Is there a neo-ltte emerging?

vram

Country flag
HEILTAMIL;702276 the current anger and views reflected here is mainly cos of painting the whole TN as LTTE symapthiers or separatists said:
non-existing dravidstan theory, when the whole of TN raises its voice 3 years after the civil war agitates due to the ongoing genocide which is apolitical and purely humane

acting as a mouthpiece of nationalism has its limits,
HEILTAMIL ...I agree to your points regarding The SriLankan Pm. But lets put things in perspective here...

IF IF by chance MODI becomes the PM of INDIA and some country (hint hint..) agitates saying that he has not been honestly tried for Gujarat 2002 will you as a INDIAN agree to it???
My other grouse is that this whole UN thingy is sponsored by the US....the country that has for its own National security supported some of the most brutal dictators in this world. Pot calling the kettle black???
Also by saying that INDIA is supporting Rajapakse is being blind to many facts... INDIA has consistently voted against Lanka in may resolutions in the UN now. (I am not talking about rumours circulated about back channel meetings but facts on the ground).
2.) India has consistently given aid and money for rebuilding of lives and shelter for civilians caught in this cross fire both in Lanka as well as refugees in INDIA.

Accept it or not INDIA had a lot of clandestine clout in Lanka.Also we can always push them if need be.(remember the dropping of food supplies in Jafna during the 80s). We could so a lot of back door arm bending in-order to ensure that the tamil civilians got atleast a modicure of support from the Lankan government.By this way alteast the refugees where taken care of somewhat and some sort of closure could be brought to the people suffering by returning to thier homeland. But now what do we have on have our hands...
India openly supporting against Lanka ensures...
The Lankans will never listen or respond to our back door channels now.We have literally pushed then into China's lap now. Do you really think by doing this agitation in Tamil Nadu matter even a little bit in the USA or china. For all the song and dance that the US is doing currently once the Chinese through thier wait behind Lanka they WILL back off. After that where will INDIA be??? Also the refugees that we where returning to their homeland with support of the Lankan ministries and do you really thing all this is going to improve their plight?
so what was the end result of all this. Will any country allow thier democratically elected PM to stand trail...are you really that naive?

Also you might not concern yourselves about the rest of INDIA but the lakhs of people who are working in factories, textiles,software parks etc... and providing products and services to the rest of INDIA do care. We are part of the indian union irrevocably whether we like it or not. Tamil Nadu will and has benefited as much by this as the rest of India. Should be careful when throwing around words like seperation etc.. Are we so stupid as to shoot ourselves in the foot and All for what because Prabhakaran's son was killed? Who is going to stand up for the thousands of ordinary tamil civilian who where affected by him...will Prabhakaran family stand trail for his war crimes?
Ultimately this is all revenge politics which will lead to nothing.

HEILTAMIL

@ vram
BJP is non-existant in TN cos of its hindu hooliganism, I hail from a strong tamil-saivite background, and everybody in my community was against babar mosque incident,
i personally even don't like such a personality or a communal party to rule India, but majority rules

i don't know whether you are a tamilian, but a commoner in TN looks,speaks,feels more closer to a SL tamil who are separated by a mere 20 km distance distance filled with sea water, from time immemorial even before the concepts of nations originated,

without the support of India SLA is nothing, US or china has nothing to worry about as they don't have 8 crore indigenous tamil people, neither they are separated just by just 20 kms of sea water,

TN feels more closer to hearts and minds than it to say for instance west or ne or north of India, whether you like it or not,

the main reason why India moves on the other end of the spectrum than that of tamils is cos of its fear of separate Tamil land in south India, when neither that sole idea is an obsolete one which as early in 1962 and that is what pissing TN off and is considered as a betrayal of India to its tamil people

Geo-political Interests refer 1971, whole world was against India except Russia which is due its own cold war interests,
neither china, nor US can setup a military base in SL and India knows it,

more detailed answers has been given by various users regarding this issue in this forum, i have just marked the outlines!!

vram

Country flag
@ vram

i don't know whether you are a tamilian, but a commoner in TN looks,speaks,feels more closer to a SL tamil who are separated by a mere 20 km distance distance filled with sea water, from time immemorial even before the concepts of nations originated,

without the support of India SLA is nothing, US or china has nothing to worry about as they don't have 8 crore indigenous tamil people, neither they are separated just by just 20 kms of sea water,

TN feels more closer to hearts and minds than it to say for instance west or ne or north of India, whether you like it or not,

the main reason why India moves on the other end of the spectrum than that of tamils is cos of its fear of separate Tamil land in south India, when neither that sole idea is an obsolete one which as early in 1962 and that is what pissing TN off and is considered as a betrayal of India to its tamil people

Geo-political Interests refer 1971, whole world was against India except Russia which is due its own cold war interests,
I did not support the communal voilence also obviously such crimes must be punished...my question was will you agree if some foriegner comes to your country and wants to sit as a Judge?? Will you as a citizen accept the violation of your sovriegnity.
Just because I don't support your view point saying I might not be a Tamilian might serve you narrow thoughts but do not change my origin.
Well me as a Indian I have more loyalty and identify more with my fellow Indians whether they are north or east etc...not with people across the palk strait just becos we share a common language and race.I empathize with them and support them but national unity is more important.
Also I know many people in Chennai and my native place who share my view.Moving past the tragedy of the Lankan war is more important than continueing to make people suffer for some revenge politics which ultimately will bare out nothing.
What betrayal ? I have already pointed out how many times India has acted in tamil interest and voted against Lanka.
The Idea of a Tamil seperation by itself is extremely harmful for us only both economically and politically. Tantamount to shooting our own selves for misplaced pride and ego.Look at Pakistan today at one time they where better than India even economically.But narrow regional interests combined with racial/religious pride lead to their downfall.Lets stop all the IT companies which is massively contributing to TN's growth to stop because they are non Tamilian ya??

This is actually the curse of India.Nobody seems to be ready to put India first. You do not see Obama going and fighting or agitating for every problem in Kenya or the African nations. By your Logic they are all his ancestors and race brothers. The African americans care little for what is happening in Africa.
You have also not answered my primary question I think...For what is this agitation? Because the son of a mass murderer was killed...while the innumerable harm that Prabhakaran has done to the Tamil cause is going un-punished or nobody is even bothered about it. Let go stick posters of this guy with a lion image all over bus stops,tambaram station etc...

Also Tamil Ealam was a borrowed motto given by Prabhakaran because he wanted to be king. The Ideal situation would have been for the Tamil people in Lanka to be assimilated with the mainstream country and they should have important positions in govt and private sector. That is what will make a people and community prosperous not continually fighting a war for Ealam. Look at the African americans in USA and any extent the immigrant community in the UK. Also Look at war torn Africa where each country is fighting the other over race and tribe loyalty..
After Ealam and Prabhakaran becomes King then what.... will the peoples lives improve??

tramp

Until narrow clanish/tribal/ethnic/regional feelings weaken, a pan-national view will not take root.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
@ vram
BJP is non-existant in TN cos of its hindu hooliganism, I hail from a strong tamil-saivite background, and everybody in my community was against babar mosque incident,
i personally even don't like such a personality or a communal party to rule India, but majority rules

more detailed answers has been given by various users regarding this issue in this forum, i have just marked the outlines!!

People of Nepal as closer to North Indians as SL Tamils to Indian Tamils.

Punjabies of Pakistan and India are also as close to Each others..
So are Bengalies

So are Chakmas and people from Tripura..

So are Gujraties

So are Sindhies....
So are Bhutia Lapchas and Tibatans..

So are Punchies
so are Kashmiries..

You mean to say only Tamils are close and rest all have no sentiments ??
You mean to say India should intervene in all cases ??

tramp

I did not support the communal voilence also obviously such crimes must be punished...my question was will you agree if some foriegner comes to your country and wants to sit as a Judge?? Will you as a citizen accept the violation of your sovriegnity.
Just because I don't support your view point saying I might not be a Tamilian might serve you narrow thoughts but do not change my origin.
Well me as a Indian I have more loyalty and identify more with my fellow Indians whether they are north or east etc...not with people across the palk strait just becos we share a common language and race.I empathize with them and support them but national unity is more important.
Also I know many people in Chennai and my native place who share my view.Moving past the tragedy of the Lankan war is more important than continueing to make people suffer for some revenge politics which ultimately will bare out nothing.
What betrayal ? I have already pointed out how many times India has acted in tamil interest and voted against Lanka.
The Idea of a Tamil seperation by itself is extremely harmful for us only both economically and politically. Tantamount to shooting our own selves for misplaced pride and ego.Look at Pakistan today at one time they where better than India even economically.But narrow regional interests combined with racial/religious pride lead to their downfall.Lets stop all the IT companies which is massively contributing to TN's growth to stop because they are non Tamilian ya??

This is actually the curse of India.Nobody seems to be ready to put India first. You do not see Obama going and fighting or agitating for every problem in Kenya or the African nations. By your Logic they are all his ancestors and race brothers. The African americans care little for what is happening in Africa.
You have also not answered my primary question I think...For what is this agitation? Because the son of a mass murderer was killed...while the innumerable harm that Prabhakaran has done to the Tamil cause is going un-punished or nobody is even bothered about it. Let go stick posters of this guy with a lion image all over bus stops,tambaram station etc...

Also Tamil Ealam was a borrowed motto given by Prabhakaran because he wanted to be king. The Ideal situation would have been for the Tamil people in Lanka to be assimilated with the mainstream country and they should have important positions in govt and private sector. That is what will make a people and community prosperous not continually fighting a war for Ealam. Look at the African americans in USA and any extent the immigrant community in the UK. Also Look at war torn Africa where each country is fighting the other over race and tribe loyalty..
After Ealam and Prabhakaran becomes King then what.... will the peoples lives improve??
Well spoke vram. you have put things in perspective. Empathize all of us do. And we are all for providing relief and encouraging Colombo to recognize the rights of Tamils... even to the extent of allowing more autonomy. India should do that and support an inquiry to punish the guilty.
But we should do all that with more detachment and by not getting emotionally carried away. We can be emotional in private. But statecraft is a different ballgame.

Subramanian

so GOI is their official baptists, with Indira gandhi as their first donator, until Rajiv's insecured intellect warned him it as a threat to TN
They were innocent and fell prey to the designs of the establishement.

kayal

Tihar Jail
Banned
It is not allowing me to post link. If you want the url, just search for some key phrases from the article

Agony and Impotence of a Tamil Nadu Chief Minister within the Indian Union

OUTLINE

1. Powerlessness of Tamil Nadu

2. Chief Minister's Plea in Humility and Supplication

3. Sixty Million Population of Tamil Nadu

4. This Situation Should Change

Supplementary Discussion

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thousands of Tamil civilians were killed by the Sri Lankan military during the first few months of 2009 (United Nations reported the death toll as 20000). About sixty million Tamils live in the Indian state of Tamilnadu just about a hundred kilometers from the killing fields of Sri Lanka. They were unable to do anything about it except to watch it with tears in their eyes and sadness in their heart, because diplomatic and military power lies with the Indian government that is dominated and controlled by Hindi politicians. People of Tamil Nadu, although they pay taxes dutifully to the Indian government, have no say even as their brethren were massacred by the tiny Sri Lanka that is no match in military and diplomatic power to India by a wide margin.

The highest elected leader of Tamil Nadu, Chief Minister Muthuvel Karunanidhi, was powerless to do anything to protect the fellow Tamils of neighboring Sri Lanka. Humanitarian agencies around the world warned of the impending civilian tragedy in Sri Lanka. With no military or diplomatic power of his own as the head of a state in the mighty "regional power" India, all he could do was to beg and plead with the Indian government to save his brethren in Sri Lanka. He repeatedly asked the Indian government to put pressure on Sri Lanka to bring about a ceasefire but the Indian government continued to train Sri Lankan military officers and also provided diplomatic cover in the United Nations. Sri Lanka openly stated that India never asked it to enter into a ceasefire. This proud octogenarian politician, five times chief minister of the state, literally begged India. Here is a plea in humility and supplication. On December 26, 2008, Karunanidhi appealed again to India to bring about a ceasefire, saying that every minute of delay cost one more Tamil life. Then he added, "with tears in my eyes I am making this request".

Karunanidhi is a veteran Tamilnadu politician of six decades; democratically elected as state chief minister five times (1969-71, 1971-76, 1989-91, 1996-2001 and 2006-present). He was not only making his personal plea to protect his brethren Tamils in Sri Lanka, he was making the plea on behalf of the 60 million people of the state. In an opinion poll conducted in Tamil Nadu by Loyola College in January 2009, ninety percent of the people surveyed wanted an immediate ceasefire.

The State of Tamil Nadu, with a population, land area, coastal stretch and gross domestic product (GDP) greater than half the countries of the world, could easily have been a country on its own. Yet the leader of this 60-million people state was totally powerless to protect fellow Tamils from the military of Sri Lanka of 20 million people and economy much smaller than that of Tamil Nadu and technological development much less. Had Tamilnadu been an independent country, Sri Lanka would be no match to it and, in fact, would not dare to massacre Tamils. But Tamil Nadu is a mere state within India with no military or diplomatic power of its own. Powerless to do anything of his own, the chief minister was reduced to begging the Indian government to protect his people in Sri Lanka. Read his plea to the Indian government again. Don't you hear the agony and utter desperation and powerlessness in his voice? Voice of the chief minister of 60-million people.

The chief minister could not even speak up against Indian government's military, financial and diplomatic support to Sri Lanka. If he speaks up the Indian government could dismiss his state government and could even arrest him for anti-national activities. In fact, a number of lesser known politicians and Tamil activists had been arrested for speaking up against Indian government's support for Sri Lanka. So the astute politician that he is, Chief Minister Karunanidhi does not speak up. Yet his sadness, his feeling of powerlessness comes through in some of the statements.

On November 23, 2008, the chief minister said, "Raja Raja Cholan conquered Sri Lanka. Today Tamils are destroyed there and we (Tamil Nadu) are in such a pathetic situation that we could not help them. This situation should change" (November 23, 2008). [Note: Raja Raja Cholan was one of the greatest kings in Tamil Nadu (985-1014 AD); he conquered Sri Lanka in 1002 AD and assumed the title Sinhalanthahan.]

On January 24, 2009, he said, "We are like a man without hands and dumb, who is not able to protect the butter from the scorching sun." He further added, "We know what we can do and what the Indian government can do". He knows Indian government could easily stop the war in neighboring tiny Sri Lanka and also knows the Tamil Nadu state government is powerless. He continued in desperation, "How are we going to save them?" In the end Tamilnadu was not able to save the Tamils of Sri Lanka. 20000 civilians killed in Sri Lankan Air Force bombing and army shelling. 300000 held in camps surrounded by barbed wires and patrolled by gun totting Sinhala soldiers.

Will this situation change? Are the people of Tamil Nadu forever doomed to be powerless and at the mercy of Hindi politicians who rule India? Is independence for Tamilnadu the way out? [Reference 1] Can it be achieved? [Reference 2]

Supplementary Discussion: We stated in this article, "So the astute politician that he is, Chief Minister Karunanidhi did not speak up." Let no one misunderstand that we applaud the chief minister's silence or we give him a clean chit in this regard. We wish he had spoken up against Indian government's actions and clearly exposed the Indian government to the people of Tamil Nadu. He did not do so because he is not a national hero like Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, father of Bangladesh, who stood up against the Pakistani government. He is not a national leader but a politician who would bend and sway to stay in power. He did not want to challenge the Indian government over the Sri Lankan war.

A more important question we need to answer is, "Would things have changed if Chief Minister Karunanidhi spoke up against the Indian government?" No, it would not have changed. The Indian government that ignored the wishes of the people of Tamil Nadu as indicated in the afore-mentioned Loyola College opinion poll would not act any differently even if the chief minister condemned its actions. In fact, in October 2008 he publicly threatened the resignation of his party MPs (Members of Parliament) but the Indian government refused to budge. The chief minister did not follow through with the resignations but backed off [Reference 3]. Similarly it would have made no difference even if he spoke up against Indian government actions from platform to platform around Tamilnadu. Indian government may simply ignore him or, if he became too much of a thorn on their back, dismiss his government and may even arrest him. As for the Sri Lankan war is concerned, it would have made no difference. Yet, Karunanidhi could have spoken up and fell, rather than murmur and continue to rule Tamilnadu.

(NOTE: Chief Minister M. Karunanidhi is the president of Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK), one of the two dominant political parties in Tamil Nadu.)

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
At that Time the UPA govt's one of the Main Pillar is 40 MP's from Tamil Nadu...they did Nothing...shouting and adjoining Parliament is not a Solution

Does he begged to the Indian Govt..He enjoyed with the AC car and His Family members are busy in Trades with Lanka

During the Time Lack of Spreading NEWS all over Tamil Nadu...did you know Situation Now created by 60 Million Tamil Facebook id's

Students are not offered by Politics Parties ..they wanted themself joining the Protest

Last edited:

kayal

Tihar Jail
Banned
he should have joined the mainstream after the ceasefire was called and brokered by the EU around 2000.
You do not understand the realities of Sri Lanka. What happened to those who laid arms and acted peacefully. Go and find out what happened to TARAKI.

kayal

Tihar Jail
Banned
Also Tamil Ealam was a borrowed motto given by Prabhakaran because he wanted to be king.
What a bunch of crap. If Prabnakaran wanted he could have been king subserviant to India and Sri Lanka.
In 1987, India offered him CM post without any election. He refused and went to the jungle and fought India until 1990. Kumaratunga offered him total cvontrol of Jaffna as long as he obeys Sri Lankan gov. He refused saying I will not abandom eastern Tamils. Prabakaran is the most unselfish leader in recent times.
He could have escaped from Sri Lanka and lived a luxury life in 2009. He stayed and fought and died. He sacrificed his entire family. He did not send them abroiad to safety.
This is one selfless leader.

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Sorry, but I think that is what crazy extremists do.

What a bunch of crap. If Prabnakaran wanted he could have been king subserviant to India and Sri Lanka.
In 1987, India offered him CM post without any election. He refused and went to the jungle and fought India until 1990. Kumaratunga offered him total cvontrol of Jaffna as long as he obeys Sri Lankan gov. He refused saying I will not abandom eastern Tamils. Prabakaran is the most unselfish leader in recent times.
He could have escaped from Sri Lanka and lived a luxury life in 2009. He stayed and fought and died. He sacrificed his entire family. He did not send them abroiad to safety.

vram

Country flag
A bunch of crap or not...there are enough substantial evidence even articles from the UN that show Prabhakaran and LTTE where responsible for recriuting Child soldiers and sucide bombers. In my books that makes him the worst kind of criminal ....selfless leader my foot. there are enough articles from those days marking out the atrocities commited by this guy...check my previous posts cant keep re posting them.
I can see that you have selectively picked and chosen my reply to quote.Bravo.
By your logic Osama bin laden is a godly figure.
ya right....

HEILTAMIL

Well spoke vram. you have put things in perspective. Empathize all of us do. And we are all for providing relief and encouraging Colombo to recognize the rights of Tamils... even to the extent of allowing more autonomy. India should do that and support an inquiry to punish the guilty.
But we should do all that with more detachment and by not getting emotionally carried away. We can be emotional in private. But statecraft is a different ballgame.
well our plans of autonomy by our honourable PM rajiv using 13th amendment or any of the later pact or 13th amendment plus has not been validated, has it ???
i wonder if they let the tamil people live there we wouldn't be having this argument

it is impossible not to be emotional when my blood brothers are killed just for the sake they are speaking tamil language or for the reason they are hindus!!
i wonder how will u react when your blood brothrs happening to be living in th next apartment gets killed, i wonder how intellectually you will handle it than being emotional like TN people!!!
@vram
the current agitation is not about one 12 yr old, it is about the systematic killing of tamil people in that island, so as per your suggestion TN people should forget about eelam which was a part of tamil country and its people from time immemorial, and should focus on the young Indian identity (born on 1947) and should cry only for this new identity, and support ASFPA in NE and kashmir and should support BJP because it is the majority !!, when the majority wants to launch a war cos of its interest we should forget about everything else and support it blindly, yeap thats where difference arises

what a holed boat and a pathetic logic bro!!

Last edited by a moderator:

HEILTAMIL

A bunch of crap or not...there are enough substantial evidence even articles from the UN that show Prabhakaran and LTTE where responsible for recriuting Child soldiers and sucide bombers. In my books that makes him the worst kind of criminal ....selfless leader my foot. there are enough articles from those days marking out the atrocities commited by this guy...check my previous posts cant keep re posting them.
I can see that you have selectively picked and chosen my reply to quote.Bravo.
By your logic Osama bin laden is a godly figure.
ya right....
so can we conclude that there are some terrorist elements in kashmir let it be POK or Indian occupied,(both belong to India!!), are muslims where in those rogue elements there are few childrens and womens, can we wipe out the enitre people of kashmir where majoirty are muslims not hindus which the state of rest India!!,
it can be termed as national interest too!!

vram

Country flag
so can we conclude that there are some terrorist elements in kashmir let it be POK or Indian occupied,(both belong to India!!), are muslims where in those rogue elements there are few childrens and womens, can we wipe out the enitre people of kashmir where majoirty are muslims not hindus which the state of rest India!!,
it can be termed as national interest too!!
Dont again pick and chose my repilies. I have replied only to his ascertion that Prabhakaran was some kind of hero. All I Meant was even he was a crook and not like he was going on and on about how big a Mahatma Prabhakaran was...

vram

Country flag
well our plans of autonomy by our honourable PM rajiv using 13th amendment or any of the later pact or 13th amendment plus has not been validated, has it ???
i wonder if they let the tamil people live there we wouldn't be having this argument

it is impossible not to be emotional when my blood brothers are killed just for the sake they are speaking tamil language or for the reason they are hindus!!
i wonder how will u react when your blood brothrs happening to be living in th next apartment gets killed, i wonder how intellectually you will handle it than being emotional like TN people!!!
@vram
the current agitation is not about one 12 yr old, it is about the systematic killing of tamil people in that island, so as per your suggestion TN people should forget about eelam which was a part of tamil country and its people from time immemorial, and should focus on the young Indian identity (born on 1947) and should cry only for this new identity, and support ASFPA in NE and kashmir and should support BJP because it is the majority !!, when the majority wants to launch a war cos of its interest we should forget about everything else and support it blindly, yeap thats where difference arises

what a holed boat and a pathetic logic bro!!
Hmmmm Rajiv Ghandhi you mean the guy who along with his mother invented the LTTE ? And also the very same guy who was assisinated by the Hero Prabhakaran??

Also there is one critical difference between you and me. I am an INDIAN. IF at all you would call anybody my blood brothers(lol! what a exaggeration) it will be INDIANS from other states as well. That is Oath we take in school isn't it ? before prayer(All Indian are my brother and blah blah blah !!:laugh:) Not some mythical tamil nation citizens from across the sea. I was born after 1947....heck much after that. I am proud of tamilian history and of the great achievements starting before Raja Raja.....
BUT I belong to state called Tamil Nadu in the country Called INDIA.. IF the PM of this country is somebody I dont like still I will support him/her. Because the Majority of INDIA wants that guy to be the PM. THAT IS CALLED DEMOCRACY. IF there is war in the North I would like to do my bit as much as possible
If you cannot then you have no right to live in this country.

Yes I support AFPSA in Kashmir. Dont simply publish comments without knowing the ground situation there.My uncle was in the army during the peak insurgency time of the 90's and knows how cruel the militants where against anybody who came from outside the region. Ironically your concern for the Kashmiris is touching as they call tamilians there as 'those darkies' from South India and think us below humans as most of us are not fair..!!!
NO I don not support AFPSA in NE ...but I will still protest that as a INDIAN citizen ....not for making some brownie point in a unrelated debate like you did.

Don't throw around words like Time Immemorial and all that ...then in that same token we are all blood brother with the.... CHIMPANZEE as Darwins theory proves that we are all descended from the monkey ..Vanaraa :rofl:

Yes it is said that people have died in Lanka ...but that is Civil war. The Victor will always suppress the defeated. The Nations of the world have to make the victorious member(Lankan government) acknowledge and correct the injustice done to the Tamil people. The resolution in the UN was correct and we INDIANS did the right thing. There should be difference between the likes of the Pakis who abstained and us...Human rights should never be below NATIONAL CONSCIENCE.

You find my logic pathetic...BUT you know what I Find even more pathetic???????????????

EVERY day around 15 children(below five years) DIE in Tamil Nadu because of poverty or mal nutrition.
AROUND 15% of the TN population is below the poverty line and around 25% are mal nutrition-ed.
20-25% of Chennai the capital is living in slums and has no basic sanitation....

You can find more and more if you research the internet and UNICEF/UN websites some..

WHERE IS THE PROTEST FOR ALL THIS??? IF people have to get angry then these are the issues that need to be fought against....when you own country citizens (OK since you dont like INDIA and are fully Tamizhan let take it as state citizens) dont have proper dignity in life you have the audacity to question a different country?? Ulitmately for all its faults Sri Lanka has a better Human Development Index and Per Capita Income that INDIA.
For all your grand design of the great tamil nation...ask any native tamil from Malaysia or Singapore...he will laugh at your face. They have much better living condition that what we have here.
lets improve our own lot before preaching to the world.

Last edited by a moderator:

HEILTAMIL

Hmmmm Rajiv Ghandhi you mean the guy who along with his mother invented the LTTE ? And also the very same guy who was assisinated by the Hero Prabhakaran??

Also there is one critical difference between you and me. I am an INDIAN. IF at all you would call anybody my blood brothers(lol! what a exaggeration) it will be INDIANS from other states as well. That is Oath we take in school isn't it ? before prayer(All Indian are my brother and blah blah blah !!:laugh:) Not some mythical tamil nation citizens from across the sea. I was born after 1947....heck much after that. I am proud of tamilian history and of the great achievements starting before Raja Raja.....
BUT I belong to state called Tamil Nadu in the country Called INDIA.. IF the PM of this country is somebody I dont like still I will support him/her. Because the Majority of INDIA wants that guy to be the PM. THAT IS CALLED DEMOCRACY. IF there is war in the North I would like to do my bit as much as possible
If you cannot then you have no right to live in this country.

Yes I support AFPSA in Kashmir. Dont simply publish comments without knowing the ground situation there.My uncle was in the army during the peak insurgency time of the 90's and knows how cruel the militants where against anybody who came from outside the region. Ironically your concern for the Kashmiris is touching as they call tamilians there as 'those darkies' from South India and think us below humans as most of us are not fair..!!!
NO I don not support AFPSA in NE ...but I will still protest that as a INDIAN citizen ....not for making some brownie point in a unrelated debate like you did.

Don't throw around words like Time Immemorial and all that ...then in that same token we are all blood brother with the.... CHIMPANZEE as Darwins theory proves that we are all descended from the monkey ..Vanaraa :rofl:

Yes it is said that people have died in Lanka ...but that is Civil war. The Victor will always suppress the defeated. The Nations of the world have to make the victorious member(Lankan government) acknowledge and correct the injustice done to the Tamil people. The resolution in the UN was correct and we INDIANS did the right thing. There should be difference between the likes of the Pakis who abstained and us...Human rights should never be below NATIONAL CONSCIENCE.

You find my logic pathetic...BUT you know what I Find even more pathetic???????????????

EVERY day around 15 children(below five years) DIE in Tamil Nadu because of poverty or mal nutrition.
AROUND 15% of the TN population is below the poverty line and around 25% are mal nutrition-ed.
20-25% of Chennai the capital is living in slums and has no basic sanitation....

You can find more and more if you research the internet and UNICEF/UN websites some..

WHERE IS THE PROTEST FOR ALL THIS??? IF people have to get angry then these are the issues that need to be fought against....when you own country citizens (OK since you dont like INDIA and are fully Tamizhan let take it as state citizens) dont have proper dignity in life you have the audacity to question a different country?? Ulitmately for all its faults Sri Lanka has a better Human Development Index and Per Capita Income that INDIA.
For all your grand design of the great tamil nation...ask any native tamil from Malaysia or Singapore...he will laugh at your face. They have much better living condition that what we have here.
lets improve our own lot before preaching to the world.
r u against the proposals from those Indian PMs or are u supporting LTTE, u contradict urself

i am dark, so my ancestors are and i am not offended by the term "darkies", people who feel offended must be suffering from inferiority complex and yet i still feel for a normal kashmiri how he is suppressed, as an Indian i donot want just the land but also its people

i hope u understand the term Indigenous people before going to darwin's theory, later rises the theory of nation,

what happened in SL is a planned genocide which is not a result of a war as you have mentioned.
whole people of TN as per its recent allparty unanimous resolution who consider themselves to be Indian suggested India has diluted the UNHRC resolutions and has not acted its part, i conclude as per your logic those represented people are not supposed to live in India
they expect the rest of Indians who are also saying the oath you mentioned to be validated by themselves.

as per ur suggestion to look ONLY INSIDE, India or any other nation should cut its international ties and stop begging for international funds and int. knowledge.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles