Is terrorism that big a problem?

Discussion in 'West Asia & Africa' started by ajtr, Feb 12, 2010.

1. ajtr

ajtr Veteran Member Veteran Member

indians got used to the terror attacks after suffering them for 30 long years.even pakistan got bored of attacking india through its proxies as india dont react to these attacks anymore.if pakistan has millions of terrorist as strategic assets then sure india too has its 1 billion plus cannon fodder and im sure we can tire our neighboring tormentor with our ghandigiri......well i happen to read on particular sentence in blog last year "Is terrorism that big a problem?.".if indians themselves are so insensitive about the loss of lives of fellow indian due to pak terrorism then why should we blame our leaders whom we only choose for not taking any action against any terror?why should we blame pakistan for implementing its 1000 cut proxy war on india when we for us indians fellow indian's life is cheap unless we ourself or someone close to us fell victim to terror.???????? i would like to share following blog to have discussion on the points i ve raised.i dont know what to do with the reasoning of the following blogger .just felt like puking at his blog after reading it and going through the comments......

Is terrorism that big a problem?

3. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

He is kidding right? Mumbai attack was an act of war. Pakistan is plain lucky that it got away this time. It will not the next time.

also by what the blogger has written, the US should have also not started the war on terror after 9/11, only 3000 people killed right whereas we have a lot more killed in road accidents. Why don't we just stop wasting money on all anti terror mechanisms and allow the terrorists to do what they want? It will be far lesser than the number of people who die of TB. Idiot forgets that terror tries to hit the very psyche of the citizens. It terrorizes them and tries to stops them from leading a normal life. It has to be defeated.

4. ajtr

ajtr Veteran Member Veteran Member

I dont know if he has written that blog in sarcasm.but the conclusion is draw by reading that is terrorism is no such a big problem when more people die in road accidents/due to TB etc.I dont know what he wants to convey.all i conclude that he is trying to be insensitive towards the fellow indian.And regarding pakistan its not that pakistan got plain lucy this time, pakistan has very deviously painted itself as victim and has wriggled out of it very beautifull as it has always been after every terror attacks.As for indian govt is clueless how to respond to situation after every terror attack.Take for this report in the hindu for example.

India’s embrace of dialogue remains limited, reluctant

Above bolded lines shows govt confusion and one can draw conclusion as:

1) Cancelling talks with Pakistan, after every major terrorist attack, is touted as a huge strategic response by GOI which allows it to continue its inaction until some peacenick chaman ki tamasha kicks in. Then talks with Pakistan can be restarted, claiming gandhigiri and moral high ground, which puts the safety valve in place again until next attack.

2)Getting talks back on track, after the initial Indian official dramabazi after every major attack, is the final step of equal-equal and considered a huge victory which absolves it of all crimes by Pakistan. This is apart from the brownie points earned by playing the victim of derailed piss process.

3)Pretending to maintain an equal distance all the while encouraging to do talks is the 'kaam chalau' plan in the region for unkil. pakistan is kept firmly on the leash and allowed to have occational bites at India. Everything can be managed by appealing for resumption of 'dialogue'.

Everyone involved benefits from this 'talk' thingy. Only jingos on the street, and on the net, are left wondering what the phuck is so important about continuing or not continuing talks with Pakistan since it amounts to zilch,zero,nada results at the end of the day.

5. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

The governments offer to talk with the pakistanis has been discussed in another thread. One of the argument put forth is that is a brilliant move by the GoI which will deny pakistan to use india as an excuse to divert its troops from the afpak region and towards india. That would have got the americans started. nothing is going to come out of these talks. Its just time pass as we call it here. Suits india just fine and it doesn't pakistan. that's the reason why soon after india announced its intention to talk, pakistan started doing its best to avoid them.

6. johnee

johnee Elite Member Elite Member

Are you sure? What will be India's response if it is attacked again right now. Lets say there is a 26/11 type attack in Kolkatta, what will India do? Remember, we may not have a strong case like 26/11. We were lucky that Kasab was caught alive. It may not happen the second time. Then the Paks will say that it is locals and not Pakistanis, then what? India will be on more defensive. Also we are just intiating talks, will we break them down, if we do that, then Paks will raise the pitch and create war hysteria. If GOI does nothing then public will spit on it. Even the friendly media cannot save UPA then. Another attack will happen for sure, we all know that. But there seems to be no idea of how to tackle it or respond in its aftermath.

7. Armand2REP

Armand2REP CHINI EXPERT Veteran Member

Frankly, I don't see how South Asians put up with so much $hit. Israel doesn't put up with any of it. Set off a bomb on a bus and they will wipe out an entire city block. Blow up a few buildings in the US and lose your whole country. I think India should do a version of Israel, if GoI knows where a Pakistani or Maoist camp is after an attack, they should bomb it. No more of this fist shaking, time to get to action.