• The IAF is doing better.

Votes: 16 9.8%
  • The InA is doing better.

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • All of them doing equally well.

Votes: 13 8.0%

• Total voters

p2prada

IIRC, they all involved uniformed officers.
Normally, this never comes out in the media. Matrials-Court perform all their tasks without any media involvement or have any links to the civilian judicial system. Uniformed personnel being caught in the act will be headlines news. If they are sentenced, we will only get to hear the officers name and sentence, the minutes of the courtroom trial will be classified. This is a British era thingy. Even the British have changed their policies, but we still haven't.

Most Generals including military judges have blamed middlemen involved in the deal. The govt has introduced new reformist policies to cut out all middlemen from deals. All deals in the future will be between the govt, military and companies.

But, yeah. Navy deals have been accused of bribery, but if proven or not is still a mystery.

SHASH2K2

Indian DSRV Buy Near? Navy Wants 2 New DSRV-Handling Diving Support Ships
In new indications that the Indian Navy will possibly expedite its long delayed procurement of one or more deep submergence rescue vehicles (DSRVs), it has now invited information from shipbuilders, both local and global, to support the procurement of two new 3000-ton diving support vessels. The Navy wants both ships built with 400-sqm deck space for a "DSRV and associated gear". The ships will also need a helo deck (without a hangar), suitable accommodation for DSRV kit operators, integral boats, diving bells (for rescues upto 300-m) for 2-3 men with a moon pool and, of course, recompression chambers.

The Indian Navy's attempt to buy two DSRVs was cancelled in 2005 following charges of corruption, though the effort has finally picked up again. The Indian Navy has a submarine rescue agreement with the US Navy (air-deployed DSRV kit in 48 hours), on which it would be wholly dependent if an Indian submarine were ever in distress.

http://livefist.blogspot.com/2010/07/indian-dsrv-buy-near-navy-wants-2-new.html

luckyy

no wonder , the best of NDA enterence goes to navy....

unlike IAF and IA , navy has no problum with 'made in india' tag...

unlike 2000 t-90 , 126 mmrca..., inplace of going on bulk purchages , navy is adding gradually...

1971 , navy aircrafts panitrate deep inside karachi and distroy oil storage tankers.......

why didn't IAF do air excersises with navy , i always has a deep sence that navy pilots are smarter ...

SU-30MKI v/s MIG-29K..

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
no wonder , the best of NDA enterence goes to navy....

unlike IAF and IA , navy has no problum with 'made in india' tag...

unlike 2000 t-90 , 126 mmrca..., inplace of going on bulk purchages , navy is adding gradually...

1971 , navy aircrafts panitrate deep inside karachi and distroy oil storage tankers.......

why didn't IAF do air excersises with navy , i always has a deep sence that navy pilots are smarter ...

SU-30MKI v/s MIG-29K..

I think that rarely happens all over the world. Never heard USAF pilots practice with the USN pilots. Perhaps because of difference in operational doctrine or just ego?

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Is the INDIAN NAVY acquiring better weapon systems compared to the InA or IAF
Indian Navy is doing better for simple reason that it is able to retain and enhance her tactical and technical strength, inspite of being low on sanctioned budget. And best of all, she has created an infrastructure which will make sure this capability remains intact in future, sustained strength if you will.

neo29

All the forces are acquiring the best weapons available as per their need. Cant compare who has better weapon system.

Crusader53

I think that rarely happens all over the world. Never heard USAF pilots practice with the USN pilots. Perhaps because of difference in operational doctrine or just ego?

USN, USMC, and USAF Pilot Train together very often. Plus, they exchange pilots all the time.............The same can be said of the US and all of its Allies.

sandeepdg

The Indian Navy is surely going full steam ahead to become a blue water before the end of next decade with the acquisition of 3 ACs and atleast 2-3 SSBNs (Arihant class). The IAF and IA have a lot of of catching up to do to reach anything comparable to the Navy's level. Especially, for the IA its gonna be a really long run, since it will take another 15 years for it to reach a level to be considered anything close to what the nay will be in another 5-10 years. So, in the next decade, IN will be the dominant candidate for showcasing our military might amongst the armed forces in the international arena.

Neil

Country flag
Indian navy is certainly acquiring indigenous weapons if not better weapons...which is more important....but at the end of the day....major chunk of our budget is definitely going to IA and IAF....which will restrict IN to acquire better weapons even if it wants....

sandeepdg

major chunk of our budget is definitely going to IA and IAF....which will restrict IN to acquire better weapons even if it wants....
Mate, budgets are always flexible, it mainly depends on the need and requirements and are accordingly given priority ! IA receives the largest share of the budget since it is the biggest arm as per size of personnel is concerned, and IN is the smallest in terms of personnel size. But that doesn't mean that the Navy will be denied funds if it wants to acquire hardware which it feels is critical for its strength ! Look at recently announced P-75I deal worth 50k crores thereby surpassing the IAF's MMRCA deal !!!

p2prada

It does happen. Just that they never make the news.

IAF is involved in training IN pilots. It is just that the Navy never had any fighters of their own, except for a few Harriers. We are no where compared to the USN and USAF programs. However, things are changing for the better already.

Illusive

Country flag
well Indian navy and airforce are doing well.............but the army needs to be developed more by providing them better guns and wireless communication systems............i know there is a F-Insas programme........but it has to be implemented at the earliest

p2prada

well Indian navy and airforce are doing well.............but the army needs to be developed more by providing them better guns and wireless communication systems............i know there is a F-Insas programme........but it has to be implemented at the earliest
F-INSAS is a large scale project. It will take 4 or 5 years before the first few battalions are out. But I do support better equipment at the smallest level.

Neil

Country flag
Mate, budgets are always flexible, it mainly depends on the need and requirements and are accordingly given priority ! IA receives the largest share of the budget since it is the biggest arm as per size of personnel is concerned, and IN is the smallest in terms of personnel size. But that doesn't mean that the Navy will be denied funds if it wants to acquire hardware which it feels is critical for its strength ! Look at recently announced P-75I deal worth 50k crores thereby surpassing the IAF's MMRCA deal !!!
buddy...you are right but given the size of IN our political and neither IA IAF wants to give away more share of the defense budget to IN....[thats my view]
certainly hope they get the BEST of weapons and tech they need....

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Arihant, Talwar, shivaliks, IAC, 15A and B, MiG29ks, NLCA, scorpenes, 75Is, P8s etc. Totalling well over 100,000 crores. Who said the navy is not getting what it wants? Its the most modern of all the three services or will be in the next 5 years. Other arms have a lot of catching up to do. Only thing lagging right now is the submarine unit for which we already have projects underway.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Situation for Army and Air Force will not change for better until they open their own dedicated body which will predict intensity and type of future wars followed by writing requirements and this should be followed by initial designing in most cases. This mentality to fulfill every requirement by outsourcing needed among Army and Air Force will never let them fulfill their requirements in time because of involved complexities.

prateikf

Country flag
the navy is undoubtedly doing the best among all the 3 services. the air forces comes second. While the army is doing the worst compared to all. the army's artillery modernisation drive is already 10 years behind schedule. it lacks 3600 howitzer's of various kind. According to the army's own estimate this shortage could be filled only by 2025. the army is only 50% battle ready and it was the army which had backed off from attacking pakistan in the aftermath of the 26/11 attacks while the navy and the air-force had given the go ahead. the army's artillery tender is being issued every year and everyone know's that no gun would finally be selected.

smartindian

Country flag
delay in Scorpene submarines

i dont see any problem with the surface fleet of IN except ac, but most worrying part to me is our under water capability, due to delay in scorpion subs delay. we have to rectify it as soon as possible. when we compare it with IA, and IAF ,.IN is doing much better . i hope there good job continues as planed

arya

Country flag
can some one compare our navy modernization and china navy modernization

what is power ratio

etc thing

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles