Is India developing a new long range missile ?

Lions Of Punjab

Country flag
Last february it was revealed that India is developing a new long range missile Agni -6 with range upto 10,000 Km which can carry 10 nuclear warheads and can strike whole china , japan and russia .
Now news are also there that India is developing a new missile under India's civilian space program . A missile capable of hitting North America and with a range of 15,000 Km .

India Is also working on accurate cruise missiles and miniaturised nuclear warheads .

read more :- idrw.org/?p=21448 (4th and 5th para)

EXPERT

may be, but miniaturized nuclear warheads are really of no use...

AKHAND BHARAT

may be, but miniaturized nuclear warheads are really of no use...
Hey buddy that was startling revelation for me.

Actually miniaturisation of nuke warhead is very complex and difficult process but once achieved it gives tremendous boost to the tactical planning of your defence establishments.

Pakistan is miniaturising her nukes for mainly for three purposes first is to have tactical advantage , secondly it becomes very easy to hide and transport them to scattered locations without much hoopa hoolla to avoid abrupt confiscation by US and lastly it gives you many options regarding the number of platforms from which they can be delivered and this makes it very difficult to detect them at war times but equally raises the risk of conventional weapon mistaken for nuclear weapons.

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
The purpose of miniaturization is to make your warheads small to fit on missiles and to make them even smaller so that you can MIRV it. So that you can fit them on smaller missile right down to artillery shell!!

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Unless your concept of miniaturization is like in electronics that you make Nano chips or something. We are not making nano bombs.

EXPERT

Size does not matter always, if you know how to hit accurately..
YES , you are right but it depends on which country you are hitting to????
like you cant hit Chinese with your so called miniaturised nuke because they too don't retaliate with miniaturised nuke???

EXPERT

Hey buddy that was startling revelation for me.

Actually miniaturisation of nuke warhead is very complex and difficult process but once achieved it gives tremendous boost to the tactical planning of your defence establishments.

Pakistan is miniaturising her nukes for mainly for three purposes first is to have tactical advantage , secondly it becomes very easy to hide and transport them to scattered locations without much hoopa hoolla to avoid abrupt confiscation by US and lastly it gives you many options regarding the number of platforms from which they can be delivered and this makes it very difficult to detect them at war times but equally raises the risk of conventional weapon mistaken for nuclear weapons.
why you need these kind of tactical planning , let me tell you one thing. NUKES are not going to be used , and if they are used than it will take the whole country in impact.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
YES , you are right but it depends on which country you are hitting to????
like you cant hit Chinese with your so called miniaturised nuke because they too don't retaliate with miniaturised nuke???
The target of long range missiles is obvious.

While testing make sure "Nuke tipped and can hit all cities of China"

EXPERT

The purpose of miniaturization is to make your warheads small to fit on missiles and to make them even smaller so that you can MIRV it. So that you can fit them on smaller missile right down to artillery shell!!
let me ask you a question when Chinese fire a small nuclear missile at you , than how you response to it ,,,,,,,,,with a smaller one or with BIGGER ONE.

EXPERT

The target of long range missiles is obvious.

While testing make sure "Nuke tipped and can hit all cities of China"
I didn't get it what you are trying to say, please elaborate ...

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
@EXPERT you have no clue on the subject. I give up.

Last edited by a moderator:

EXPERT

many people here are misunderstanding me , see its not like I am saying tha miniaturized nukes are of no use , but they are no use for india .

A country which has no first use policy ,, means our nukes are only to give answers to CHINA or PAKISTAN .
When they fire small , we have to fire big ?? for maximum impact . that's it ..

EXPERT

@EXPERT you have no clue on the subject. I give up.
what kind of clue do you want, ?? its just a simple discussion , its my way of thinking and that's yours , isn't it .
their is nothing to give up , I am not winning here something . we are just the same brother. and I appreciate your comment...

Last edited by a moderator:

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Miniaturization gives way to MIRV capability which gives a larger probability of a hit when faced with a BMD.

Think... 100 IRBMs with 1 warhead each vs. 100 IRBMs with 10 warheads each = 1000 warheads. Which one do you think will have more probability of hits against BMD?

many people here are misunderstanding me , see its not like I am saying tha miniaturized nukes are of no use , but they are no use for india .

A country which has no first use policy ,, means our nukes are only to give answers to CHINA or PAKISTAN .
When they fire small , we have to fire big ?? for maximum impact . that's it ..

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
what kind of clue do you want, ?? its just a simple discussion , its my way of thinking and that's yours , isn't it .
their is nothing to give up , I am not winning here something . we are just the same brother. and I appreciate your comment...
The first ever bomb the Little boy dropped on Hiroshima weighed over 4 Tons wilt a Yield of about 16Kt. Today stock weapon of the US the W 88 on the Trident SLBM has a yield of 475kt & weighs less than 400kg.

This is what miniaturization of nukes is all about.

Early Indian & Pak nukes Were like the Little Boy & fat man. India had advanced research facilities to build from the 1974 test a then more to missile deliverable warheads, Thanks to Indias super computers we have the benefit of simulation . 1998 tests gave as a lot of data to farther develop our warheads. Thats the reason why We are talking about MIRV.

Pakistan has no such benefit. They exploded ready bombs while India made elaborate test preparations to collect data. All Pak wanted to do was tit for tat. So the reliability of Pak nukes will always be suspect.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk HD

drkrn

The first ever bomb the Little boy dropped on Hiroshima weighed over 4 Tons wilt a Yield of about 16Kt. Today stock weapon of the US the W 88 on the Trident SLBM has a yield of 475kt & weighs less than 400kg.

This is what miniaturization of nukes is all about.

Early Indian & Pak nukes Were like the Little Boy & fat man. India had advanced research facilities to build from the 1974 test a then more to missile deliverable warheads, Thanks to Indias super computers we have the benefit of simulation . 1998 tests gave as a lot of data to farther develop our warheads. Thats the reason why We are talking about MIRV.

Pakistan has no such benefit. They exploded ready bombs while India made elaborate test preparations to collect data. All Pak wanted to do was tit for tat. So the reliability of Pak nukes will always be suspect.

pakistan do not need any super computers.they are made in china nukes:rofl:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
That should actually be a good thing for India. Chinis gave them CHIC-4 designs. 10kt at best. Pak may have miniaturized its nukes but it may not have increased its yield. Pak nukes based on borrowing and stealing not research.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
they took time to do 1998 test because all the instructions were in Chinese, so they took time to translate into Urdu. Heard now a days they are taking help from Google Translator for the same. Wonder if Chinese nukes have self destruct button on it and hoping for Madarsa educated PA to turn it on :rofl:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles