Islamic cleric okays rape of non sunni women by Syrian rebels

ashdoc

Country flag
I can't see that in middle east section , where is it posted ?? I don't think it's posted there.

My sole purpose of going there is to GHAR ME GHUS KE MARO.By the way if PDF was helping in funding ISI then GOI would have banned that site in India.
its posted there by ID raptor22

as far as PDF being funded by ISI , thats what the admins of this forum have been publicizing . in fact i stopped posting on PDF due to that .

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Do people still support these filthy rebels?

Anyone with any integrity would support Bashar al-Assad.

drkrn

That's Gross Generalization.

Which Religious head?

Be specific.
the islamic cleric who made the statement.i made a comment specifically directed to him.

don't get confused

afako

Hindufying India
Country flag
Going by the report

I could understand that its against a faction of society.
My statement was simple.It is using a rule which is made for everyone in that belief system as a tool against a faction.
Is that not wrong?
I could only say this:

Islamically it is right.

Non-Islamically it is wrong.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Background Information on Sexual Violence used as a Tool of War - Outreach Programme on the Rwanda Genocide and the United Nations

"Sexual violence in conflict needs to be treated as the war crime that it is; it can no longer be treated as an unfortunate collateral damage of war."

— UN Special Representative on Sexual Violence in Conflict, Ms. Zainab Hawa Bangura

The victims of modern armed conflict are far more likely to be civilians than soldiers. According to UN Action Against Sexual Violence in Conflict, the vast majority of casualties in today's wars are among civilians, mostly women and children. Women in particular can face devastating forms of sexual violence, which are sometimes deployed systematically to achieve military or political objectives.

Rape committed during war is often intended to terrorize the population, break up families, destroy communities, and, in some instances, change the ethnic make-up of the next generation. Sometimes it is also used to deliberately infect women with HIV or render women from the targeted community incapable of bearing children.

In Rwanda, between 100,000 and 250,000 women were raped during the three months of genocide in 1994.

UN agencies estimate that more than 60,000 women were raped during the civil war in Sierra Leone (1991-2002), more than 40,000 in Liberia (1989-2003), up to 60,000 in the former Yugoslavia (1992-1995), and at least 200,000 in the Democratic Republic of the Congo since 1998.

Even after conflict has ended, the impacts of sexual violence persist, including unwanted pregnancies, sexually transmitted infections and stigmatization. Widespread sexual violence itself may continue or even increase in the aftermath of conflict, as a consequence of insecurity and impunity. And meeting the needs of survivors — including medical care, HIV treatment, psychological support, economic assistance and legal redress — requires resources that most postconflict countries do not have.
Recognizing sexual violence as an international crime

For centuries, sexual violence in conflict was tacitly accepted as unavoidable. A 1998 UN report on sexual violence and armed conflict notes that historically, armies considered rape one of the legitimate spoils of war. During World War II, all sides of the conflict were accused of mass rapes, yet neither of the two courts set up by the victorious allied countries to prosecute suspected war crimes — in Tokyo and Nuremberg — recognized the crime of sexual violence.

It was not until 1992, in the face of widespread rapes of women in the former Yugoslavia, that the issue came to the attention of the UN Security Council. On 18 December 1992, the Council declared the "massive, organized and systematic detention and rape of women, in particular Muslim women, in Bosnia and Herzegovina" an international crime that must be addressed.

Subsequently, the Statute of the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY, 1993) included rape as a crime against humanity, alongside other crimes such as torture and extermination, when committed in armed conflict and directed against a civilian population. In 2001, the ICTY became the first international court to find an accused person guilty of rape as a crime against humanity. Furthermore, the Court expanded the definition of slavery as a crime against humanity to include sexual slavery. Previously, forced labor was the only type of slavery to be viewed as a crime against humanity.

The International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda (ICTR, 1994) also declared rape to be a war crime and a crime against humanity. In 1998, the ICTR became the first international court to find an accused person guilty of rape as a crime of genocide (used to perpetrate genocide). The judgment against a former mayor, Jean-Paul Akayesu, held that rape and sexual assault constituted acts of genocide insofar as they were committed with the intent to destroy, in whole or in part, the Tutsi ethnic group.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
@Singh This is exactly what I foresee as the future of Shariah courts in India.
Shariat Courts can only hear matters if both muslim parties are interested in having that matter heard in the Shariat Court, and if that matter only concerns marriage, divorce and/or inheritance.

If you foresee that happening, then I would question your foresight.

However, one doesn't need a Shariat Court to make Fatwahs, Fatwah can be given by any qualified mullah. In fact, if you goto Deoband website there are list of many bizarre fatwas.

Last edited by a moderator:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
But if such readings are given then only an idot wont follow
Won't follow or would follow ?

Anyone who has achieved a certain minimum qualification can issue Fatwas. It is, however, not binding on the Ummah.

It is this individuals interpretation. If somebody wishes to follow this then can't help it. Maybe a more popular, or respected Maulvi can issue a fatwa negating this fatwa, but then again it is also non-binding.

anoop_mig25

Country flag
Won't follow or would follow ?

Anyone who has achieved a certain minimum qualification can issue Fatwas. It is, however, not binding on the Ummah.

It is this individuals interpretation. If somebody wishes to follow this then can't help it. Maybe a more popular, or respected Maulvi can issue a fatwa negating this fatwa, but then again it is also non-binding.
Do u think jihadi`s who are bent on de-throwing a regime whom considered illiegimate(religiously) and also suppoerters of such regimes as illegimate would pardon by them .that women would spared not raped after reading such ruilings.

In old days what use to happen soliders of Invading army broke into city riots,chaos,loots and yes rapes.And why they use to do it because they were told this is their way booty , they can do anything they want it.

Yes above fatwa can be negated by another fatwa but then there must be same mind who stand and negate it .I donot see any standing and negatating such fatwa in near future

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Do u think jihadi`s who are bent on de-throwing a regime whom considered illiegimate(religiously) and also suppoerters of such regimes as illegimate would pardon by them .that women would spared not raped after reading such ruilings.

In old days what use to happen soliders of Invading army broke into city riots,chaos,loots and yes rapes.And why they use to do it because they were told this is their way booty , they can do anything they want it.

Yes above fatwa can be negated by another fatwa but then there must be same mind who stand and negate it .I donot see any standing and negatating such fatwa in near future
1. Your opinion is that Jihadis use fatwas which suits their aim. That is understood, and in evidence
2. How do you know there is no fatwa negating this fatwa already issued historically ?

MAYURA

Tihar Jail
Banned
There is nothing wrong he has stated here.

He has not issued any Fatwa.

Fatwa is a Religious Opinion given by the Mullah.

Here, he is just reading the Quran.
he is reading both quran and hadith.

BTW, He commited a mistake as he did not tell that the number 72 shall be deducted with by the number of women enjoyed by the rebel fighter.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
A clear case of mass abetment, doesn't matter if a valid fatwa or not. This mal-practice of abetment can specifically be seen in Islam.

afako

Hindufying India
Country flag
he is reading both quran and hadith.

BTW, He commited a mistake as he did not tell that the number 72 shall be deducted with by the number of women enjoyed by the rebel fighter.
He is reading Holy books of Islam!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
An Islamic cleric has cleared the path for rebels in Syria, who are trying to oust President Bashar Assad, to rape women, so long as they're non-Sunni.

Salafi Sheikh Yasir al-Ajlawni, who hails from Jordan but who lived in Damascus for 17 years, sent a message via YouTube: It's a "legitimate fatwa" for Muslims waging war against Mr. Assad and trying to put in place a Sharia government to "capture and have sex with" Alawites and other non-Sunni, non-Muslim women, Human Events reports. Mr. Assad is part of the Alawites sect.

In the video, the cleric called non-Muslim women by their Arabic term, "melk al-yamin," Human Events reports. The term is from the Koran and refers to non-Muslim sex slaves, Human Events says.

This isn't the first time Islamists have called for the raping of women.

A preacher in Saudi Arabi, Muhammad al-Arifi, sent forth a fatwa a few months ago giving jihadi fighters the right to have "intercourse marriage" with Syrian women they caught, and for that act to take enough time "to give each fighter a turn," Human Events reports.

Read more: Islamic cleric decrees it OK for Syrian rebels to rape women - Washington Times
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
This cleric is an IDIOT!

MAYURA

Tihar Jail
Banned
Islam is a Desert Ideological Cult.
That is why my online gurus advised me to call islam by a sanskrit or hindi name that is marusthalapreta sampradaya.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles