Israel appears to be readying for conflict with Lebanon

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
Israel appears to be readying for conflict with Lebanon

Senior Israeli officials have indicated that the Jewish state is gearing up for a major "war with Lebanon," according to sources close to the Israeli government.

The Israeli military has reportedly deployed missile defense systems to the northern part of the country, which sits near Lebanon, and has ordered all civilian aircraft to evacuate Haifa airport, the Jewish state's northernmost air hub.

Senior Israeli officials have warned of an impending conflict in closed-door meetings in Washington, D.C., sources said.

The "world needs to be prepared for the next war with Lebanon," a senior military adviser to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu recently said during a private meeting with representatives of the Foundation for Defense of Democracies (FDD), a D.C. think-tank.

"All of Lebanon is now South Lebanon," the official reportedly said, referring to Israel's ongoing attempts to prevent the Lebanese terror group Hezbollah from replenishing its weapons cache.

Jonathan Schanzer, FDD's vice president of research, recalled being "struck by the blunt nature of this senior officials' comments."

"He seemed to be saying this is a matter of when not if," Schanzer told the Free Beacon. "If you're looking at the big picture, the Israelis continue to move chess pieces to the North. Something is happening on the Lebanese front."

The Israeli official's remarks suggest Israel is now willing to penetrate deep inside Lebanese territory in order to prevent Hezbollah from acquiring sophisticated weaponry.

Israel offered similar warnings during a recent meeting with officials from the United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL), which is tasked with maintaining peace between Israel and Lebanon, according to reports.

"Israel told U.N. peacekeeping forces in South Lebanon to 'take precautions' amid growing fears of a regional conflict," the Lebanese news site NOW reported over the weekend.

"There are dangers of an Israeli strike against Lebanon," Lebanese parliamentarian Jean Ogassapian was quoted as saying. "There is information that Israel told UNIFIL to take precautions."

Israel conducted a surprise military operation inside Syria late last month to prevent Hezbollah from obtaining sophisticated Russian-made anti-aircraft missiles, according to reports.

Israel then bombed a Hezbollah-run transmission tower several days later, according to the Times of Israel. Hezbollah later denied the attack had taken place.

Israeli officials have increasingly made clear that its military is willing to conduct similar operations in the future in order to prevent heavy weapons from reaching terrorist forces in Lebanon.

That declaration has led to concerns Hezbollah could begin to launch retaliatory attacks along Israel's populous northern border.

There are several indications Israel is preparing to ward off an attack.

Israel has deployed a third Iron Dome missile defense system to the north in recent days. Additionally, Israel stepped up its military surveillance in Lebanon, reportedly deploying drones deep in Lebanese airspace.

"What they're doing, especially with the Iron Dome, is contingency preparation," said Jeffrey White, a defense fellow at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy. "I don't think they have a plan of releasing a general attack "¦ but they have to be ready."

Israel has "sent out enough fertile warnings" that it is prepared "to act as necessary to stop any flow of weapons to Hezbollah," White said.

As Hezbollah works to restock its arms, Israel "must be ready to act against specific shipments and retaliation on some scale," White explained. "They also have to be ready to act if there's a rapid escalation."

A spokesperson in the office of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu did not respond to a Free Beacon request for comment.

Israel appears to be readying for conflict with Lebanon | Washington Free Beacon

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
Israel then bombed a Hezbollah-run transmission tower several days later, according to the Times of Israel. Hezbollah later denied the attack had taken place.
Really ..No news till Now .. @pack leader anymore Information Sir

Last edited by a moderator:

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
The Israel is like a barking dog that never bites on the other hand the Hezbollah are like the biting dogs never bark.......

Shirman

Country flag
The Israel is like a barking dog that never bites on the other hand the Hezbollah are like the biting dogs never bark.......
i am afraid its the other way around though i wouldn't call dogs 2 any body......:rolleyes:

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
i am afraid its the other way around though i wouldn't call dogs 2 any body......:rolleyes:
I am sorry, I did not mean to call anyone as dogs, but just compare the old saying"BARKING DOG NEVER BITES, BITING DOG NEVER BARKS"......

I never meant any abuse to anyone.....

average american

It seems that Isreal is allways doing the biting, the rest of the middle east howing and barking ,, Iran an Syria, are threatening Israel but have done nothing over the air strikes in Syria.
Syria, Iran threaten retaliation against Israel over airstrike | Fox News

Lebanon and Hezbolla are holding back for couple reasons, one is Syria is not there to back them, and two Israel has made it clear to Lebanon that Israel will do billions of dolllar to Lebanons Inferstructure,, every bridge, ever dam, any thing that will cost money to be replaced will the destroyed. Israel to Lebanon if Hezbolla strikes your responsible and you are going to pay big time.

The 2006 War cost Lebanon over 5 billion, this time with the intentional targeting of inferstructure Israel has told Lebanon it will be 25 billion. A lot for a coutnry like Lebanon. With Syria neutrialized Israel believes this time they may be able to destroy Hezbolla in Lebanon. They have plenty of smart bombs to do it beside a large inventory of Israeli bombs, the USA militry stores their US Military supply of smart bombs in Israel, as well as other equipment. Lot of people in Lebanon dont like Hezbolla anyway.

Last edited:

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Israel barks and bites as well and as per history it can bite several countries at the same time.

Hezbollah is a terrorist org who believes in everlasting war rather than any solution and push their generations in enemity.

Shirman

Country flag
I am sorry, I did not mean to call anyone as dogs, but just compare the old saying"BARKING DOG NEVER BITES, BITING DOG NEVER BARKS"......

I never meant any abuse to anyone.....
Its Ok Seshaji U just reminded me of an incident that happened to US INDIAN tourist in 1992-93 when we visited Israel for the first time.....Yes coming back to topic i agree with @average american n Hisbollah also knows about Isreal-American Defence Industrial complex.....:thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:

average american

Israel Stocks Up On JDAM

January 26, 2013

Israel has ordered over another 10,350 JDAM (Joint Direct Attack Munitions) GPS guided bombs from the United States. A third are 909 kg (2,000 pound) bombs, another third are 127 kg (280 pound) SDB (Small Diameter Bombs), while the rest are 1,000 and 500 pound bombs. This order includes the dumb bombs, JDAM guidance kits, fuzes, jamming countermeasures, and other maintenance equipment and parts. The average price per bomb is about $64,000.

I have also heard Israel has moved the Iron Dome to the Lebanon border

The USA has an immense stockpiles of dumbbombs from being prepared for war with the USSR,

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
So, this will mark the start of the THIRD WORLD WAR and it is in its starting stage......

average american

So, this will mark the start of the THIRD WORLD WAR and it is in its starting stage......
I guess it could happen,, from what I see if the arabs leave Israel alone it does not have to happen, Israel does not have a choice they do.

Israeli Nuclear Threats and Blackmail

Minister of Defense Ariel Sharon said things like "We are much more important than (Americans) think. We can take the middle east with us whenever we go"[19] and "Arabs may have the oil, but we have the matches."[20

General Moshe Dayan, a leading promoter of Israel's nuclear program[15], has been quoted as saying "Israel must be like a mad dog, too dangerous to bother."[16] Amos Rubin, an economic adviser to former Prime Minister Yitzhak Shamir, said "If left to its own Israel will have no choice but to fall back on a riskier defense which will endanger itself and the world at large...

Depending on the winds India is in danger of massive radiation fall out if their is a middle east nuclear war.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
could be the reason pak tested nasr yesterday before handing over 4 mobile tel of nasr.

Watching for the war to star

Novice

Those are motivated people with a zeal to surge from any pitfall. Being at the verge of extinction, they displayed the best possible of solidarity. Call it brotherhood or affection or the last ditch effort for survival that united them in the time of need. Try the same with others and most would just crumble like a peck of card. Most other countries are divided with polarity in almost every subject. If you have a common history, you fight over menial things and would never be able to comprehend the value of freedom. When you have nothing left, you create history. Best about them is that they consider their people indispensable. Scandinavians may be best in ranking in human right but Israel triumphs in terms of human life. Israel returned more than 5,500 Egyptian soldiers after the 1956 war in exchange for their 4. What else would one want? Go Israel

:israel:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles