Islamabad is a planned capital city...why is it so close to India?

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
I have been keeping an eye on Baki internal politics since the past six months, initially to form a opinion for myself on whether india-pak issue will ever get resolved.
You should write an article condensing your analysis of it and send it to the Admins here. It will be a valuable insight that way.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
I fact they missed the chance recently to do what you state, they are moving their China-pak silk route from their west (passing thru KP, Balochistan) to the east passing by Punjab and Sindh.
With this change I don't think their west will ever develop as much as their east.
It might help them keep off the unstable/autonomous areas. But doesn't that bring the route closer to Indian borders?
How is that going to help in the long run.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
It might help them keep off the unstable/autonomous areas. But doesn't that bring the route closer to Indian borders?
How is that going to help in the long run.
Even chinese did not like this plan till recently, because it adds 300 km extra travelling distance. But as of now Nawaz sharif's justification is that infrastructure is already available on the eastern side and till the time infra on western part is developed Chinese can use the east. Bakis know that eastern route operations will take atleast five years to commence.

Advantages for india:

If at all this gets operational even in five years time, because of the revenues this route will generate for them baki army will be less inclined to open a warfront on eastern side. Given that their economy is having a downward trend, Baki civilian govt wants to open up as many avenues of income as possible.

Disadvantages for india:

It will give China a straight access to our western border. Even though it is a far fetched idea but possibility exists.

monrand

I wonder what actual influence has China on Indian polytics and economic.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles