Is Spicejet incorrigible?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Is Spicejet incorrigible?

The airline manages to find airtime for the wrong reasons so frequently ! Last Feb, the Jeeja Ghosh ordeal brought to light the apathy of the airline towards the disabled. The matter went to Supreme Court and the apex court slapped a notice on the airline. As late as April 2012, Spicejet chose to be absent from an all airline meeting called by DGCA, in total denial.

3 months have not passed, and yet again Md Ali Shah is forced to deplane by Spicejet staff for taking snaps with his mobile. The altercation leads to a communal slur and the airline is indifferent? They guarded the 'mentally-disabled' pilot Utprabh Tiwari last time. This time around - a simple staff - not having the authority to decide on security matters - decides that a man taking photographs at airport (which by the way is legal) is not fit to fly since his name has 'Ali' in it? And this guy has to potray his patriotism by stating he was an ex-armyman and his dad fought in the 1971 war !

If only an aberrant staff misbehaves with a passenger, the airline cannot be blamed. However if different employees of the same airline dish out such sick behaviour time and again - and the airline continues to side with its staff ("our pilot did nothing wrong" was the support for Tiwari last time) - there seems to be something seriously wrong in the recruitment and training procedures and policies of this 'cheap' airline !

etc...etc: Is Spicejet incorrigible?
No matter what is your religion, is it permissible to take pohtos at the airport?

Why are people so afraid of people being Muslims?

If it is against minorities, why is the same discrimination shown towards the Christian, who are a smaller minority?

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Spice jet is owned by Sun network aka, the DMK goons. Anything against them is honey in my ears :D

Blackwater

clicking pic at airport is illiegal.

infact taking pic from airport to aircraft is also illegal in India...

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
Taking a pic in the airport and possibly the aircraft (not sure about the aircraft bit though) have been made illegal post the escalating security threat at the airports in India.

Predator

i remember 2 britishers being arrested in delhi at indira gandhi airport for taking pics, this was big news at that time

i think its still illegal but i'm not sure about that.

sob

Mod
Country flag
There is more than what meets the eye.

The Indian Herald: Online English Newspaper: Spicejet accused of discriminating with Muslim ex-army official after disembarking him, victim gives legal notice to low-cost private airlines

Private airline Spicejet has been accused of misbehaving and discriminating with an ex-Indian army major, who was forced to deplane.

The victim Mohammad Ali Shah, said that he was given a 'threat' that his name (read Muslim) was enough for the airlines staff to term him a security threat and then no one would believe him.

Shah, who is the son of Lieutenant Gneral ZU Shah (now Vice-chancellor of Aligarh Muslim University) and nephew of movie star Nasiruddin Shah, has now made a formal complaint with the National Minorities' Commission about the religious bias.

Shah was taken off the flight for 'security reasons' and when he protested, he faced the communal slur. Shah who spells his complete name as Mohammad Ali Shah said that his agent booked the ticket in the name Ali Shah, but this led to the staff exceeding their brief and forcing him to leave the plane.

sob

Mod
Country flag
Ray Sir, you may be personally knowing the father of the young man, LT.Gen. Z U Shah.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Ray Sir, you may be personally knowing the father of the young man, LT.Gen. Z U Shah.
I know him too.

He seems to me as a good chap.

sob

Mod
Country flag
I saw hi interview on the TV yesterday, I fine young man, and I have full doubts on the airline trying to pull a fast one.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Indian airline operators are cruel and unprofessional.

I specially used to hate the Kingfisher bimbos flashing those fake smiles at you. They didn't even let you get suspicious, not that I don't have an inflated opinion of my charm.

There was another tale of a gentleman being forced on a wheelchair just because he was disabled, not realizing that not all disabilities warrant a wheelchair.

Last edited:

pramanick

clicking pic at airport is illiegal.

infact taking pic from airport to aircraft is also illegal in India...
It's not. The captioned blog mentions the same very clearly giving links to two DGCA documents proving the same. Before talking about legality we should take the pain of knowing the law. This ignorance (by general public and even the airline staff) is the basic reason why such incidents happen. Check http://dgca.nic.in/airrule/so1353.pdf .

sob

Mod
Country flag
Nice info that you have given.

Could you also please introduce yourself in the appropriate thread, so that all the members of DFI know you.

KS

Bye bye DFI
It's not. The captioned blog mentions the same very clearly giving links to two DGCA documents proving the same. Before talking about legality we should take the pain of knowing the law. This ignorance (by general public and even the airline staff) is the basic reason why such incidents happen. Check http://dgca.nic.in/airrule/so1353.pdf .
Partially correct and partially wrong.

Clicking pics in airports is illegal if the aforementioned airport is also used for defence purpose along with civilian purpose.

AFAIK the C-130s of IAF have bbeen known to use Delhi airport.

sob

Mod
Country flag
The C 130J are using Hindon Airport which is in adjoining Sahibabad/Ghaziabad.

However from the new road for T 3 terminal, you can very clearly see 4 IL 76s parked there. they have been there for a long time and right across the road we have 5 star hotels coming up with a clear view into the restricted area.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles