Israel Air Force (IAF) holds aerial salute above Israel

Someoneforyou

Israel Air Force (IAF) holds aerial salute above Israel
ISRAEL - 10 MAY 2011

In honor of Israel's Independence Day, the Israeli Air Force's aircrafts flew through Israel's skies above a dozen cities and over Israel's shores

The Israeli Air Force (IAF) held an aerial salute in honor of Israel's Independence Day on Tuesday (May 10), flying through Israel's skies from 9:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. The salute incorporated (IAF) fighter jets and transport planes as well as helicopters which flew over a dozen cities including Jerusalem and Be'er Sheba and Israel's shores.

At 12:30 p.m. the planes held an aerobatic performance in front of the Opera Tower in Tel Aviv from which they continued their flights to Ashkelon, Sderot, etc. As such, the IAF's aerobatic crew carried out an aerial salute above the Ramad David air force base at 9:15 a.m. from which it continued its flight toward the shores of Tel Aviv at 11:50 a.m. At 2:40 p.m. the last flight took place above the Air Force Museum in Hatzerim.

Pictured: "Sufa" planes, also known as F-16I, flying in formation.

Pictured: "Sufa" planes, also known as F-16I, flying over the beaches of Tel-Aviv.

Pictured: A "Re'em" plane (Boeing 707) refueling a "Ra'am" plane (F-15I) above the beaches of Tel-Aviv.

Pictured: "Sufa" planes, also known as F-16I, flying in formation.

Source: Israel Defense Forces

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles