Is Hindi an imposed language in India?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
I get it, I'm just very resentful of my Indian education. I feel like it ruined my childhood by making me slog extra hours, filling notebooks with useless homework assignments and tuition/extra classes. I will not inflict that on my kids no matter what the government decides to make mandatory. They can suck it.
I don't really get the point you're trying to make, could u elaborate a little more.
What would u like to change in the education system.
One think that I can acknowledge about Indian education is that we concentrate most on the theoretical and very little in practical. But even this is the problem in higher classes not at the primary stage.

Rajputra

If you look at people who come from English medium schools from other states, they are generally trilingual. Those from Gujarat can speak Gujarati, Hindi,and English. Those from Maharashtra can speak Marathi, Hindi and English. Those from Punjab can speak Punjabi, Hindi and English. This goes for many other states as well. Then why must the south be an exception? Do we have any less brain cells than North Indians? (I think reverse may be true lol jk).

I am not even suggesting that we in the south should become fluent in Hindi. I am just saying basic practical knowledge of Hindi is required.
> have no history of his own.

> Follows North Indian Religion, Culture , Language and Script.

> Calls North Indians Idiots.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
I don't really get the point you're trying to make, could u elaborate a little more.
What would u like to change in the education system.
One think that I can acknowledge about Indian education is that we concentrate most on the theoretical and very little in practical. But even this is the problem in higher classes not at the primary stage.
It's too stressful bruv. Have you looked at the entrance exams they are making elementary kids take for admissions? Then there is so much pressure from parents to get a good rank in class. Homework assignments for me in India involved just copying lines from the textbook.

I would like the opportunity for my kid to be a kid and have more of an opportunity to do what kids normally do at a young age which is play, spend time in nature, exercise.. Not stay glued to their books.

I can try to elaborate in a separate thread as this is kind of off topic.

IndiaRising

Country flag
any country requires some degree of homogeneity in order for people to better identify as one nation. in india, it remains to be seen how this can be achieved, considering the diverse groups of people, even among those who follow Hinduism. i would prefer there to be a national program in which young people are taught from the beginning about the different cultures of india. for example, take children from maharashtra on a field trip to tamil nadu or vice versa so they can learn about different parts of the country. also, I would prefer for young indians to learn different languages early on in life so they can better identify with other cultures they may not have seen growing up. this creates a more suitable narrative upon which you can build a nationalist identity. forcing a language down people's throat is clearly not going to work.

itsme

Country flag
BTW, Tamil Nadu doesn't have history?? :pound::pound::rofl::rofl:
What you mean only Tamil nadu? Most of the southern states where part of Chola empire, Hoysala empire, Vijaya Nagara empire etc. Even these countries like Cambodia, Thailand script is very similar to Tamil script, cholas had territories there if I am not wrong.

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
What you mean only Tamil nadu? Most of the southern states where part of Chola empire, Hoysala empire, Vijaya Nagara empire etc. Even these countries like Cambodia, Thailand script is very similar to Tamil script, cholas had territories there if I am not wrong.
Correct. Chola empire not only contained south India, but also many parts of South East Asia as well at one point. There was a famous invasion of the city of Kedah in Malaysia by the cholas. This was part of a larger Chola invasion of "Srivijaya", current day Malaysia and Northern Indonesia, starting at 1025 AD. But this did not result in direct rule over these places by the Cholas. The entire invasion was basically a one time raid, and for the establishment of naval dominance in the region.

itsme

Country flag
Correct. Chola empire not only contained south India, but also many parts of South East Asia as well at one point. There was a famous invasion of the city of Kedah in Malaysia by the cholas. This was part of a larger Chola invasion of "Srivijaya", current day Malaysia and Northern Indonesia, starting at 1025 AD. But this did not result in direct rule over these places by the Cholas. The entire invasion was basically a one time raid, and for the establishment of naval dominance in the region.
Nice, do you know where I can find more regarding these raids and about Chola navy. I read somewhere they had a very powerful navy. Would like to know more about their ships.

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
Nice, do you know where I can find more regarding these raids and about Chola navy. I read somewhere they had a very powerful navy. Would like to know more about their ships.
Let me get back to you on that. I'll try to find some good sources apart from Wikipedia.

mendosa

The ban was lifted,Again Dahi Handi was not banned as you said there were several restrictions on it.
http://indianexpress.com/article/in...ams-bengal-bid-to-appease-minorities-3073102/
3 layer Dahi Handi is like saying only kissing is allowed on a honeymoon. Do you understand what a 3 layer Handi is? you can climb on a stool and break the Handi

That's what the courts have 'allowed'. It's a 20feet pyramid, assuming each player to be 5.9ft.

@Project Dharma I don't think the language should be imposed through syllabus. Anyone who travels to another state for work can pick up a new language in 6 months. At least, the transactional bits of it. If he stays longer, he may even become fluent.

I'm against the 'primacy' of any language. Especially Hindi. Hindi is no more 'Indic' than English is. Hindi has its etymology in the language of the invaders. It has Urdu, Farsi nouns, bound together with local glue. Hindi and Hinglish are both vestiges of the invaders and they are nothing but backdoors to their parent languages.

During partition, there was a campaign by Urdu poets and singers association to use Hindi but filter out all Sanskrit origin words and use only Persian and Urdu origin words. In this case, all Sanskrit nouns were flushed out systematically and Hindi became a 'gateway drug' towards learning pure Farsi. The purer Hindi you spoke, the closer it was to Farsi. If Hindi becomes the national language, we face the same risk again. Already Bollywood is using Arab words more frequently, just look at the songs "ishq, khudaya khair, allah maaf kare, blah blah". 'Pure Hindi' as per BJP will be Sanskritized Hindi like what Shaktimaan (Gangadhar) spoke, but this is a slippery slope. Hindi is just a transmission medium and it is very easy for Muslims to flush out the Sanskrit words and turn Hindi into Urdu.

Remember the kind of Hindi spoken by Javed Akhtar. Alfaz, lafz, guftagoo, ulfat, this is the risk in promoting Hindi. Imposition of Hindi was responsible for the partition of India because it was the facilitating bridge between the invaders and the locals. It smudged the ideological divide between separatist Muslims and nationalist Hindus because they both spoke the same language so the Taquiyya was cloaked.

There's big money involved in promoting Hindi because it has common words from Islamic vocabulary, Bollywood loves it. It makes Bollywood movies more acceptable in Muslim nations, this increases profit. I learned Hindi as a co-incidence, I may learn another language if I go to another state. It's just a tool in the arsenal, I don't want it to be the only tool or the most important tool, and I certainly don't want the government to decide it.

At the same time, there is a certain nuance that even South Indian's are missing. Hindi is portrayed as the 'language of the north' but if you look carefully, which northern community considers Hindi as their language? Those in Bihar have Maithili, Bhojpuri. Those in Punjab have Punjabi, Haryana has Haryanvi. UP has Awadhi, Khariboli etc. Who has Hindi is their original language? none. So where is this filth coming from? It is Urdu trying to raise its ugly head again.

Untitled.png

Not many people know that in 1989 Urdu was made the official language of UP. UP is the one which contributes most MPs, MLAs and RajyaSabha seats, UP is the one which has been dominating the Indian scene since independence. Even Nehru was from UP. That retard had to undertake a train journey to the rest of India to 'discover' the real India beyond the jihadi heartland of UP that he was born in.

UP has given 8 of India's 14 prime ministers and this is an Urdu speaking state trying to impose Urdu through the backdoor in the name of Hindi. The BJP is trying to appease the UP filth to consolidate their position in 2019. Let them do it, even I want them to win in 2019, but don't get carried away with their narrative that Hindi is a nationalist language. It's just 'Urdu for Dummies 101'.

square

Strategic Issues
How can anyone even ban Durga Puja how is this possible, I have been in Bengal for 15 years and never heard of this.
Can I get link please.
lots of false flag here !
they just spit what they were feed !!

square

Strategic Issues
I am from Tamil Nadu and I have traveled all over India and Lived in Delhi for a few yeas. I can say without a doubt that without basic knowledge of Hindi, life would be completely impractical in any place north of the deccan. Even when I go to Bangalore, I use Hindi to communicate there with auto drivers and waiters, as it is more widely known there than either English or Tamil. I am proud of Tamil language and culture, and I think we must do a lot to promote it, but every Indian should have at least a basic grasp of Hindi so that he can manage anywhere in the country.

It is impractical to expect most people in TN to speak Hindi fluently, but a beginner level working knowledge of Hindi is realistic and necessary.
well said , even i am of the opinion that communication is the main and the only perpose of language....how could a sign board writen in telgu can distroy culture in maharastra is only in the minds of politicians or isi !!

mendosa

How can anyone even ban Durga Puja how is this possible, I have been in Bengal for 15 years and never heard of this.
Can I get link please.

