets?

sure believe anything told by the lefty British media
they were exonerated after 0 prof was given that she died at their hand
after an Israeli TV show exposed the story the trail was reopened
but since no new evidence was provided the case was closed
and stupid British Media can go on their regular rage trip
Yes yes I know any or every criticism against Israel is propaganda and only Israel is right and every one is wrong..the whole world is wrong and Israel is right. I understood that from your original thread.

Last edited:

pack leader

Professional
i never claimed my country is mad up of saints
but our judicatory is top notch and if they dismissed the case
then there was no prof
no prof no punishment just like any anther country
the fact remains that when wrong doing by Israeli service men is uncovered it is dealt with harshly

Tomcat

ok fine so what the palastaniens should face for killing hundrads of isralei kids and people why is the world blind to atrocities commited on the isralies ????

AirforcePilot

Professional
The simple solution is for the Palestinians to stop throwing rocks. It's unfortunate that a young girl got killed however the border guards have the right to self defense when attacked.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
The simple solution is for the Palestinians to stop throwing rocks. It's unfortunate that a young girl got killed however the border guards have the right to self defense when attacked.
No no, only the leftists are pure breed saints here. Israel is the evil zionist supported by its big stupid side kick the USA and India is just full of evil Hindoos plotting to oppress and exterminate everything Arab and Islamic. :lol:

Anonymous

Apparently you didn't read the article

Abir was fatally wounded in January 2007 after buying snacks with her sister and two friends during a school break in the West Bank town of Anata.
Please tell me how a 10 yr old Palestinian girl buying snacks was a threat to Israeli police.

Anonymous

No no, only the leftists are pure breed saints here. Israel is the evil zionist supported by its big stupid side kick the USA and India is just full of evil Hindoos plotting to oppress and exterminate everything Arab and Islamic. :lol:
Damn! is that true coz that would make me evil too being born a Hindu and all? Btw what is your understanding of the word leftist? Someone who cares about truth and justice..if thats leftist then I have no problem in being called one instead of someone who thumps his chest while shooting little kids and then hides behind snide remarks to cover it up.

Rahul M

reminds me of a very intriguing comment by golda meir

"We can forgive the Arabs for killing our children. We cannot forgive them for forcing us to kill their children.... We will only have peace with the Arabs when they love their children more than they hate us."

Anonymous

i never claimed my country is mad up of saints
but our judicatory is top notch and if they dismissed the case
then there was no prof
no prof no punishment just like any anther country
the fact remains that when wrong doing by Israeli service men is uncovered it is dealt with harshly
No No..Israel can never do any wrong. Israel is always right and only the world is wrong as Israel is always right. Israel can never do any wrong, everything else in the world is propaganda and only Israel is right. Don't need to change that now.

Anonymous

reminds me of a very intriguing comment by golda meir

"We can forgive the Arabs for killing our children. We cannot forgive them for forcing us to kill their children.... We will only have peace with the Arabs when they love their children more than they hate us."
Reminds me of a very intriguing comment by-Moshe Dayan, Israeli general, 1956
"What cause have we to complain about their fierce hatred to us? For eight years now, they sit in their refugee camps in Gaza, and before their eyes we turn into our homestead the land and villages in which they and their forefathers have lived."

and by Nelson Mandela
"The so-called 'Palestinian autonomous areas' are bantustans. These are restricted entities within the power structure of the Israeli apartheid system."

and by - Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Nobel Peace Prize laureate for his work against apartheid in South Africa
"Yesterday's South African township dwellers can tell you about today's life in the Occupied Territories... More than an emergency is needed to get to a hospital; less than a crime earns a trip to jail... If apartheid ended, so can the occupation. But the moral force and international pressure will have to be just as determined. The current divestment effort is the first, though certainly not the only, necessary move in that direction."

and I could sit and quote the Father of India, Mahatma Gandhi all day on this issue but then some people will claim this is all propaganda and lies. Only Israel is right and all these people are wrong.

Anonymous

ok fine so what the palastaniens should face for killing hundrads of isralei kids and people why is the world blind to atrocities commited on the isralies ????
World is not blind but selective reading of casualty figures is being blind

Source

KS

Bye bye DFI
Mr. M.K. Gandhi can say things all day. But I don't think he would have lived to see the light of the day if he was up against Hitler rather than the English and all his "Ahimsa" would have gone down the drain faster than a flush takes down the waste.

BTW Mr. Gandhi also said immediately after independence it was time to dissolve the Congress. Any takers for that ?

Last edited:

Tomcat

i like what israle does if you kill one of mine i shall kill a thousand of yours it is a policy that these morons ( arabs ) understand so whats worng the simple fact is that israle dosent take the betan path of appesment so all are jealous of her including some "Indian" leftist loosers

Reactions: KS

KS

Bye bye DFI
i like what israle does if you kill one of mine i shall kill a thousand of yours it is a policy that these morons ( arabs ) understand so whats worng the simple fact is that israle dosent take the betan path of appesment so all are jealous of her including some "Indian" leftist loosers
Hey dude - they value the life of their citizens and extract vengeance for each and every lost soul. How can you expect that from loosers because of whom India is such a soft pussy that even the Sri Lankans can get away threatening us and actually killing our men in cold blood ?

Emerging Super Power :pound:

Anonymous

Mr. M.G. Gandhi can say things all day. But I don't think he would have lived to see the light of the day if he was up against Hitler rather than the English and all his "Ahimsa" would have gone down the drain faster than a flush takes down the waste.

BTW Mr. Gandhi also said immediately after independence it was time to dissolve the Congress. Any takers for that ?
Yes we can sit and speculate what if Mahatma Gandhi would have been against Hitler instead of Britishers who were no less then Hitlers at that time and used violence against Indians.

Tomcat

i wish that india was like israle that i valued " our lives" and smacked its stupid neghibours to oblivion if they even deard look at us

" its worth living like a warrior for one day then live like a slave for a 100 years"

KS

Bye bye DFI
Yes we can sit and speculate what if Mahatma Gandhi would have been against Hitler instead of Britishers who were no less then Hitlers at that time and used violence against Indians.
Arey baba - The British were much more civil than what the Nazis did to others.

The things is it was just Mr.Gandhi's sheer,divine luck that he was up against the 'culturally developed' British and not the Nazis or Gen.Tojo. Else he would have long disappeared in some concentration camp. Even the Brits left India only after the Nazis wrung their treasury dry and they were finding the maintenance of the British Raj totally impossible.

Non-violence does not work in 99 cases out of 100. We have a saying in local lingo - Adi uthavara maari annan thambi kooda uthava mattan - roughly transalated as , Even your brothers can't help you like a good hard smack can.

WEith the non-violence you preach the Israelis would have long been pushed into the depths of the Dead Sea. The Arabs understand only the lingo of stick and nothing else.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles