Israel set to bag another mega Indian defence deal

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Namica or Helina? Isn't helina compairable to hellfire?

I thought this was Namica... the tracked vehicle which carries a fire and forget variant of NAG...

NAMICA is equivalent and more sofisticated than HELLFIRE..

Both in range and warhead payload..

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Get Proper Education about Category of ATGM..
This article is over 2 years old and does not arrange ATGMs by type, but has some info which might be relevant.

Top 10 anti tank guided missiles

...there are only three types of ATGM in IA service: (1) the man portable one of which we have Milan and Milan-2T (2) ones used with BMP-1/2 (3) Cannon launched ATGM on T-90 and Arjun (in future).
http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6219&start=2720

Last edited:

mikhail

Country flag
India needs A-10 in anti-tank role.
Sir the IAF will jump on to get a few dozens of A-10 if U.S.A. is willing to sell this beast to us!i mean at least your country can sell this aircraft to us if not the F-35 II Lightening,it will be certainly be a potent addition to the IAF inventory.but the way i see it ain't gonna happen in the near future at least:rolleyes:.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
My bad, Ground System is call NAG and Airborne System call Helina..

Namica or Helina? Isn't helina compairable to hellfire?

I thought this was Namica... the tracked vehicle which carries a fire and forget variant of NAG...

sob

Mod
Country flag
@sob, Without self-reliance we will die..

About new 84mm RCL MK3, Its a Upgrade of earlier 84mm RCL MK2, This RCL is less than 8kg..

Calls >> Carl Gustaf 84mm MK3..

It fires :

1. Smokes
2. Illuminating Rounds
3. Anti-tank
4. Anti Personal
5. Anti Material
6. Thermal

Rounds, Very popular in Infantry
@Kunal Biswas, My point is that there has to be some accountability. There has never been a project from DRDO where they have not claimed to be at par with the existing best system in the world. We continue to hear this for years but the system rarely sees integration in the Armed Forces. come on can we afford decades to develop weapon systems. the initial learning curve is steep but how long will the DRDO be in the initial learning curve.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I agree but that is not the fault of engg and scientist developing with such minimum wages nor the answer is imports..

The answer is to find weeds in our pot and weed them out, so does pour money and right people to guide it & then see how we Indians can do it..

================

Btw, the DRDO projects are truly world class..

@Kunal Biswas, My point is that there has to be some accountability. There has never been a project from DRDO where they have not claimed to be at par with the existing best system in the world. We continue to hear this for years but the system rarely sees integration in the Armed Forces. come on can we afford decades to develop weapon systems. the initial learning curve is steep but how long will the DRDO be in the initial learning curve.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles