Is Finland Really Getting Ready For War With Russia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sob

Mod
Country flag
@jouni @apple the thread has gone through lot of twists and turns.

Could you post some current news from Finnish papers ( in English) on the current tensions between Russia and Finland, especially after the NATO Arctic Challenge exercises.

flyingarg

@Razor @pmaitra . its not a gov intiative. but yes you might see a few american flags on special american holidays.

But you have put things in perspective. America helped finland with a lot of aid in the early years. Finns generally are very shy and modest. More like the silent kid in the class. But when you make a finnish friend you can be assured that it will last a lifetime. They do not forget their debts. In retrospect, look at pakistan.

So yeah, a few flags by private enterprises. makes complete sense here.

jouni

Could you post some current news from Finnish papers ( in English) on the current tensions between Russia and Finland, especially after the NATO Arctic Challenge exercises.
There is no real tension, only yellow papers try to sell with articles about Putin etc. We just started 10000 strong military exercises close to Russian border to test our new doctrine. I was last weekend at St.Petersburg and all Russians we met regarded us as friends, the same with us, we call them friends. Only we oppose the politics and annexation of Crimea and intervention in Ukraine...

There is not going to be a war between us.. regarding the new land warfare doctrine, all interviews from the exercises has been positive: everybody like the new doctrine, with active engaging to the enemy and then dissappearing...

Everybody is happy now after our army reform is ready, we dropped the army strenght from 350000 to 220000 ( plus reserve, total 900 000 ) and gave everybody the best equipment, nlaw, A6, stinger... Now troops for the first time exercise in large scale. Our Panzer brigade plays Russia and attacks and the rest try to defend. In few days we will see what happens.

I cannot even find proper articles in english...in the videos you can see the terrain: thick forrest and lakes and bogs... a hell for invader.

http://www.hs.fi/kotimaa/a1433126807851

Reactions: sob

jouni

Coming back to the Civil War, no one forced the Finnish Nazi sympathizers to carry out pogroms, imprisonments, executions, and general persecution of those Finns who wanted closer ties with Soviet Russia. Finland today tries to portray a very peaceful appearance, but this peaceful appearance comes after a very bloody campaign to wipe out all opposing voices within Finland.
Well, this is how it works. When you want to get foreign power out of your country, saying please is not always enough... maybe you should have tried this with the Brits, so you would not have to swallow in self pity 250 years later...

After visiting Russia so many times lately, I think that some Russians when they come to Finland, see what Russia might have been if not for Communism and current Kleptocracy... Finland is like a mirror to Russia and vice versa.

jouni

@Razor @pmaitra . its not a gov intiative. but yes you might see a few american flags on special american holidays.

But you have put things in perspective. America helped finland with a lot of aid in the early years. Finns generally are very shy and modest. More like the silent kid in the class. But when you make a finnish friend you can be assured that it will last a lifetime. They do not forget their debts. In retrospect, look at pakistan.

So yeah, a few flags by private enterprises. makes complete sense here.
So how do you like Finnish summer? Is it too cold for you? How about the white nights and midnight sun? Can you sleep? Do you like the blond Finnish girls? You know that they say that the most beautiful girls are at Turku.

jouni

:rofl: Its funny that allies(Aussies) and axis(Finns) are talking about how they saved the world from communism together . no wonder they support the neonazis of Ukraine. Hypocrites
I agree with you that communism was the smaller evil. Well, once more thank you for America for saving Europe from itself... and two times, or even three. Two world wars and the cold war.

flyingarg

So how do you like Finnish summer? Is it too cold for you? How about the white nights and midnight sun? Can you sleep? Do you like the blond Finnish girls? You know that they say that the most beautiful girls are at Turku.
Sitting by the river with my wife, friends and a few cans of bear... summer could not be more beautiful... :biggrin2:..

