• No

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • can't say

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
If India is to have some peace of mind Pakistan must collapse. The last time it collapsed in 1972 and Bangladesh was born it was not an negative thing for India, considering Bangladesh is lot less aggressive towards India. A partitioned pakistan would be a smaller threat for India as Baluchs,Sindhi's will be busy with their own affairs and NWFP wont share and border with India to dispute, what will be left is the Punjabi heart land which will be week and unable to cause us any head aches in the future.
Perfectly right. Just imagine a situation with present day Bangladesh having nuclear missiles pointing towards Kolkata! That would have been the situation today if it were not for 1971.

We have great chance of friendly relationship with Sindhis and Balochis, as Tshering says. What will remain at the end of it all is a bitter landlocked Pakjab, maybe with nukes, maybe without...

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
wow - hotttt topic but not all theory - in fact it is supposedly part of cia's dream strategy for central asia - not the total collapse of pakistan but basically getting rid of the nwfp and belouchistan and reducing pak to just sind and punjab and so US forces and private armies can get a hold of the railroad and highway connections prc-dragon is currently building and hoping to make the connection to pak's arabian sea ports for oil,( of course ) .

by jettisoning those provinces from todays pakistan - US can reduce the gegraphical strategic size of that nation and reduce pak from becoming a regional power and it's ability in the arena of it's nuclear significance egn nuclear testing is gonna be tough without those backyard provinces .

so nwfp-giglt baltistan and all that area would come under US Afghan command and belouchistan under another appropriate US commmand

jolly good idea i'd say and india should give US-blackwater-etc etc all the necessary co-operation help , info , logistics not to forget a great pat on the back

hope it happens within the next five years - a distinct possibility too !

Last edited:

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
If Pakistan collapses I have no doubt somebody is going to get nuked... I think its best to keep Pakistan at least politically stable.
not necessarily - especially if blackwater and other smaller outfits ( not to forget mossad please ) get hold of all nuclear facilities including the nuclear football briefcase ? - whoosh - - i hope we're not giving the game away are we Admin ??

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
The west has even drawn maps of what a cut up pakistan would look like so when it really gets bad for the west read US, I don't think they would wait to let pak go....
havent they indeed been drawing maps of pak's balkanization in the various US military doctrinal institutes for rather a few years since ? perhaps not the total collapse of pak but certainly reducing it down to size by reducing their geographic depth espcially as regards weapons testing ( nuke tests ) and thus weapons development....basically to remove beluchistan as regards nuke and weapons testing and to remove the nwfp and tribal areas where prc-dragon hope to make their rairod connections .

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Sindhis are businessmen. Don't be surprised if a separate Sindhudesh is in for establishing strong relationship with India for greater economic trade. Balochistan has tremendous gas reserves and trading with us will give them good revenue--another good chance of trading diplomacy. NWFP are tribals and have little to do with us in terms of enmity. So we will only have the Punjabi ruling elite heartland as the "enemy".

100% agree with your comment.
Me too ..............

chex3009

Country flag
Don't you guys think the biggest obstacle in the way of achieving this is the PLA troops sitting in the Gilgit-Baltistan Area and hovering their eyes over the Karakorum highway pass?????

Why are we letting the PLA troops stationed there, the voice must me raised by our government.

And i don't think the US is unaware of such a development, or are they unwilling to take any action on this?????

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
and in time we can incoprate what is left of Punjab to India also.
Knowing how demented, savage and barbaric pakjabis are, your comment is the most horrifying post I have ever read!:)

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
Knowing how demented, savage and barbaric pakjabis are, your comment is the most horrifying post I have ever read!:)
P.S: We should only concentrate on land and resources, any move to get freaks from pakistan into our country will b detrimental for our survival.

ejazr

Ambassador
I think the posts earlier in the thread are still valid. As I said earlier, Pakistan may lurch from crisis to crisis, but the two most arguably powerful countries in the world US and China will not let Pakistan collapse for their own reasons.

Indian strategy has to factor this in. Besides, I think Pakistan is no longer an existential threat to India. Maybe an irritant in the greater scheme of things but not an existential threat. The main threat is China and something that has to be given greater thought and importance. Not just in terms of military conflict but economic influence e.t.c.

Phenom

^^

The question is, does China or US have the power to stop Pakistan from collapsing?

If a nation is unstable from the inside, no amount of external help can sustain it in the long run. Despite all the efforts of Americans and the Chinese, Pakistan has been steadily slipping from everyone's control in the past five years. At some point both the Americans and Chinese will realize that Pakistan is a lost cause, we just need to wait until then.

pankaj nema

Country flag
Pakistan has just one aim ie to keep extorting money from the West in the name of war on terror and fighting militancy

At the same time the Red lines of the whole world ie the control and access to nukes will keep the PA ISI on their toes

Any sign that the nukes are in danger and the world will move swiftly

So PA and ISI will BALANCE its extremist problem in order to keep getting money and keep the west away from its nukes

So talking of Pakistan's collapse is premature

ejazr

Ambassador
@Phenom

Lets be realistic, Saddam was sanctioned for 10-12 years, No Fly zones were instituted on the top and bottom half of the country and he had no support from any external power or neighbour, still his regime did not collapse despite rebellion shite and kurdish populations in the south and north. It took a full scale military invasion by the US, UK and Australia to finally remove him from power and arguably the situation became even worse with all kinds of extremists groups and a magnate for Jihadi groups who wished to fight the US alongwith the heavy political and economic costs the US faced.

Are even half those things being applied in the case of Pakistan? Forget sanctions, UK, US, EU are planning preferential tariffs. China and US are giving billions of dollars in economic and military aid. Not to mention nuke reactors coming from China. So why are we wishfully waiting - no matter how appealing it might seem - for Pakistan's collapse? Unless there is say a WMD terrorist attack in the US traced from Pakistan, it is highly unlikely the US would go into Pakistan - Iraq style. Espicially given the state of its economy (US is actually one day away from a total government shutdown because of reaching their borrowing limit).

There is a need of innovative way to tackle Pakistan and not let it dominate strategic thinking. Pakistan is an important part but not something that should define India's strategic thinking. A mixed policy of carrots and sticks to basically get Pakistan to behave.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Hassan Nissar - intellect and writer in Pakistan

Regards,
Virendra

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles