Is Hindi an imposed language in India?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
sorry for reviving this dead thread, this is ongoing debate of "hindu Imposing" for last few years now.
and Mods should stick this Thread now.

@Bornubus

I am a Western Indian from Saurastra Region of Gujarat. and we speak gujarati here.

we have no problem in Learning Hindi and even illiterate Gujjus can speak is clearly thanks to Bollywood. even it's is a Compulsory subject here til std. 10. also Hindi is an Indo-Aryan language like Gujarati so common heritage also helps us.

why we speak Hindi, we speak it with Gujarati Lone words like Punjabis, Marathis and Rajastanis.

I believe Hindi should be Priority for North Indians now. because of our shared Culture and History. (Kashmir to Maha, Guj to Assam) if south Indians dont want Hindi than it's okay.

but I am a Brahmmin so I like Sanskrit more than any other Language and i hope Gov. one day try to Patronize Sanskrit in at last North Indian States. :p
Hindi is not my mother tongue but since i lived in Army Cantts for most of my life and studied in APS and KVs i am good in hindi along with Grammer.

k murali

Yes, But they were for language based states, not against Hindi. Even when Madras was huge state, anti-Hindi environment were brewing up only in Tamil majority districts. The Telugu, Kannada and Malayalam speaking districts of Madras had no effect of it.
Which state did you study? Were you educated in CBSE school? Becausw you do not know history of Tamil Nadu.

Agittation iun TN was AGAINST Hindi imposition. These agitations were called "ANTI-HINDI Agitation",

This is what forme4 CM Annadurai said:

Speaking at a Public Meeting on April 29, 1963 at Chennai Marina (Madras Marina) organized to oppose Hindi becoming the official language of India from January 26, 1965, Annadurai said,

"We will go to every part of Tamil Nadu and tell the people that Hindi is coming and that it is like a thunder strike on the heads of Tamil and Dravidian people
You want to know full details of anti-hindi agitations bwrween 1938 and 1968

History: A Chronology of Anti-Hindi Agitations in Tamil Nadu and What the Future Holds
http://www.tamiltribune.com/03/0101-anti-hindi-agitation-history.html

VaghaDeva

sum gai
sorry for reviving this dead thread, this is ongoing debate of "hindu Imposing" for last few years now.
and Mods should stick this Thread now.

@Bornubus

I am a Western Indian from Saurastra Region of Gujarat. and we speak gujarati here.

we have no problem in Learning Hindi and even illiterate Gujjus can speak is clearly thanks to Bollywood. even it's is a Compulsory subject here til std. 10. also Hindi is an Indo-Aryan language like Gujarati so common heritage also helps us.

why we speak Hindi, we speak it with Gujarati Lone words like Punjabis, Marathis and Rajastanis.

I believe Hindi should be Priority for North Indians now. because of our shared Culture and History. (Kashmir to Maha, Guj to Assam) if south Indians dont want Hindi than it's okay.

but I am a Brahmmin so I like Sanskrit more than any other Language and i hope Gov. one day try to Patronize Sanskrit in at last North Indian States. :p
You must be a Patel or some kind of Rajput I think I knew this one gujju from middle school named Chandravanshi

I'm a Tuluva born in Mumbai but my parents were also born in Mumbai and speak fluent Hindi and along with Bombay Tulu dialect but that doesn't make them less tuluva
There's actually this one village in Karnataka that speaks Sanskrit if minorites don't want to speak Hindi they can at least speak Sanskrit
http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2014-11-23/news/56385155_1_sanskrit-village-mattur

Dark Soul

Tihar Jail
Banned
Hindi is not my mother tongue but since i lived in Army Cantts for most of my life and studied in APS and KVs i am good in hindi along with Grammer.
we Need Hindi bhai, we need a unifying Language other wise we will loose more provinces in Future. Hindi is India and India is Hindi.

that's why we used to say "Hindi, Hindu, Hindustan tod ke rahange Pakistan."

best solution for us is
1) Promote Hindi over English (like Franch, Japanese,Chinese, koreans,etc etc.)
2) make Hindi compulsory Language in Schools with regional language.

it's just people of Metros who love to suckup to their Masters, we pople from Tier 2-3 cities and Villages have no inferiority Complex. i am a Gujarati Brahmin and i used Hindi to communicate with indians of other regions when i traveled in other parts of India.

Trust me bro everybody knows Hindi in North India. (i believe) at last 95% to 98% Indians Clearly know Hindi but they hide it to show some kind of superiority.

Japanese for Japan
Franch for France
Chinese (M.) for China
Russian for Russia
Hindi for India.

if south Indian people don't want Hindi than it's okay for me. but hindi should be compulsory for Every North Indian State.

From Kashmir to Maharastra, from Gujarat to Assam. one Language, one Nation one Race/People

Dark Soul

Tihar Jail
Banned
You must be a Patel or some kind of Rajput I think I knew this one gujju from middle school named Chandravanshi

I'm a Tuluva born in Mumbai but my parents were also born in Mumbai and speak fluent Hindi and along with Bombay Tulu dialect but that doesn't make them less tuluva
There's actually this one village in Karnataka that speaks Sanskrit if minorites don't want to speak Hindi they can at least speak Sanskrit
http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2014-11-23/news/56385155_1_sanskrit-village-mattur
1) nope Brahmin from Gujarat part of Punjabi/Hariyanvi Brahmin Clan. :)

2) sanskrit is not coming back bro because we are not Isreal. best solution is use Pure Hindi.

Dark Soul

Tihar Jail
Banned
Which state did you study? Were you educated in CBSE school? Becausw you do not know history of Tamil Nadu.

Agittation iun TN was AGAINST Hindi imposition. These agitations were called "ANTI-HINDI Agitation",

This is what forme4 CM Annadurai said:

Speaking at a Public Meeting on April 29, 1963 at Chennai Marina (Madras Marina) organized to oppose Hindi becoming the official language of India from January 26, 1965, Annadurai said,

"We will go to every part of Tamil Nadu and tell the people that Hindi is coming and that it is like a thunder strike on the heads of Tamil and Dravidian people
You want to know full details of anti-hindi agitations bwrween 1938 and 1968

History: A Chronology of Anti-Hindi Agitations in Tamil Nadu and What the Future Holds
http://www.tamiltribune.com/03/0101-anti-hindi-agitation-history.html
that's why i said if south Indians don't want to learn Hindi it's okay but we Culturally north Indians should learn it compulsory.

AnantS

Country flag
I would call hindi as trades man language. I would prioritise it after MT.

In our modern age i wish Sanskrit as 1st lang, 2nd is mother tongue, 3rd Hindi and final any foreign language.
I would rather want that students of India should have option of studying at least one more regional Indian language other than their own regional eg Malayalam , Telugu, Kannada in North would be good option. But our skooling system is fcked that these only breed mugging rats scared of marks(including us). Students are already overburdened with lot of subjects in curriculum. In a state, student typically ends learning three languages. Anybody who introduces 4th in their syllabus will earn skool kids wrath :D. There has to be fun way of learning language without sword of marks hanging.
(I treated all languages equally at school. I was equally bad at all three. Language teachers at least were united in criticism of me :D)

k murali

Teach just 2 languages in school as most countries do. State language and English. English for communication outside the state whether it is Uththar Pradesh or Congo or UK.

If you go to live out of state, learn the local language whether Marathi or German or Japanese.

k murali

Teach just 2 languages in school as most countries do. State language and English. English for communication outside the state whether it is Uththar Pradesh or Congo or UK.

If you go to live out of state, learn the local language whether Marathi or German or Japanese.

Dark Soul

Tihar Jail
Banned

why should we choose English over our own language ?

i know people in south have some king of inferiority complex and you guys like to speak English everywhere you go. but please we don't want to prove anything to whites also, we take Extreme Pride in our indo-Aryan Languages and culture.

Russians from Caucasus, E. Asia and Moscow use only Russian to communicate with each other not English. same goes for Chinese and Japanese.

if u want English than it's okay just don't drag us with you. Hindi is okay for us. go worship your White Masters, maybe they will accept you as their own.

Maybe... :)

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
why should we choose English over our own language ?

i know people in south have some king of inferiority complex and you guys like to speak English everywhere you go. but please we don't want to prove anything to whites also, we take Extreme Pride in our indo-Aryan Languages and culture.

Russians from Caucasus, E. Asia and Moscow use only Russian to communicate with each other not English. same goes for Chinese and Japanese.

if u want English than it's okay just don't drag us with you. Hindi is okay for us. go worship your White Masters, maybe they will accept you as their own.

Maybe... :)
Gho bharship yar bhite master!!

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag
well said. That represents most of the south Indians. I believe Hindi is little over imposed, should have left it with out naming it as national language. Anyway Hindi is a common medium required for communication with rest of the India. We cant deny its importance, that is fact. But shouldn't have declared as national language giving right to majority Hindi speaking people, question to those who cant that "Hindi is a National language, its shame that you cant speak". I personally have problem with this part as I heard many times saying it to my colleagues as a insult or behind there back. I respect Hindi language as it is one of my language after my MT.
Another "assumption". Do u know that India has 28 national languages?
Its only Hindi and English that have official languages status. This is not the first time I am educating this to a Northerner sadly. Another thing is, though I am a tamil most common thing all northerners ask people from Andhra, Kannada guys are whether u guys speak tamil?

Call it arrogance or stupid education they have no idea of what India is.

AbRaj

Country flag
Another "assumption". Do u know that India has 28 national languages?
Its only Hindi and English that have official languages status. This is not the first time I am educating this to a Northerner sadly. Another thing is, though I am a tamil most common thing all northerners ask people from Andhra, Kannada guys are whether u guys speak tamil?

Call it arrogance or stupid education they have no idea of what India is.
True, I used to ask same question to my friend who is a malayali:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

not due to arrogance or anything but we are not aware of cultural diversity in South
Btw he is a very nice guy currently doing MD Medicine in my home town in UP:biggrin2:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
yes, Hindi is nothing more than a Simplified Sanskrit. even Rajput ruler and G/P rulers used to speak it before Islam came to North India.

you can say that,

Hindi + Arabic/Persian/Turkish = Urdu

Hindi + Sanskrit = pure Hindi

let's Invite other senior members here

@PARIKRAMA @abingdonboy @VaghaDeva @Indx TechStyle @sayareakd sirs please share your views here.
If go by sense, whatever be the Sanskrit base or not (it isn't spoken anymore), India needs a language to unite entire Nation to communicate with each other.
English is a western language, obviously, an indigenous language must have priority.
But it's completely nonsense about imposition of Hindi language.
Nation selects a language and learn that for talking with others.
If Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam etc. would be India's National Language, I won't have any objection in learning them.
Only one language could be chosen to unite everyone at all.
And they a selected one finally. Simple.
Why people make mountain out of mole over such issues. I can't understand. :confused1:

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag
True, I used to ask same question to my friend who is a malayali:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

not due to arrogance or anything but we are not aware of cultural diversity in South
Btw he is a very nice guy currently doing MD Medicine in my home town in UP:biggrin2:
You see we are quite used to it :D But its basically 3rd standard social studies syllabus that different states speak different language. Educating an 25 year old is hardly pleasing.
When we are aware of cultural diversity of north, we expect them to know ours. Another complaint I have heard is Chennai doesnt speak Hindi. If you are in Chennai, you should learn Tamil. Simple as that. Also learning Tamil helps you to survive in all 4 SI states to be honest.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
You see we are quite used to it :D But its basically 3rd standard social studies syllabus that different states speak different language. Educating an 25 year old is hardly pleasing.
When we are aware of cultural diversity of north, we expect them to know ours. Another complaint I have heard is Chennai doesnt speak Hindi. If you are in Chennai, you should learn Tamil. Simple as that. Also learning Tamil helps you to survive in all 4 SI states to be honest.
Obviously, we would speak regional language in any region.
But ever watched US or UK? Entire country looks homogeneous because of language.
We adopted Hindi not for imposition, for connecting. If Tamil was selected for that, I also see no harm in learning Tamil. Connect the Nation. :india2:

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
yes hindi should be withdraw and from tomorrow we will speak arbi or urdu. Right to speech and religion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles