Is Hindi an imposed language in India?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
from 'Veer Vinayak Damodar Savarkar: An Immortal Revolutionary of India', by Bhawan Singh Rana.

@mendosa @Hemu Vikram Aditya (check the para on your favourite warrior, gandhi :D)

P.S. - founder of Arya Samaj, Swami Dayanand Saraswati, wrote his books in chaste Hindi (Samskrutised), and was a very vocal advocate of Samskrutised Hindi as the Raashtrabhaasha. a sample of this kind of original Hindi (not the Hindustani or Hinglish crap), head over to scribd >> Datia Peeth, and check a book or two penned by Datia Swami.

Attachments

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
"Won't Compromise...": BS Yediyurappa After Amit Shah's Hindi Pitch

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/bs-...nnada-after-amit-shahs-push-for-hindi-2101821

... motu's bitch grows a spine and barks back.
This whole drama will bite motu and his masters bad, i can tell you.
Bad move , even non southern states like mine ime even Maharashtra will oppose this. We are proud of our language Marathi
3 language formula is good , alternative is English
This is a good thing. Congrats to him on growing a spine, it's about time the rest of non-hindi states grew some too.

If they want a common on language, teach everyone Sanskrit, or all Indians use a language equally foreign to all of us... English.
All the rest of India mustn't switch to learning a language (that isn't ours) while some 30% northwest Indians get to use their mother tongue.

40-45% of Indians understand Hindi to various degrees because of popularity of Bollywood, that's where to draw the line.

Last edited:

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
This is not a issue in such times when economy is not going as all india people want well it is not even in good times for INDIA TYPE OF NATION.
Being a North Indian or to say precisely MP guy.
I am trying to find a south language teacher.
Problem is which language to study Tamil, kannada or Andhra language?
The above question is based on which language has more compatability with all South languages.
Language must be the least worry for this nation, but I am beginning to think OUR DIKHANE KE LIYE HUM HINDU HAIN MAGAR SACH ME TO HUM ARDH-CONGRESSI HEEN HAI, OUR BJP government ministers are only good in strategic policy making BUT TOTALLY duffer yes duffer in economic policy, since modi government came I am waiting for 8 percent inclusive growth yes you heard right inclusive growth but nooooo, don't know why this government love so much solar or plastic ban.

Last edited:

captscooby81

Country flag
WTF ...Were all here in coma since 2010 . Hindi Diwas celebrations started by UPA and the great Tihar inmate HM even gave speech in Hindi and tried to say Hindi should be learned by everyone . No Hindiimposition than because DMK was UPA alliance and M K Stalin was busy licking the 2G loot from his crooks .DMK only existence is hindi imposition and bloody they are doing this since 1960 and looted crores of peoples money with corruption .

To much DMK stalin daughter run school teaches hindi if so much of pride in his tamil he should stop first teaching hindi in the schools run by DMK part members and trust me there are plenty of schools they run in TN.

AS said mother tongue should be given more importance and along with it people can learn hindi too for communication . He never said learn only hindi and leave your mother tongue . As usual the DMK loonies picked what they wanted and started doing drama and media as usual wanted to create some TRP ..

How come so much drama happens only from TN and not much you hear from neighbouring Andhra and Telangana state who also have another important language . Schools in AP and TG had hindi in their curriculum for so long without making any big fuss like the Dumeelan DMK.

"Won't Compromise...": BS Yediyurappa After Amit Shah's Hindi Pitch

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/bs-...nnada-after-amit-shahs-push-for-hindi-2101821

... motu's bitch grows a spine and barks back.
This whole drama will bite motu and his masters bad, i can tell you.

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Because this...
View attachment 38633 View attachment 38634
I have no problem with that but the jobs going with plastic ban is not good you know.
Besides while using plastic still you can remain clean and safe.
Why taking JOBS? if you are YEARLY ADDING MILLION PEOPLE WHO WANT JOBS.
Here see this
Here another one
https://m.economictimes.com/news/po...-lawyer-harish-salve/articleshow/71168723.cms
Although my lords are responsible for this.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
I have no problem with that but the jobs going with plastic ban is not good you know.
Besides while using plastic still you can remain clean and safe.
Why taking JOBS? if you are YEARLY ADDING MILLION PEOPLE WHO WANT JOBS.
Here see this
Here another one
https://m.economictimes.com/news/po...-lawyer-harish-salve/articleshow/71168723.cms
Although my lords are responsible for this.
Don't compare with them, India is upside down.. We are banning single-use plastics, but if you don't recycle it then multi-use plastic are just the same hazard. And very little plastic in India actually gets recycled... very little of the plastic you've ever thrown away in your whole life have gotten recycled, you know that! Look around you...
IMO the best option is to ban all nonbiodegradable plastic packets, cups, bottles, plates, spoons, straws etc. Permit only biodegradable products and it everyone will shift back to jute, glass, sal-leaves, paper bags etc. if they have to pay extra ₹5 for that after a purchase.

As for as inconvenience or jobs are concerned; the thing is clogging our rivers, choking groundwater seepage, filling our already super-polluted air (garbage burning), water, soil (thus food) with toxic hydrocarbons... Narcotics too is a big industry employing a lot of people & catering to many more, but drugs still gotta be banned, right?

Last edited:

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
Don't compare with them, India is upside down.. We are banning single-use plastics, but if you don't recycle it then multi-use plastic are just the same hazard. And very little plastic in India actually gets recycled... very little of the plastic you've ever thrown away in your whole life have gotten recycled, you know that! Look around you...
IMO the best option is to ban all nonbiodegradable plastic packets, cups, bottles, plates, spoons, straws etc. Permit only biodegradable products and it everyone will shift back to jute, glass, sal-leaves, paper bags etc. if they have to pay extra ₹5 for that after a purchase.

As for as inconvenience or jobs are concerned; the thing is clogging our rivers, choking groundwater seepage, filling our already super-polluted air (garbage burning), water, soil (thus food) with toxic hydrocarbons... Narcotics too is a big industry employing a lot of people & catering to many more, but drugs still gotta be banned, right?
Sir, direction of us should be to japanese way.... anyway what I have seen is people are willing to cooperate but cwhere are the MUNICIPAL dustbins?"people ask.

Longewala

Country flag
WTF ...Were all here in coma since 2010 . Hindi Diwas celebrations started by UPA and the great Tihar inmate HM even gave speech in Hindi and tried to say Hindi should be learned by everyone . No Hindiimposition than because DMK was UPA alliance and M K Stalin was busy licking the 2G loot from his crooks .DMK only existence is hindi imposition and bloody they are doing this since 1960 and looted crores of peoples money with corruption .

To much DMK stalin daughter run school teaches hindi if so much of pride in his tamil he should stop first teaching hindi in the schools run by DMK part members and trust me there are plenty of schools they run in TN.

AS said mother tongue should be given more importance and along with it people can learn hindi too for communication . He never said learn only hindi and leave your mother tongue . As usual the DMK loonies picked what they wanted and started doing drama and media as usual wanted to create some TRP ..

How come so much drama happens only from TN and not much you hear from neighbouring Andhra and Telangana state who also have another important language . Schools in AP and TG had hindi in their curriculum for so long without making any big fuss like the Dumeelan DMK.
What the Tamik chauvinist loonies fail to clarify:
- no one is asking to replace Tamik (or other regional languages) with Hindi
- If they are so unhappy with Hindi "imposition" how come they are happy to speak and learn English. Woh kya periyar ki chachi ka mother tongue hai?
- How come "imposing" a language which the majority of Indians understand is offensive but it perfectly fine to have billboards, bus signs etc in the local Tamik or Kannada language only, in cities where non tamil speakers are a large minority

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag

- If they are so unhappy with Hindi "imposition" how come they are happy to speak and learn English. Woh kya periyar ki chachi ka mother tongue hai?
- How come "imposing" a language which the majority of Indians understand is offensive but it perfectly fine to have billboards, bus signs etc in the local Tamik or Kannada language only, in cities where non tamil speakers are a large minority
Anyone reading this sort of arguments will immediately know that both your mothertongue is Hindi... no non-Hindi speaking Indian, not a single soul, will ever say these.

Anyways, regional language speaker's issue TLDR:
If you want a common on language, teach everyone SANSKRIT, or all Indians use a language equally foreign to all of us... ENGLISH.
All the rest of India mustn't switch to learning a language (that isn't ours) so that some 30% northwest Indians get continue to using their mother tongue.

40-45% of Indians understand spoken Hindi to various degrees, only & only because of popularity of Bollywood, that's where we want the line drawn.
If you are Hindi/Bengali/Xyz speaker in, say Bangalore, then it's you that should learn Kannada & not the other way around.
Bengal's worthless govt should have made Bengali a compulsory 2nd language in schools here too, whatever else can be 3rd lang... Biharis, Marwaris etc. are welcome to come here, but they are not welcome to bring Bihar, Marwar etc. with them.

Last edited:

captscooby81

Country flag
:pound: My mother tongue is Tamil and i never studied Hindi in school .But i speak hindi which i just picked it up from my day to day interactions with others . I also speak telugu and also understand kannada .

Anyone reading this sort of arguments will immediately know that both your mothertongue is Hindi... no non-Hindi speaking Indian, not a single soul, will ever say these.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
:pound: My mother tongue is Tamil and i never studied Hindi in school .But i speak hindi which i just picked it up from my day to day interactions with others . I also speak telugu and also understand kannada .
Really?! Holyfuck!!! Then that's mighty considerate of you to peddle Hindi, dude... But we don't see eye to eye on this.

What's even more irritating is that hindi-speaking people are often not prepared to learn the local language themselves, even when residing in other states.
But they expect THE WHOLE OF REST OF INDIA to learn to read & write their mother tongue Hindi. Why?.. Because many of us can understand or speak it a bit due to popularity of Bollywood movies!!

Last edited:

here2where

AS said mother tongue should be given more importance and along with it people can learn hindi too for communication ..
Communicate with who? With north indians who are coming to south for their interests? Then let them learn our southern languages instead of the other way. And why hindi anyway when it itself is not spoken by a large majority of people.

Most north indians avoid working in Chennai. You must know it has nothing to do with weather/water issues.

If majority of everything determines importance, then our national bird should be crow and national animal should be dog.

Vilander

Country flag
All indian languages are equal. Hindi being the most spoken is first amoung equals and is primary language when one travels outside of a state. What people are against is imposition of hindi as primary language of communication from govt when English does this job quite well. Its simple prefrence and not chauvinism. India can not be made homogenous just by wishing it was. If original research and publications happens in Hindi language and it becomes economically viable language then people and corporations will adopt it and it appears thats what center is trying to do as well. People both pro and against Hindi should not inflame others and make this a your opinion vs mine mud slinging.

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
To those South Indian political bigwigs who are drooling over their vernaculars - which language should we learn to communicate with 80% people of the South? At least in the 'Narth', people understand Hindi. Will a Tamil understand Malyali? Can I speak in Kannada with a Mallu? Can I buy a smoke from a Telugu speaking shopkeeper if I know Malaylam. If the answer to all of the above is No - LEARN HINDI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles