Is This An Effective Solution to Pervent Public Urinating

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by AVERAGE INDIAN, May 5, 2014.

1. AVERAGE INDIAN

AVERAGE INDIAN EXORCIST Senior Member

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
    hit&run, jackprince and Ray like this.
  3. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Pretty good deterrent.

However, wasting previous water on those who are passing water! ;)

There is a requirement of many public urinal, but since the hygiene there is poor, it stinks to high heavens.

Also, as in Singapore, the roads should have waste disposal bins where people can stub their cigarettes & also throw in waste to include paper bags, used paper cups and so on.

The law should also be strict and people fined on the spot.

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  4. jackprince

jackprince Turning into a frog Senior Member

One of the biggest problem is easy availability of public urinals even in most crowded and busy places. I have not seen a single city which actually offers easy access to the solution when the need is almost overwhelming unless you are really knowledgeable about the area.

Anyway, Sulabh is in deed a great enterprise!

BTW, just a few days ago I encountered a problem in Visakhapatnam Railway station, where the minimum charge for using Urinal is Rs. 5/-!!!! That too in Rail's own waiting room? I don't know whether it is scam or something to filch the hapless travelers, but when I could (I had to) afford to part with the bucks, many would rather prefer to look for a bush or Rail track, for the matter! Rs. 5/- is a huge amount of money just or taking a lick to a great many commuters who are not as solvent as the Visakhapatnam Railway authority seems to have thought up. Particularly, when in Kolkata or Howrah, the facility is available for free!

5. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

I am surprised to learn that in a railway waiting room one has to pay to use the toilet facilities.

One should go and ask the Station Master whether that was so, and if so, ask for the complaint book and lodge a complaint.

Further, a letter to the editor of any important newspaper would have also be appropriate.

6. jackprince

jackprince Turning into a frog Senior Member

Yes sir. I was thinking to do the same at the time. But once I traveled back to home, as usual I forgot all about this and only recalled due to this topic.

7. parijataka

parijataka Senior Member Senior Member

Building more public toilets and increased public awareness would be the right way !

In Delhi driving through Ridge forest along the Ring road, rich guys in safari suits standing and peeing along the road side used to be a common sight. Surely these guys had proper toilets in their homes and offices ! Similar condition in other parts of the country, Dehi not being alone in this.

8. rock127

rock127 Maulana Rockullah Senior Member

It makes sense to blame the "govt" that they don't provide enough Urinals/Toilets etc but that's the part of the problem.

Indian males don't have manners how to behave in public and it's really shameful. Always blaming the govt is of no use if we can't bring change in ourselves :tsk:

Also it seems like men here have very week bladder which can't hold pee for even couple of hours. It's not like you drink water and it flows down like a leaked bucket. :lol:

I have seen even the so called "educated" men here who like open their zippers in public to pee anywhere(walls/tree,roadside etc) even when they know they would reach home soon or if there is a Urinal nearby. They need to be bitchslapped due to their indecent behaviour. :dude:

Last edited: May 7, 2014
  9. rock127

rock127 Maulana Rockullah Senior Member

This has more to do with the bad habits they have learned and so called "education and money" didn't make any change at all.

Rich or Poor all(most I say) Indian males behave in the same way.

10. ladder

ladder Senior Member Senior Member

Where ever railways have outsourced the cleaning and maintenance to outside agencies, there payment is needed. I have come across that in many stations. While some other are free.

But, last time I was in Vskp, I distinctly remember, it required no payment ( my visit was over a year ago) so, might have changed in the meantime.

11. Eesh

Eesh Regular Member

Provide enough number of public, free urinals. Clean ones for ladies and gents.

12. CrYsIs

CrYsIs Regular Member

No not at all.This might look funny but these people are not criminals,They are victims of the governments apathy just like rest of us.Nobody loves to piss in public but there is no option since we don't have public urinals in our cities.

What would you do if you are on the way and you get the pressure ? You would be doing the same as these guys.

What if these people were carrying electronic items like laptops and mobiles ? what if a student was carrying his lecture notes and books ?

What if someone was carrying medicines and materials that could get damaged by coming in contact with water ?

Right intention but wrong way.

13. Eesh

Eesh Regular Member

What if someone is sick or a diabetic, a trouble with one third of Indians? You need to drink and then pee. You go to the posh markets, and there are no urinals in sight.

Come on, what if a woman starts menstruating suddenly, like it happened 2 years ago on a Mumbai local? On station, she had to run from pillar post to avail of a toilet at the station?

Come on, public toilets, clean ones, are govt responsibility. But have seen even a potential site to build new ones? Try, please.