Is this the world's worst zoo?

Blackwater

Is this the world's worst zoo? Visitors' fury after staff in China try to pass off Tibetan mastiff as a lion and a mongrel as a leopard

People's Park in Luohe, Henan province, has apologised and offered refund Chinese media accuse zoo of replacing exotic animals with common species

:lol::lol:

A China zoo has been forced to apologise after it tried to pass off a dog as a lion.
Angry visitors to the People's Park in Luohe, Henan province, complained when the 'African lion' started barking.
Zoo staff said they had pretended the Tibetan mastiff was a lion because they could not afford the real thing, local media reported.

The state-run Beijing Youth Daily claims the zoo commonly replaced exotic animals with common species.
Elsewhere in the zoo, visitors found a mongrel dog in the Timber wolf's cage and another pooch posing as a leopard in the big cat enclosure.

Then in the reptile house, keepers had placed two giant sea cucumbers which they were trying to pass off as snakes.
One customer called Liu said: ''They're cheats. I paid good money to see the lion and all I got to see was a dog.
'The zoo is absolutely cheating us. I took my son there so he could hear the different sounds animals made but when we reached the cage where the African lion was supposed to be, the big animal in there started barking.
'I paid good money for the tickets and I feel defrauded.'

Another mother Liu Wen was also furious.
She said: 'I had my young son with me so I tried to play along and told him it was a special kind of lion.
'But then the dog barked and he knew straight away what it was and that I'd lied to him.
'How can they tell such dreadful tales and expect to get away with it?'
A visitor, who did not want to be named, said: 'I don't know how they've got the nerve to try it. They must think we are all stupid.'#
One user of China's Twitter-like Sina Welbo service commented: 'They should at least use a husky to pretend to be a wolf.'
Mr Liu Suya, chief of the park's animal department, insisted the zoo did have a lion but it had been taken to a breeding facility.
As for the dog that was in its cage, Mr Liu said it belonged to a employee and had been put there 'for safety reasons.'
A spokesman for the zoo said: 'We're doing our best in tough economic times.
'If anyone is unhappy with our displays we will give back their money.'
Share or comment on

Read more: Hairy dog passed off as Lion at China zoo: People's Park staff pretend Tibetan mastiff is an 'African lion' | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

bennedose

As for the dog that was in its cage, Mr Liu said it belonged to a employee and had been put there 'for safety reasons.'
A dog was put in a lion's cage for "safety reasons?"

:shocked:

I told you guys that Pakistan is having an inordinate influence on the Chinese, who used to be a smart nation

Global Defence

New threads

Articles