300 Hindu families unable to perform Durga puja in Bengal's Kanglapahari village after opposition by 25 Muslim families

In the end, the court had to intervene to get the ban removed, but the ban was real. The important thing here is that the nationalist government did nothing, but they were busy patting themselves on the back for promoting Hindi, when this was happening.

Calcutta HC lifts Puja curbs, slams Bengal ‘bid to appease minorities’

square

Strategic Issues
300 Hindu families unable to perform Durga puja in Bengal's Kanglapahari village after opposition by 25 Muslim families

In the end, the court had to intervene to get the ban removed, but the ban was real. The important thing here is that the nationalist government did nothing, but they were busy patting themselves on the back for promoting Hindi, when this was happening.

Calcutta HC lifts Puja curbs, slams Bengal ‘bid to appease minorities’
and you think this one incident related to law & order is enough to became a tool for propoganda ?

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Hindi is not even a real language. It is just a make shift transactional amalgamation created by the invaders and traders to interact with the local Indian population, mixed with bastardized Urdu, Farsi, Sanskrit words and still people make a big deal out of it.

This dilemma appears in Naturam Godse's final letter written just before shooting Gandhi where he brushes upon Gandhi's agenda to impose 'Hindustani' on India to whitewash all other languages.

Here's an excerpt from the letter :
Language ALWAYS evolve.Even Sanskrit evolved from Prakrut ie. प्राकृत

Hindi has evolved and in today globalization lot of languages have the words which are from other language/countries.

The "Hindi" of today is not just a mix of Sanskrit,Urdu words but lot of English words as well.Why we mix different language? I guess it's simple that in all language there are some easy and tough to pronounce words and we often go towards easy one and making a mix. Just try to speak few words without using Urdu/English words.

In other countries Hindi/urdu words have been included in their dictionary for example Britain since they have large number of people from Indian Subcontinent.

It's rather ironical that some people in India have problem with Hindi/Sanskrit but show allegiance towards English.Language war in India is useless and only insecure regional parties with vested interests make a fight out of it.

MrPresident

Country flag
> have no history of his own.

> Follows North Indian Religion, Culture , Language and Script.

> Calls North Indians Idiots.
lol Dude I have seen many of ur post and it truly sounds like ur that Jerk who thinks he is above all with false sense of superiority complex. I have no qualms abt u being a proud of ur heritage. learn to respect others as well.

Hello good morning, Smell some coffee yet? Ok Kannada, Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam are among the oldest languages of the WORLD. Get that fact right calling south Indians without heritage is like a calling a tree rootless.

Above all be proud to be an Indian. Looks like you are trying to create bad blood between people of north and south INDIA.

square

Strategic Issues
lol Dude I have seen many of ur post and it truly sounds like ur that Jerk who thinks he is above all with false sense of superiority complex. I have no qualms abt u being a proud of ur heritage.
proud of haritage ?....which one ?.... red fort ?

mendosa

Language ALWAYS evolve.Even Sanskrit evolved from Prakrut ie. प्राकृत

Hindi has evolved and in today globalization lot of languages have the words which are from other language/countries.

The "Hindi" of today is not just a mix of Sanskrit,Urdu words but lot of English words as well.Why we mix different language? I guess it's simple that in all language there are some easy and tough to pronounce words and we often go towards easy one and making a mix. Just try to speak few words without using Urdu/English words.

In other countries Hindi/urdu words have been included in their dictionary for example Britain since they have large number of people from Indian Subcontinent.

It's rather ironical that some people in India have problem with Hindi/Sanskrit but show allegiance towards English.Language war in India is useless and only insecure regional parties with vested interests make a fight out of it.
Everything you say is correct, but let the languages evolve and mix at their natural pace. What is the need for government to politically push for the 'primacy' of one language? especially MEA?

Even a tiny nation of Israel has several languages : Hebrew, Arabic, Yiddish, Amharic, Ladino, Marathi. There are several appeals even in Israel but the government refuses to take sides to promote the primacy of any language.

Language homogeneity is not for governments to promote. If a tiny nation like Israel cannot achieve homogeneity, then doing that in India is a fool's errand. Let's say that they even succeed in establishing the primacy of one language, what dividends does the nation get from it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles