ISIS Hostage Situation in Sydney Cafe

Redhawk

I'll bet my ass, the "bombs planted around the city" bit is complete hogwash. There are no bombs anywhere.
Probably. I think the whole thing is an exercise in attention-seeking by a local lout out to make a name for himself after watching too many jihadi videos online. But as I've said, naturally the authorities can't take chances.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Clever location. Negotiators can't use the "food and water" trick. Hungry? Eat that $1000 deluxe chocolate cake.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
2 hostages dead & 3 injured when police barged into the Cafe.

nrupatunga

The hostage taker killed or not?
Yes, what happened to him??

Also whats puzzling me is, if this guy is iranian, then he would be shia muslim(?). So if he's a shia muslim, then why the heck is he wanting to hoist isis flag?? :confused::confused: :noidea: :noidea:

Neil

Country flag

Also whats puzzling me is, if this guy is iranian, then he would be shia muslim(?). So if he's a shia muslim, then why the heck is he wanting to hoist isis flag?? :confused::confused: :noidea: :noidea:
some reports suggest he was a convert to sunni wahabi

ladder

Country flag

Times Now reporting quoting Aus. reports that he has been killed.

sydsnyper

Country flag
He converted to being a sunni, that changed his behavioral, mental and genetic make up and suddenly started finding love and obedience to isis...

Suspected gunman Man Haron Monis received political asylum in Australia in 1996 and was on bail facing a number of charges.

On a website, now suspended, he describes himself as a Shia Muslim who converted to Sunni Islam.
BBC News - Australia commandos end Sydney cafe siege

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Now War on Terror has to be fought with lone rangers too !

sydsnyper

Country flag
....rather with a whole ideology that is spreading faster than bubonic plague. Killing the symptoms will never stop the problem, rid the world of the ideology.

Now War on Terror has to be fought with lone rangers too !

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
....rather with a whole ideology that is spreading faster than bubonic plague. Killing the symptoms will never stop the problem, rid the world of the ideology.
You fight ideologies with ideologies. You fight gunmen with well guns.

sydsnyper

Country flag
But when you speak of war on terror, it needs to fought on both fronts... more so the ideological front.

You fight ideologies with ideologies. You fight gunmen with well guns.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Some info about alleged suspect.

Name: Man Haron Monis (born Manteghi Boroujerdi)

This guy has been in police radar for a while for sending "hate letters" to families of dead aussie soldiers. And he even did community service as part of court sentence.
Also he was an alleged accessory to the murder of his ex-wife.

Surprisingly this guy held liberal views of Islam and therefore had to "flee" Iran. And was even interviewed with regards to his views on Iran, as part of Western media agenda of discrediting of Iran. It is probable that he received support/funding from Australian government or other Western governments, considering their virulent anti-Iran propaganda.

This man has made several appearances in courts and also in Australian media which calls him "Ayatollah."

A Shia cleric had even asked Federal Agents to investigate the suspect (Manteghi Boroujerdi) in 2008. I doubt it was heeded.

Sheik Mousselmani told The Australian yesterday the mystery cleric - who has been identified as Ayatollah Manteghi Boroujerdi on his website after appearing under the name Sheik Haron - was not a genuine Shia spiritual leader.

He said there were no ayatollahs - supreme Shia scholars - in Australia and none of his fellow spiritual leaders knew who Ayatollah Boroujerdi or Sheik Haron was.

"We don't know him and we have got nothing to do with him," Sheik Mousselmani said. "The federal police should investigate who he is. It should be their responsibility."
Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian

Man Haron Monis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:hmm: The cops knew well about this guy and other Muslims also raised an alarm. He has done things that had sparked interest of aussie media. And yet I Wonder why aussie officials didn't take him seriously. Something fishy ?

Redhawk

The cops stormed the cafe. Two hostages and the gunman were killed. Not the best result, but it could have been much worse. And that's the end of it.

Redhawk

I think this is karma for Australia's deplorable treatment of the boat refugees.
Our treatment of illegal immigrants has been more than generous, and hardly deplorable. We have the right to protect our borders.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Our treatment of illegal immigrants has been more than generous, and hardly deplorable. We have the right to protect our borders.
That guy you just quoted is a resident troll.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles