Isn't Manmohan Singh tired of lying ?

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Isn't it obvious?

You, Yusuf and me do not chart the destiny of the Nation.

The politicians do.
Agreed.

They should not only be punching bags , but should be kicked in the posterior for taking us for a ride and shoring up their own fortunes.

Check the assets of each skyrocketing after each time they are elected.

How is it done?

That is the question!
Every year at least hundred new politicians join the forefront, I wonder how come in not-so-long-run, almost everyone of them turn out to be corrupt, evil, liar in innocent public's opinion. And the trend continues for decades. These people get re-elected by the same people who accused & punched them. Makes me question if there are no sane, acceptable alternatives or all this talk is only good over a evening tea!

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Every year at least hundred new politicians join the forefront, I wonder how come in not-so-long-run, almost everyone of them turn out to be corrupt, evil, liar in innocent public's opinion. And the trend continues for decades. These people get re-elected by the same people who accused & punched them. Makes me question if there are no sane, acceptable alternatives or all this talk is only good over a evening tea!
IA is expected to be a clean organisation.

How is it that we have scoundrel like Deepak Kapoor and his ilk?

Society and it permissive ways is lax and where corruption and thieving has become a badge of honour!

That is why Anna was gagged and his team was gone after and defamed so that these politician skunks can have some breathing space having discredited them with minor offences compared to the politicians broad daylight dacoity.

No Indian, or should I say most Indians, or any citizen of the world, is 100% pure! Laws do not encourage people to be clean!

And so it is easy to shut them up and bigger thieving done with impunity!

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Scoundrels are everywhere.

Sir,
A friend of mine is a supplier to army for its daily needs of spares and other things. The amount of commission he pays is amazing

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Ask yourself would people bribe if they get their legitimate due in a rightful normal course of getting things done?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Scoundrels are everywhere.

Sir,
A friend of mine is a supplier to army for its daily needs of spares and other things. The amount of commission he pays is amazing
I am not surprised.

Your friend is a thief and quite disgraceful and he is encouraging thieves!

If he was honest, he would have reported it.

But then he would have to forget about his business or keeping the fires burning in his home!

The rot is in the system.

The Moguls coined the euphemism - nazrana!

Your friend is giving his nazrana!

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
It can sir, honestly it can....there are honest ways and means of earning that kind of money.
Lemon,

I will give you a Power of Attorney to run my house the way I am used to; and you, after say 5 years, give me adequate funds to buy a Mercedes Benz SUV and roam India!

I don't work since I will be a misfit in civil way of functioning.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I am not surprised.

Your friend is a thief and quite disgraceful and he is encouraging thieves!

If he was honest, he would have reported it.

But then he would have to forget about his business or keeping the fires burning in his home!

The rot is in the system.

The Moguls coined the euphemism - nazrana!

Your friend is giving his nazrana!
It is exactly that. If he doesn't, 100 people are queuing up outside to fill in.

Reactions: nrj

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
It is exactly that. If he doesn't, 100 people are queuing up outside to fill in.
So, let us not have big talk about nationalism and being Indians.

It boils down to - survival of the fittest!

The Ministers are hand in glove.

If they weren't, then why can't they stop it?

Dirty little scoundrels who have witnessed their parents wedding!

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
So, let us not have big talk about nationalism and being Indians.

It boils down to - survival of the fittest!

The Ministers are hand in glove.

If they weren't, then why can't they stop it?

Dirty little scoundrels who have witnessed their parents wedding!
It's the system. To change everything including the mindset and culture will take eons.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Ask yourself would people bribe if they get their legitimate due in a rightful normal course of getting things done?
Even today laws are there to nab those who demand bribe. But people do not prefer to take that route of calling anti-corruption squad as they want fast output.

And I must tell that the level of bureaucratic mess in public & private sector is so big that even the most organized person will miss some required document needed to get the thing done. And if he has all, Saheb sitting on the other side of the table is experienced enough to dig the department manual & demand more documentation which will leave the mango-man helpless. So he has choice to (1) Knock anti-corruption authorities (2) Waste weeks in meeting the eligibility by producing documents etc or (3) Pay 500-1000 bucks + 1 full DSP chai and get back to the actual work from the very next day.

People are at fault, if at all their vigorous aspiration to remain competent is a fault.

Changes with respect to transparency & accountability will happen but its not going to be a one 1 bloody night and tomorrow we wake up in a whole new different world. Population of over a billion acts slowly but doesn't even mean that it will take forever. Political parties & their individuals must find alternate revenue streams to manage their expenditure. And I am sure they are learning.

Politicians & leaders are nothing but the reflection of society. We are one people and yes as everybody call it, we are corrupt!

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Great!

So we should sit and be moribund!
No, there is a lot of "activism" all round. Things will be better sooner or later. Well that's the hope

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Even today laws are there to nab those who demand bribe. But people do not prefer to take that route of calling anti-corruption squad as they want fast output.

And I must tell that the level of bureaucratic mess in public & private sector is so big that even a most organized person will miss some required document needed to get the thing done. And if he has all, Saheb sitting on the other side of the table is experienced enough to dig the department manual & demand more documentation which will leave the mango-man helpless. So he has choice to (1) Knock anti-corruption authorities (2) Waste weeks in meeting the eligibility by producing documents etc or (3) Pay 500-1000 bucks + 1 full DSP chai and get back to the actual work from the very next day.

People are at fault, if at all their vigorous aspiration to remain competent is a fault.

Changes with respect to transparency & accountability will happen but its not going to be a one 1 bloody night and tomorrow we wake up in a whole new different world. Population of over a billion acts slowly but doesn't even mean that it will take forever. Political parties & their individuals must find alternate revenue streams to manage their expenditure. And I am sure they are learning.

Politicians & leaders are nothing but the reflection of society. We are one people and yes as everybody call it, we are corrupt!
Let us face the reality.

Indians are lazy, greedy baseborn. They want an easy way to fortunes!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
No, there is a lot of "activism" all round. Things will be better sooner or later. Well that's the hope
Please give us a break.

You, yourself, was anti Anna.

Now Anna himself has been driven into hibernation!

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Please give us a break.

You, yourself, was anti Anna.

Now Anna himself has been driven into hibernation!
I was anti Anna not because I promoted corruption but because I was against his methods.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Ok let me tell you about the "corruotion" that is there at industrial supplies level that I am aware of.

Now the bosses, purchase guys everyone one knows what's the cost of A product. Say it's 100. He knows the supplier will buy it at 100. For his own expenses and supply cost plus profit the supplier will charge say 110. But then another guy comes in who also says his price is 110. The purchase officer says we are not interested. So this new guy tells tr purchase guy I will give you 1 rupee in return. Purchase guy makes the order for 110 to the guy and makes a buck out of it. The company did not incur a loss from its stated cost ad someone else became the supplier by sharing part of his profit with the purchase guy.

Now you'd say, the guy could have reduced the price and still got the order, but then the purchase fellow would lot have been "bought" to secure all future order. Now that the purchase guy is assured of 1/- per buy, he has the incentive of placing order on who is offering and at the same time he is at no risk of losing his job by disadvantaging his company.

lemontree

Professional
...If he was honest, he would have reported it.

Sir, but who would he report it to?...the officer who is taking the money also has no option. If he does not accept the money and reports the vendor, he will get posted out to some high-alti location or to RR.

This happens with the approval of the formation commanders.
During our time the market rate for 1 kg of mutton was Rs.40....and the approved rate for the suppliers was Rs.13 per kg. You can imagine the corruption that takes place, the supplies were sub-standard...but money was being made by the supplier to the approver.

I will give you a Power of Attorney to run my house the way I am used to; and you, after say 5 years, give me adequate funds to buy a Mercedes Benz SUV and roam India!

I don't work since I will be a misfit in civil way of functioning
Haha...sir. not from the pension.
Dont work sir...do what you enjoy. You are an excellent teacher and have tons of knowledge.

lemontree

Professional
Great!

So we should sit and be moribund!
Sir,

It took me 3 years to adjust to civilian life and another 3 years to realise that I am not here to change the world. The moment I realised that my blood pressure dropped :D

But I never paid a bribe for anything. The only exception was when I went bought a flat, there the brokers manage the payments at the collectors office.
As individuals we can only do as much as we can. We cannot take a gun and clean the mess, though that what I would like to do.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Sir,

It took me 3 years to adjust to civilian life and another 3 years to realise that I am not here to change the world. The moment I realised that my blood pressure dropped :D

But I never paid a bribe for anything. The only exception was when I went bought a flat, there the brokers manage the payments at the collectors office.
As individuals we can only do as much as we can. We cannot take a gun and clean the mess, though that what I would like to do.
I want to clean up the mess too. I want some comrades in arm. Anyone ready?:D

Global Defence

New threads

Articles