Women here are indeed beautiful :yo::yo:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
I agree with you that communism was the smaller evil. Well, once more thank you for America for saving Europe from itself... and two times, or even three. Two world wars and the cold war.
Of course you would. Any self respecting person would take offence to being called a hypocrite

pmaitra

Well, this is how it works. When you want to get foreign power out of your country, saying please is not always enough... maybe you should have tried this with the Brits, so you would not have to swallow in self pity 250 years later...

After visiting Russia so many times lately, I think that some Russians when they come to Finland, see what Russia might have been if not for Communism and current Kleptocracy... Finland is like a mirror to Russia and vice versa.
You don't speak for all Russians, and I doubt Russians envy Finland's situation.

apple

I'm not a big reader of the Finnish press. My main exposure to it would be while standing in lines at stores, so I could tell you stuff like which Finnish celebrity has dyed their hair red or who's lost weight quickly after giving birth.

This being said Finland's been prepared for war with Russia since 1917. And Finland's a serious, Protestant, country. When they say they are prepared they really, really are.

Communism with tweeks is not that bad. China is a good example. And do not bring in the argument against communism saying people are oppressed, few are rich, corruption is rampant... etc etc... it there everywhere. even in democracy. irrespective of ideology concentration of wealth with in a few select is inevitible if not controlled.
And come on, it was never about ideology. You just wanted to take down an opponent. And do not even get me started on the collatoral damages both russia and usa left behind.
Enjoyed your earlier comments as they brought to the thread some balance and lowered the level of bullshit some Indians seem to need to pour over those who have issues with Russia.

But, I don't agree with any of your opinions. I have no desire to engage in discussion with you, rather I'll just correct some of the more fradulent bullshit statements that come out of your self important lying moth.

Every university has a 4th of july brunch with burgers and fries, with the flags and every thing...
Bullshit.

You were at every university in Finland last Fourth of July? Given that'd be in the middle of summer holidays I'd be very surprised if any Finnish university organised anything and even if they did it wouldn't mean anything.

America helped finland with a lot of aid in the early years.
Bullshit.

Which aid, when? Finnish communists specifically refused to accept the Marshall Plan as they considered it some capitalist scheme. Finland's not some third world shithole that need foreign aid to provide toilets for all it citizens.

As an aside, as I've mentioned Finnish communists, Finland and the Soviet Union, post World War 2, enjoyed the kind of relationship, with mutual respect, this forum's Russophiles can only dream about. While this forums Russophile's, and in particular a certain mod who's surname might be Maitra, don't know their Groucho from their Karl and discussion of this subject is pointless here, outside of countries tainted by Lenin and other Russian moron's bullshit, Marx, and more particularly Weber's, ideas are founding principles of modern Western capitalism.

:rofl: Its funny that allies(Aussies) and axis(Finns) are talking about how they saved the world from communism together . no wonder they support the neonazis of Ukraine. Hypocrites
Where has any Finn talked about saving the world from Communism in this thread?

Presume you are referring to Jouni's post were he mentioned the Finnish Civil War when you were talking crap about how unlike India (and seriously do even understand Indian history?) Finland never had to fight for its independence-

Tip for you, Gunga Din, number 3 in this thread, Your Russian Nationalist heroes are big fans of Mannerheim and consider him one of their own and would have liked to seen him get more vicious with Communists.

I, sort of take it back a bit about you being very, very stupid Mad Indian. I saw your comments on diabetes and you seem to have to have some kind of knowledge of something.

But you are, very, very stupid to keep posting comments about Finland when have zero knowledge on it. Even more stupid is for someone that seems to be a fan of Russia, you have no that either[/USER]

Last edited:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
I'm not a big reader of the Finnish press. My main exposure to it would be while standing in lines at stores, so I could tell you stuff like which Finnish celebrity has dyed their hair red or who's lost weight quickly after giving birth.

This being said Finland's been prepared for war with Russia since 1917. And Finland's a serious, Protestant, country. When they say they are prepared they really, really are.

Enjoyed your earlier comments as they brought to the thread some balance and lowered the level of bullshit some Indians seem to need to pour over those who have issues with Russia.

But, I don't agree with any of your opinions. I have no desire to engage in discussion with you, rather I'll just correct some of the more fradulent bullshit statements that come out of your self important lying moth.

Bullshit.

You were at every university in Finland last Fourth of July? Given that'd be in the middle of summer holidays I'd be very surprised if any Finnish university organised anything and even if they did it wouldn't mean anything.

Bullshit.

Which aid, when? Finnish communists specifically refused to accept the Marshall Plan as they considered it some capitalist scheme. Finland's not some third world shithole that need foreign aid to provide toilets for all it citizens.

As an aside, as I've mentioned Finnish communists, Finland and the Soviet Union, post World War 2, enjoyed the kind of relationship, with mutual respect, this forum's Russophiles can only dream about. While this forums Russophile's, and in particular a certain mod who's surname might be Maitra, don't know their Groucho from their Karl and discussion of this subject is pointless here, outside of countries tainted by Lenin and other Russian moron's bullshit, Marx, and more particularly Weber's, ideas are founding principles of modern Western capitalism.

Where has any Finn talked about saving the world from Communism in this thread?

Presume you are referring to Jouni's post were he mentioned the Finnish Civil War when you were talking crap about how unlike India (and seriously do even understand Indian history?) Finland never had to fight for its independence-

Tip for you, Gunga Din, number 3 in this thread, Your Russian Nationalist heroes are big fans of Mannerheim and consider him one of their own and would have liked to seen him get more vicious with Communists.

I, sort of take it back a bit about you being very, very stupid Mad Indian. I saw your comments on diabetes and you seem to have to have some kind of knowledge of something.

But you are, very, very stupid to keep posting comments about Finland when have zero knowledge on it. Even more stupid is for someone that seems to be a fan of Russia, you have no that either[/USER]
:bplease:

I don't need to get any certificates from US puppies on how intelligent I am. May be when you guys have a concept of sovereignty we will take your claims of communism dictatorships and saving the world seriously. Till then you are all a bunch of hypocritical clowns talking about nonsense on democracy all the while engaging with neonazis and dictatorships.

And stop being a moron. I am neither a fan of Russia nor USSR. To me both of you are two sides of the same coin and both deserve contempt whenever you take a moral high stand

apple

:bplease:

I don't need to get any certificates from US puppies on how intelligent I am. May be when you guys have a concept of sovereignty we will take your claims of communism dictatorships and saving the world seriously. Till then you are all a bunch of hypocritical clowns talking about nonsense on democracy all the while engaging with neonazis and dictatorships.
You can't get over your slave mentality, can you? Gunga Din

Do you have dreams about Putin tying you up naked and spanking you while you scream "Harder Sahib Putin, harder"

I am neither a fan of Russia nor USSR.
Good to hear.

jouni

I like your comment about mutual respect. That seems pretty hard for our Indian friends to understand. I do not blame them, like Baltic states they look every issues through the glasses tainted by either colonization or occupation. Respect is absent from there.

Armistice has been signed. Russian and Finnish officers compare time from their watches

Last edited:

jouni

Aurinko kun päätti retken, siskoistaan jäi jälkeen hetken...päivänsäde viimeinen.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
You can't get over your slave mentality, can you? Gunga Din

Do you have dreams about Putin tying you up naked and spanking you while you scream "Harder Sahib Putin, harder"

Good to hear.

Is this what you were doing being the personal bitch of USA? Scream like a bitch when it screws you? Then again I am talking to a proud bitch which is proud of being USA's call girl :bplease:

Is that why you think everyone around the world must be shameless bitches like Aussies to ass lick USA every time or they must belong with Russia? Moron. Do you also take your initials and last name after Americans too since you seem too eager to be american bitches? Go be a good puppy now :bplease::pound::lawl::hippo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles