• Don't know..

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Huh? I need more weed...

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
In olden days, the females chose their mate and often it was multiple, for different children. It was not always polygamy. Polyandry was also there side by side. As man's control increased over the women, he made polygamy and marriage and other things the norm.
Are you sure about this? Why should a female choose multiple mates, what is the necessity? I mean, it makes sense for a male to do (to spread seeds), but female :notsure: .
I do know, that polyandry exists in certain societies across the world, just wondering why?

even now, its only an illusion that marriage is necessary for the women or men. The real thing which is needed is the offsprings produced and the care of the offsprings.

Yes, the family does increase the chances of survival for the offspring. Hence I said marriage was a next step in evolution. But the relevance of the family in the present or old form in 21st cent is debatable :nod:
Agreed.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
The purpose of marriage is to prevent males from killing each other for mates as wild animals do. The institution of marriage brings predictability and stability to society, which all humans naturally desire.
Even in 21st century?

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Are you sure about this? Why should a female choose multiple mates, what is the necessity? I mean, it makes sense for a male to do (to spread seeds), but female :notsure:
Why you think not?:).

Why should the female not have a better male when she encounters him? Why hung up on the same fellow, even if he is a dud head?

Anyway, think about present india. Most of the marriages are forced and are arranged. Who do you think is the most entrapped by it, men or women? Whose investment in offspring is more? Man's or woman's

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
The purpose of marriage is to prevent males from killing each other for mates as wild animals do.

The institution of marriage brings predictability and stability to society, which all humans naturally desire.
The primary purpose of marriage was protection of offspring from external threats.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Seems like I have gotten on the nerves of several self proclaimed nationalists here :rotflmao::taunt1:

I repeat, Self Proclaimed nationalists= Hypocrites= :puke:

Last edited:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Why you think not?:).

Why should the female not have a better male when she encounters him? Why hung up on the same fellow, even if he is a dud head?
I guess :hmm: . I ll have to do more reading on this.

Anyway, think about present india. Most of the marriages are forced and are arranged. Who do you think is the most entrapped by it, men or women? Whose investment in offspring is more? Man's or woman's
In India, especially in N. India, women are not in a very advantageous position. But in most of the Western world, marriage is a delicate balance which can quickly favor women.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
In India, especially in N. India, women are not in a very advantageous position.
I was talking about the Indian Society only. Here marriage is still a trap for women. Look at our mindset, "pure", "virgin" wife. If you know what I mean:)

But in most of the Western world, marriage is a delicate balance which can quickly favor women.
Yes, I think that those western males are better off having just children and supporting them than marry those women, just like Hollywood actors:heh:

This leaves the options open as well as helps in perpetuating the genes:D.

H.A.

Found a perfect article with regards to Marraige and the trap of illicit affair

Wife cuts husband into pieces over illicit affair

Had it not been for the greed of her partner in crime, a woman would have got away with the murder of her husband. All of 22, Ramya K was arrested on Tuesday for the murder of her husband – on November 25, 2010.

It all started when Ramya found that her husband, Kempegowda, was involved in extra-marital affairs. Things got a little complicated when Kempegowda also found out that his wife was involved with other men. Kempegowda, who was 32 then, ran a tailoring unit in his house in Ranghanathapura in Kamakshipalya and employed eight people.

Kempegowda would return home drunk and beat her. Unable to stand the beatings, she decided to eliminate him.

What happened next is the chilling bit.

Ramya mixed metacid, a powerful insecticide, in Kempegowda's food and served it to him. Kempegowda started vomiting after eating the ragi balls that Ramya had served. Around the same time, Ramya's sister Shilpa who used to live with them, came to Kempegowda's rescue and asked her what was wrong with Kempegowda. Ramya then locked Shilpa in a room, waited for Kempegowda to die (which happened around 11.30 pm) and then got down to business.

She used a knife and a machete and cut Kempegowda's body into several pieces. She packed the pieces in plastic bags and disposed them in a sewer. The only problem was the torso that Ramya found difficult to carry.

Enter Babu, Ramya's partner in crime.

Babu who was a domestic servant at Kempegowda's house bought the insecticide used to kill his employer. He then helped Ramya dispose of the torso. Once that was done, Ramya wiped the house clean. In fact, so clean that police could find no clue when they visited the house in connection with the murder.

And all this while Ramya kept Shilpa locked in the room. After emerging from the room, Shilpa asked her sister where her mama (brother-in-law) was and Ramya replied that he had gone out in a plastic bag. She threatened Shilpa with dire consequences if she mentioned about this to anyone.

The body pieces were discovered in December 2010. For the police it was a blind case. But after some snooping around that the constables did, the police found out who the victim was. When they visited Ramya's house, she feigned ignorance. When they asked her why she did not file a missing persons complaint, she said that her husband was involved with other women and she thought that he was with one of them. The police, surprisingly, bought her theory.

The police would have closed the case had it not been for Babu. The domestic servant, an alcoholic, started visiting Ramya's house and demanding money. The tailors working at the unit suspected something amiss and informed the police.

When police picked up Babu for questioning, he spilled the beans.
Wife cuts husband into pieces over illicit affair - Bangalore - DNA

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Humans evolved to be monogamous to protect children being killed by rival males

- Study finds primates evolved from multi-mate to monogamous societies
- In non-monogamous communities, rival males will try to kill children to encourage the female to want to mate sooner
- Monogamy means the father is always on hand to protect the child
- As a result, the child is well nurtured and develops a 'larger' brain
- This evolutionary trait in primates can also be assigned to humans

Humans evolved to being monogamous to protect their children from being killed by other males and this ultimately led to more intelligent offspring, say scientists.

A team from London, Manchester, Oxford and Auckland studied the mating habits of monkeys and discovered that mothers will delay mating when nurturing young children.

In non-monogamous communities, rival males will try to kill children to encourage the female to want to mate sooner.

However, in societies where primates choose a mate and stay with them, the males are more likely to care for their offspring and want to protect them, and this leads to more intelligent, well nurtured children.

The scientists believe this provides 'conclusive proof' that protecting young children is the main reason for monogamy in humans.

The team from University College London worked with researchers from universities in Manchester, Oxford and Auckland to gather data across 230 primate species.

HAVE MEN EVOLVED TO AVOID SLEEPING WITH FRIENDS' WIVES?

A University of Missouri study recently discovered that men seem to have an evolutionary aversion to becoming sexually attracted to their friends' wives.

The research found adult males' testosterone levels dropped when they were interacting with the spouse of a close friend.

Evolutionarily, men who were constantly betraying their friends' trust and endangering the stability of families may have caused a survival disadvantage for their entire communities.

A community of men who didn't trust each other would be brittle and vulnerable to attack and conquest.

The costs of an untrustworthy reputation would have outweighed the benefits of having extra offspring with a friend's conjugal companion.
They created a family tree and re-ran evolution millions of times across it to discover whether different behaviours evolved together across time, and if so, which behaviour evolved first.

This allowed them to determine the timing of 'trait evolution.'

They discovered that high levels of male primates killing offspring led the groups to switch from a multi-male mating system to a monogamous one.

Then, when the monogamous community was established, the fathers and mothers began sharing the care duties - rather than women being left to nurture their young themselves.

Following the emergence of monogamy, males are then more likely to care for their offspring.

By staying together, the male offers protection against this happening by guarding his child.

He can also share the burden of childcare and this may have led to the development of our complex, intelligent brains, the study shows.

It is the first research to reveal this evolutionary pathway, which the authors say they have 'conclusively' proved.

UCL's Dr Kit Opie, lead author of the study, wrote in journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences: 'This is the first time that the theories for the evolution of monogamy have been systematically tested, conclusively showing that infanticide is the driver of monogamy.

'This brings to a close the long running debate about the origin of monogamy in primates.'

An additional benefit of sharing the burden of care is that females can then have more 'costly' young.

The authors say that the price of living in complex societies has resulted in many primate species having large, and costly, brains.

In evolutionary terms, growing a big brain is expensive and requires that offspring mature slowly.

Caring fathers make this easier by helping out with young with long childhoods and this may explain how large brains could evolve in humans.

Dr Susanne Shultz, from the University of Manchester, said: 'What makes this study so exciting is that it allows us to peer back into our evolutionary past to understand the factors that were important in making us human.

'Once fathers decide to stick around and care for young, mothers can then change their reproductive decisions and have more, brainy offspring.'

People in monogamous relationships are 'more likely to have intelligent children' | Mail Online

Ankit Purohit

Country flag
I Have No Idea . I am a Bachelor ,Akela hu ,Azad hu :crusin7::bedtime::crusin:

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Marriage is a sexual trap for women, and financial trap for men.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Cannot speak for others but for me would be ready to fall in this trap again and again with my partner.
Must have got a keeper and/or big dowry :troll:

Reactions: sob

Sabir

DFI TEAM
I am in trap and I am loving the trap; No intention to comeout.

Reactions: sob

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles