ISIS killed 39 Indian hostages, Iraq survivor says

Rashna

Country flag
ISIS killed 39 Indian hostages, Iraq survivor says

CHANDIGARH: A man from Punjab who escaped from the clutches of the ISIS in June 2014 claimed on Thursday that 39 Indians taken hostage have been killed.

External affairs minister Sushma Swaraj said in New Delhi that she did not believe the claims and her own sources felt the Indian nationals were still alive.

Harjit Masih, 25, told the media in Mohali town adjoining Chandigarh and claimed that the 39 Indians, mostly from Punjab, were attacked by the Islamic State (ISIS) jihadists and killed.

"The ISIS came and kidnapped us and took us to another place. We were 40 Indians and about 50 Bangladeshis. They assured us that our passports would come and we will be allowed to leave for India," Masih said.

"They (ISIS) handed us over to another group (of terrorists) who took us to another place. Later, they put us in a room and started firing. Everyone around me fell. I kept lying there and later escaped," he said.

In New Delhi, Sushma Swaraj disputed Masih's claims and said her sources had not indicated that the Indian nationals were dead.

"We are not sparing any efforts to find them. We are hopeful that we will be able to find them and bring them back home. I have eight different sources who are saying they are alive," Sushma Swaraj told the media after families of the hostages met her in New Delhi on Thursday.

"Harjit Masih left our protection on his own. He was not under detection," Sushma Swaraj said.

The family of Masih had earlier claimed that he was kept under detention after his escape and return from Iraq.

"There is no reason to believe him. If we believe him, it will mean that we end our search. I don't want to give up hope on this and we are looking for proof," Sushma Swaraj said.

The Indian nationals were taken hostage by the ISIS on June 11 last year in northern Iraq's Mosul town.

Their families have met Sushma Swaraj and other leaders in New Delhi and Chandigarh to know the whereabouts of their kin stuck in Iraq.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...s-Iraq-survivor-says/articleshow/47285947.cms

Rashna

Country flag
Why would he tell lies about something so tragic? Indian govt. could only secure the release of nurses but failed to get these men out.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Why would he tell lies about something so tragic? Indian govt. could only secure the release of nurses but failed to get these men out.
Because believing him would technically be heresay. We should wait for proof.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
How were they getting information earlier?
Embassies usually rely on trusted sources for information. Before ISIS took over india had good relationships with saddam's Ba'ath party in Iraq. There were reports that this good relationship helped in getting the nurses released last time.

I do not have current info on relationship with Ba'ath party.

Chimpoo

Country flag

Rahul Singh

Country flag
"They (ISIS) handed us over to another group (of terrorists) who took us to another place. Later, they put us in a room and started firing. Everyone around me fell. I kept lying there and later escaped," he said.
He not only faked death in a room against ISIS gunmen but also escaped!

Don't cold-blooded murderers check their targets with an extra bullet to head or heart or both before they throw their dead prey for good?

Sounds too dramatic to believe.

jat

Govt, modi hid the truth. now we know 39 indians were slaughtered like livestock while the bangladeshi muslims were spared. It is time for someone in a position of power to slaughter ISIS in India and abroad. Kill them and feed their dead corpses to pigs. Let the world see and most importantly let ISIS know that Indians are above and beyond them!

nimo_cn

Country flag
that is a lot of victims, how did indian government manage to cover that for so long?

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Islam apologist are defending even this act across all media debates

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Why they would hide it, what is the political mileage hiding it. People should stop being ridiculous.
Exactly my point. Why hide it when only thing its disclosure does is making a compelling case for getting head on with Islamic Extremism in Kerela? Something which is in accordance with BJP political agenda?

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Islam apologist are defending even this act across all media debates
Hindus are on receiving end for centuries and the reason is their lack of understanding of this conflict.

You can find many clowns who confuse universal goodness of Love, Compassion, Secularism, and Constitutionalism as remedy to equality and peace as deterrence, defence and retribution plays no role but can make hindus 'Chaddi, Sanghi, Fanatics.

Now a days they are even excluding us or ready to except the so called Idea of India sans Hindus who have defended these lands and upheld our values and culture since time immemorial.

Their fallacious analogies where they claim high moral grounds carrying these values against those who have understood this civilization conflicts is rather encouraging these Jihadis to inflict hindus more.

The cowardice of these so called Hindus to attack the defender originates from the inherited slavery and captive mind.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles