Islamic university on temple land in Tirupati

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by sasi, Oct 23, 2013.

1. sasi

sasi Senior Member Senior Member

October 21, 2013
    A proposed Islamic University is threatening to disturb the peace and tranquility in the temple town of Tirupati in Andhra Pradesh, says Vicky Nanjappa
    History shows that the land on which the proposed university is coming originally was part of a temple pond. It belonged to the Venkateshwara temple which was built in 1542. This temple which housed the Lord Venkateshwara statue was destroyed by Hyder Ali in 1782.
    While this has been part of the history books for several generations, it is ironic to note that the same land was handed over to a university which the authorities today claim has no permission to function. No official is able to state with confidence or give correct details about how the temple land was handed over to this university which is under construction.
    The protests against the setting up of this mystery university are gaining momentum, and interestingly, even the Muslims in the temple town too have come out openly against the setting up of this university.
    The local authorities have made it clear that no permission has been granted for this institution. An official said that what he hears is that the university aims at propagating Islamic culture, but also adds that it cannot function as there is no permission.
    The university in question is the Heera International Islamic College, founded by a woman known only as Nowhera Shaikh.
    The website of this university gives no concrete information about the institution. Most of the webpages have garbled messages on them. With regards to the founder, all the information the website has is that she is the chancellor of the university.
    Shaikh is from a family which dealt in wholesale business of vegetables, fruits and textile products. She claims to have started an Islamic School for girls at Tirupati in the name of ‘Madrasa Niswan’ in 1998, (under a society registered with the Registration of Societies Act, AP, India, No: 386), with around 150 students, who she claims she provided with free education and lodging facilities.
    She also claims that she has been nominated for the Indira Gandhi Priyadarshini Award in December 2012.
    Several organisations are doing everything that they can to stop the university from coming up. Although the construction is on in full flow, there is no explanation about when the college would commence its activities.
    Several Hindu organisations have taken up the issue and are protesting the setting up of this university. Interestingly, they have been receiving a lot of support from the local Muslims who say that this university is bad news. The Muslims who pray at the Tirupati temple feel that the town was peaceful and now with this university there is a good chance of peace being disrupted.
    They feel that this is the doing of the 'West' who are trying to 'worsen relationships between Hindus and Muslims'. Shaikh who had met with a couple of Muslims before the project commenced, and had claimed to be a resident of Tirupati, but no one remembers seeing her before.
    Although Shaikh, during a recent press conference, claimed that she had the permission to run a college, there was nothing concrete shown to this effect. She had taken part in the press conference with around 300 burqa-clad women and had claimed that those would be the students in the university.
    Several Muslim organisations in Tirupati have decided to fight against the university now. They say that they want no trouble whatsoever and are happy that at least 400 Muslims worship at Lord Balaji’s shrine everyday.
    http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.rediff.com/news/report/alarm-over-islamic-university-on-temple-land-in-tirupati/20131021.htm&sa=U&ei=i8NnUq_TLYiPrQekt4GYCQ&ved=0CBgQFjAA&sig2=oWBJoixH-sJEBx3EXr-EiA&usg=AFQjCNHiQ16rEp2vojLS6SFgrdSvhsLI1g

3. sasi

sasi Senior Member Senior Member

Congra$$ gift to Andhra people!

Haris Taufeeque Khan likes this.
  4. I-G

I-G Tihar Jail Banned

If its temple property then its completely wrong to set up any university .. be it Islamic or non Islamic without the approval of the TTD .

Haris Taufeeque Khan likes this.
  5. Defenceindia2010

Defenceindia2010 Regular Member

Seeds of communialism will grow to become the tree of conflict this project must be opposed on every level and this action condemned. :dharma:

6. Free Karma

Free Karma Senior Member Senior Member

Yeah I remember reading about this before, I thought it would never take off, and it really seems like it was being built just to provoke violence.

There are so many outside factors at work in our country.
    During the Kudankulam protests there were huge question marks about the funding the main guy had recieved, plus there was some foreigner there who was played a huge part in creating chaos amongst the people, and then suddenly he was nowhere to be found when the police wanted to question him,later they said he had fled the country!

Strange...

7. I-G

I-G Tihar Jail Banned

Is this university is being established in main city of Tirupathi or on the outskirts ?

8. Decklander

Decklander New Member

Another babri like situation in the making.

TrueSpirit and A chauhan like this.
  9. drkrn

drkrn Senior Member Senior Member

now its the time for muslims to show concrete determination against such religious a**ho**s.

destruction of that construction along with muslims should be done to set an example.if its not done tirupathi will become another place for hindu-muslim riots

TrueSpirit likes this.
  10. I-G

I-G Tihar Jail Banned

There is a system in India for setting up any college or university , some one has to look into this case and get to know who gave the permission from the state government for the construction of this college.

So you are suggesting to kill fellow Indians just because of their religion ? Dont you think its the state Government responsible for giving permit for this college ?

First how the land was acquired and who sold that land ? and how that college got permit for construction ? Why the registration center haven't objected when the land was sold or that land is donated by the State government ? First some one has to look into all the issues and over all why the TTD committee hasn't raise the issue when the construction was started ?

It seems a political mess .

A chauhan likes this.
  11. drkrn

the article clearly says that govt officers denying any kind of permission for that "university"

yes.stich in time saves 9.
    if they wont act against it,hindu's will eventually turn against muslims there.

12. sob

sob Moderator Moderator

What is the malafide intention in this case.

I would say that Daal Main Kuch Kaala Hain.

13. A chauhan

A chauhan "अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l" Senior Member

This area is considered very sacred Hindu place, it wouldn't be more than a religious penetration into a Hindu stronghold area with anticipated "political" outcomes.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  14. I-G

I-G Tihar Jail Banned

So without permit how can any college or university start to work ?

Hindus and Muslims live peacefully in Tirupathi and the most interesting thing is this that one of the temple is of Bibi Nanchari and she was said to be a Muslim by faith .

15. drkrn

using political support.

hindu and muslims in past have strained relations(few hundred years back).now its considerably peaceful

16. I-G

I-G Tihar Jail Banned

Yes .. Tirupathi is very sacred place for South Indian Hindus ..but this college issue seems to be a political mess , might be even linked to the division of Andhra Pradesh .

17. I-G

I-G Tihar Jail Banned

its a case of State Government policy .

Ordinary Hindus and Muslims doesn't have problem with each other .