Is India strong enough to face if China-Pak attack together?

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
The idea of giving nukes to any one... nonstate/state actors is an utterly foolish and idiotic thought. Nothing more than thriller movie/novel or a video game plot.

If India gives Tibetan exiles nukes, it will be an implicit violation of the Indo-US nuclear deal. It would make not just India look like a hypocrite, but also make it very hard for the US to achieve its goals of nonproliferation; it will be a legitimization of AQ Khan's nuclear network; it would poison Indo-Russian relations (since Russia opposes nuclear proliferation even more than the US does); and it would permanently tarnish the Tibetan exile movement from a perspective of nonviolence.

t_co

The idea of giving nukes to any one... nonstate/state actors is an utterly foolish and idiotic thought. Nothing more than thriller movie/novel or a video game plot.
Quite true.

To be honest though, I'm not sure why India frets about a joint Pakistani-Chinese attack. I doubt Pakistan would start a war with India, and China is even less likely to do so. There's simply no reason to, given that all three nations have nuclear weapons.

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Pak can though... because most of them think, especially in the army that they exist to bleed India. War is not logical, Pakistan is not logical.

Quite true.

To be honest though, I'm not sure why India frets about a joint Pakistani-Chinese attack. I doubt Pakistan would start a war with India, and China is even less likely to do so. There's simply no reason to, given that all three nations have nuclear weapons.

Mariner HK

Tihar Jail
Banned
Noooooo

Come on! Seriously? Nuke is the weapon that is not to be used. It is a deterrent. As soon as you use it, it is no longer a deterrent. Then it is free for all! Do you think India can match China's nukes in numbers?

Nuke is only for Second Strike. Nothing else. If India uses nuke, then it means that India has already lost and is trying to cause as much damage as possible before being annihilated completely.

Dude its like use it on other country .Use nuke as a weapon of diplomacy.India affraid to attack pakistan even after many terror strike Do u know why ? We fear it could lead to a blown out nuclear war.Because they have 1st use of nuke policy whereas India wont use it untill some one nuked us.What i am trying to say is we need to rethink about this policy to detr china.So that we can make china to talk peace and not to indulge in anti india things ..Got it ? Am not telling to nuke pakistan Iam telling to use Nuke for diplomacy...

Mariner HK

Tihar Jail
Banned
What is the use of second strike u killed me so i kill u ? But he killed u man at first surprise mega strike.What is the use of this policy? we need first strike policy so we can avoid wars too.And india dont want to panic the world so we use second strike policy fearing of ban of technology in panic.But tabled turned now we need to change our policy just keep chinese calm for a while...

Mariner HK

Tihar Jail
Banned
Pak can though... because most of them think, especially in the army that they exist to bleed India. War is not logical, Pakistan is not logical.
What is the use of second strike u killed me so i kill u ? But he killed u man at first surprise mega strike.What is the use of this policy? we need first strike policy so we can avoid wars too.And india dont want to panic the world so we use second strike policy fearing of ban of technology in panic.But tabled turned now we need to change our policy just keep chinese calm for a while...

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
You want to do first strike? And kill millions of people? And destroy the land for 25000yrs? :fp:

And if you are talking about a bluff, what when someone calls the bluff?

I guess it makes sense for a Precambrian Homo Dravida.

Dude its like use it on other country .Use nuke as a weapon of diplomacy.India affraid to attack pakistan even after many terror strike Do u know why ? We fear it could lead to a blown out nuclear war.Because they have 1st use of nuke policy whereas India wont use it untill some one nuked us.What i am trying to say is we need to rethink about this policy to detr china.So that we can make china to talk peace and not to indulge in anti india things ..Got it ? Am not telling to nuke pakistan Iam telling to use Nuke for diplomacy...

Mariner HK

Tihar Jail
Banned
You want to do first strike? And kill millions of people? And destroy the land for 25000yrs? :fp:

And if you are talking about a bluff, what when someone calls the bluff?

I guess it makes sense for a Precambrian Homo Dravida.
It takes lots more than a school education to learn understand WHAT is diplomacy and How itttt works .Sleep well dude.Dont confuse ur self and stop calling name which is banned in this forum i guess.AM I RIGHT MoD ?

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Where did I call you names?

It takes lots more than a school education to learn understand WHAT is diplomacy and How itttt works .Sleep well dude.Dont confuse ur self and stop calling name which is banned in this forum i guess.AM I RIGHT MoD ?

drkrn

China silently occupied more than 32km area of Indian border. 13 Chinese satellites focus all activities of Indian Army. PAK increasing its Army in Indian border . SRI LANKA is giving its 2 Army Airports to CHINA . Naxals already a threat inside (funded by China).
Apparently relations are well with China but if that is the case why is China preparing as if they are about to go on war with India? Revenge for TIBET issue? Will USA or RUSSIA will suport india against CHINA ?

Intrestingly Bashar al-Assad asks BRIC nations to end conflict, Syrian army shells Damascus.Sure we have weak leader ship in the count"Today I passed a message from President Bashar al-Assad to President Jacob Zuma, who will preside over the March 26 BRICS summit, on the subject of the situation in Syria," Shaaban said, reached by telephone from Beirut.

"In this message, President Bashar al-Assad asks for intervention by the BRICS to stop the violence in his country and encourage the opening of a dialogue, which he wishes to start

Read more: Bashar al-Assad asks BRIC nations to end conflict, Syrian army shells Damascus | News.com.au

How far ahead of India is China?
India is a decade behind China as far as the basic indicators of income are considered. The picture is far less pretty when we look at social indicators

Your views, thank you.
13 satellites observing indian border????
any links

no smoking

Country flag
In this world, everybody is cool except you, my friend.
The strategy you suggested realy sucks! You make india look like north korea: going nuts for every tiny move of enemy.
NK has nothing else to defend itself while india has a lot!
"If you don't stop your terrorisim acitivities, I will blow millions of Paks and Indians!" Pakistan generals will laugh their ass off.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
The only way India could win a dual front war would be to crush Pakistan quickly. If it couldn't be done in a month the lines against China would be overstretched.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Quite true.

The fear is not China fighting Pakistan;s war which the wise Chinese never did and would not do..

The fear is Pakistan fighting The Chinese war on India which those mercenaries are too eager to do... and which they will do for their existance..

In the event of Chinese trying to help Pakistan during a war, India would cooly manage the Pandas...

The difficulties would arise if the Chinese initiates a war on India and the Pakistanies alos come on Indian Western front with full force.

But I suppose Indians are preparing themselves for that also ...

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
The only way India could win a dual front war would be to crush Pakistan quickly. If it couldn't be done in a month the lines against China would be overstretched.
That is if The Indians initiate the war......

But if both surprise India that is the eventuality for which Indians would like to be prepared for...

Hold one and finish the other.. Then turn back and finish him..

KS

Bye bye DFI
No we are not.

Tianshan

no reason for us to fight india when all our main enemies are in the pacific.

if pakistan insists on fighting india then it can do it alone like before.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
This is one reason why it is still very important to develop a "Cold Start" capability. In the case of such a conflict, it is imperative that India be able to knock Pakistan out of the war as quickly as possible. We need to be able achieve a decisive victory against the Pakistanis in less than two weeks' time, as we did in 1971. If not, we would have to fight a war of attrition in a strategically disadvantaged position on two separate fronts on different sides of the country. The Chinese would undoubtedly try to fight India to the last Pakistani and do all they can to prevent a major Indian victory against Pakistan.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
no reason for us to fight india when all our main enemies are in the pacific.

if pakistan insists on fighting india then it can do it alone like before.
I only hope that the Chinese leadership thinks the same way.

Tianshan

I only hope that the Chinese leadership thinks the same way.
our leaders are not stupid.

if there is going to be a war fought by us in the near future, it will be in the pacific.

the chances of it being with india are nearly zero. do you see chinese on the streets about india? no. but for diaoyutai, taiwan and scs, absolutely.

Last edited:

bose

Country flag
I do not think there is a possibility of an all out war with in India & China in very near future. At present both the countries are are more aligned for economic development and any possibility of war will push both the countries back by 20 years...

BUT !! India must not slow down the development of infrastructure at NE region bordering China, nor there should be any slackness in building the Mountain Strike Corps or any offensive capability that all are planned for implementation.

A strong military capable India will deter any possible Chinese direct involvement along with Pakistan. This is exactly what we want...

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles