Islamophobia in Brazil: Muslim are battered with stones and spat

Discussion in 'Religion & Culture' started by Latika_singer, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Latika_singer

Latika_singer A simple user of DFI

Attacks by extremist groups around the world arouse anti-Islam wave in the streets of the country; read the stories of the victims

The recent massacre at the headquarters of the newspaper Charlie Hebdo in Paris, turned to worse, the life of Muslim Brazilian. Religious of São Paulo, Minas Gerais and Mato Grosso suffered violence at different levels - were stoned, spat, ignored in public transport and targets of malicious jokes on the streets - in the days following the attack in a wave of Islamophobia that opposes the image Brazilian multi-religious and peaceful country.

One day after the invasion of Paris newspaper, attacks gained strength similar to thousands of shares 'Je suis Charlie' in social networks. The Mosque Brazil, the largest temple of religion in the country, the sun rose tarred in São Paulo. Hours later, in Minas Gerais, APB, 27, was tossed by a person while playing with his son six years at the club of his city. 'Murder! Nobody wants you here, 'shouted the aggressor. As in other daily attacks, A. lowered his head and heard the silent curses.

[​IMG]

Reproduction/Facebook

Sarah released its report on Facebook to 'take care of the way' other sisters. 'We help'

Halimah Farah, 26, joined to Islam a year ago, but has collected religious intolerance of experience in Cuiabá, Mato Grosso. Stoned in April last year, at the time of the kidnapping of 276 students in Nigeria, carried out by the extremist group Boko Haram, the seller went on alert after the massacre in Paris. An ordinary trip to the school to check the eldest son became a nightmare. Halimah and small Marcelo and Gabriel, then 8 and 6, became targets of ignorance. 'Just lowered my head, protected my children and ran. This time were stones, tomorrow can be shot or run over, 'she said, noting that Marcelo came to be hit in the waist. The episode marked the family to the point of giving up selling to walk 400 meters with her son to school again. The solution was to hire the van service to avoid 'all trial and provocation' on the streets.

[​IMG]

Personal Archive

Dirty looks, jokes and 'Namastê'A., And Sarah Hamilah have different addresses, but in common carry the belief in Prophet Muhammad (Muhammad) and attract the attention on the streets by hijabs and abayas robes, veils and robes that cover the body which is always kept to their husbands, as Allah [God in Arabic] guided the holy Quran book. 'The beauty of Muslim women is their faith, not the external characteristics', ponders Halimah. Walk the streets and deal with dirty looks already part of Muslim everyday, and often is no longer perceived. They only bother when they come accompanied by noises and cries Insha'Allah (Allah willing), made famous in the novel 'The Clone', produced by TV Globo in 2001.Desafio iG: the cartoonists 'Charlie Hebdo' abused freedom expression? The trio believes that the heavy criticism of Islam are reflections of misinformation of the population. 'Many do not know that Brazilians can adhere to Islam. Many think that only Arabs are Muslims, 'said A., converted ten years ago and is still studying religion to become a better disseminator of Islam. She reported that he was mistaken many times as foreign by wearing the veil. 'I always get Namaste [greeting used by Buddhist] or am met with an extremely slow Portuguese. Notice that I am Brazilian and are shocked. Has even

Sarah said that curiosity in the street does not bother and even like it when strangers politely ask about his clothes. After all, according to all respondents, the question may be an opening for the true Islam teaching. 'Islam is a monotheistic religion. We love Jesus Christ and look forward to your return. Mary, the mother of Jesus, is one of the five most important women in paradise. Who says that Islam is terrorism should live with us, 'suggested Sarah, revealing that basics of Christianity are respected by followers of Mohammed. According to her, giving acting classes at a school for young garden Ibirapuera, São Paulo periphery, if your religion just preach terrorism, the world would be taken by chaos and war. 'We are 1 billion worldwide. Islam is peace, tranquility and happiness, 'he said with cheerful tone in his voice. The teacher also criticized the radicalism in the Middle East because it blurs the community. He added: 'What they do is forbidden and becomes a haraam [sin].' Prejudice in and out of casaEscolher Islam as new religion was an affront to the three Catholic families. Both Halimah as A. knew the teachings of the prophet still very young, with 12 and 17 respectively by school friends. Sarah already left school to become a nun for four years for not having answers about the Qur'an of leadership in the church. The three met strong resistance and prejudice indoors. A., for example, began to wear the veil and was almost banned by the mother to provide the second stage of entrance exams. The timing was not appropriate, she acknowledged. The September 11 attack had just completed a year. 'It was the most difficult time to be a Muslim.' Gradually, the three won the respect of the relatives and cut the relationship with others that still discriminate. 'The Sheikh taught me to deal with rejection from my family. When she complained about the veil or the prayers, I hugged her. Never countered. Allah does not love aggressors. I showed my family as Islam really is. The nearest learned today and respect, 'celebrated A. When The submitted and hugs do not dismiss the criticism, the solution is to move away. 'I even laughed at first when they said I was crazy and had turned terrorist. But I got tired of hearing it. The Muslim faces the worst in and out of home ', vented Halimah.

SANITY, sorcerer and Sameet Pattnaik like this.
  3. Sameet Pattnaik

Sameet Pattnaik Regular Member

dont need to whine! lets face the consequences of your identity misdeed !

Latika_singer likes this.
  4. sorcerer

sorcerer Senior Member Senior Member

You reap what you sow
    The problem is why do they have to follow their dress code and custom in foreign land so religiously. If they want to be happy with their customs why cant the go back to Saudi Arabia or the land of the pure Idiots Pakistan?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  5. DingDong

DingDong Senior Member Senior Member

[​IMG]

Is this an Alien? NO
    Is this a Dragon? Definitely Not.

Of this is a Muslim woman trying to tell us how much she is misunderstood.

But just after looking at the pic, I developed extremely negative vibes. Why so?

These are the people who try so hard to look different and love to start end every sentence with Inshaallah, as if we human beings have relinquished our "free will" to an "imaginary" entity, which is so attention seeking and jealous of rivals that it burns non-believers in hellfire. If everything happens according to god's will then Muslims must accept the degrading treatment gracefully because it is the "will of their god".

6. Redhawk

Redhawk Regular Member

The English translation is bad. It needs a better translation.

7. SANITY

SANITY Regular Member

I don't think if someone criticizes any faith, he has phobia. The problem with this faith is it can be interpreted in any way and it's good or bad reputation is mainly based circumstances in muslim nation and treatment of other faiths and free thinkers which is not so great. There must be good muslims everywhere who treat all people equally with respect but if they can't say it in their own land without being rejected as infidels and complain of discrimination and phobia in other states, their voices won't make it's way.

8. rock127

rock127 Maulana Rockullah Senior Member

Islam even in South America? :wtfcat: :dude:

9. rock127

rock127 Maulana Rockullah Senior Member

:truestory:

[​IMG]

Kshatriya87 and TheLord like this.
  10. Latika_singer

:sad:
    yes,even in south america!

11. Latika_singer

is VERY text to i translate
    i used google translate

:laugh:

12. Latika_singer

i agree with you
    :sad:

13. Latika_singer

i agree with you

14. Redhawk

Redhawk Regular Member

Of course you did.

15. Latika_singer

OK...Relax my friend

:cool2:

16. Redhawk

Redhawk Regular Member

I am relaxed. I was joking.

17. Kshatriya87

Kshatriya87 Senior Member Senior Member

You hate other religions and their people. You get the same in return. Why so surprised !!

archie likes this.