Is Finland Really Getting Ready For War With Russia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyingarg

Ohkay!! You are trying to brew Utopia...Try Alchemy..that would be simpler than brewing Utopia
Different nations have different economic model on which living standards would be based

Ground reality.. finland today has better standard of living than russia.

Also seeing your utter paranoia of euro union i am guessing you have seen some videos of the baltic wars. Well that and similar videos concerned me too. However the economy here has somehow been able to keep the old pro labor laws even after joining EU and also has kept(or really slowed the takeover) foreign businesses from canibalising local markets. This can be seen in the low rich-poor gap here.

So i have to disagree with your rant on living standards or EU membership.

NATO however is a different ball game.

@juoni, Olen opiskelija turussa.. hope that translation is correct

sorcerer

Country flag

I am not pressing my point about the Living standards. I was talking about the NATO alliance.
Living standard depends on economic model and external inferences period

I am not paranoid about Euro these people are why should I?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-183014/Voters-quit-EU-lose-power.html

I said because NATO is a concept, there is no point in toeing it up with concept like Eurozone and forcing it into the lives across the border.
and
NATO is a different ball game, I agree. And the world is watching the ball game: US vs Russia the playground being Europe.

flyingarg

I said because NATO is a concept, there is no point in toeing it up with concept like Eurozone and forcing it into the lives across the border.
I did not understand this bit of the comment. would you eloborate ?

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Nice try.
What's the point of bringing Indian history into this, Mr. Joni
What I said hurt you didn't it. :D
:bounce:Awesome reply bro. Loved it:pound:

You should have touched some pretty deep nerves there

sorcerer

Country flag
I did not understand this bit of the comment. would you eloborate ?
Okay..if you click 1 page back you will read my replies to @jouni, where Jouni compared the NATO and Living standards in NATO.
Then @jouni was looking across the border to Russia in the same breathe

Thats how the NATO and "Living standards" ended up in an awkward position.

My argument was NATO is not about Living standards but purely about War.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
:bounce:Awesome reply bro. Loved it:pound:

You should have touched some pretty deep nerves there
That joni guy is like a sensitive child.
Notice that in most of the discussions his tactic to shield finnland is to prop up india, even though india has nothing to do with the thread.
But you can't have an intellectual discussion with jouni, tried many times in the early days when he was a new member here. Waste of time, it was.
:D

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
That joni guy is like a sensitive child.
Notice that in most of the discussions his tactic to shield finnland is to prop up india, even though india has nothing to do with the thread.
But you can't have an intellectual discussion with jouni, tried many times in the early days when he was a new member here. Waste of time, it was.
:D

I hear you bro. And I dont know how that genius thinks that two centuries of subjugation of Indians under British compare to the millennia of Finns living under Swedish boots or Russian boots?

May be thinking himself to be a Viking solves his identity problems?:rofl:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
I hear you bro. And I dont know how that genius thinks that two centuries of subjugation of Indians under British compare to the millennia of Finns living under Swedish boots or Russian boots?

May be thinking himself to be a Viking solves his identity problems?:rofl:
Oh, so you have read those ridiculous threads were joni was spewing his stories of how his Finns are vikings (Reality: Finns are not vikings, North germanic tribes are) and how his fins discovered americas, russia and one other country (which i can't remember now.)
:rofl:
Those were fun days. Ahhhh

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Oh, so you have read those ridiculous threads were joni was spewing his stories of how his Finns are vikings (Reality: Finns are not vikings, North germanic tribes are) and how his fins discovered americas, russia and one other country (which i can't remember now.)
:rofl:
Those were fun days. Ahhhh

How could I not read them dude? They were more entertaining to watch than his crap that Finland could single handedly beat down Russia if he wanted :rofl:

jouni

@Razor, @Mad Indian. I am happy that you have taken interest to Finnish history. Opening horizons is always good, after that it is easier to put own homeland to perspective.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
@Razor, @Mad Indian. I am happy that you have taken interest to Finnish history. Opening horizons is always good, after that it is easier to put own homeland to perspective.
Actually we are more interested in reading your fairy tales of How finns discovered and colonised the South American continent. Pls give us more of such fairy tales, sorry history

jouni

Actually we are more interested in reading your fairy tales of How finns discovered and colonised the South American continent. Pls give us more of such fairy tales, sorry history
You mean antarctica? What especially you wanna know?

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
You mean antarctica? What especially you wanna know?

No I mean South America. I want your tales about how Finns were the first colonisers of SA and then Spain came and you guys decided to donate that land to poor Spaniards out of pity

jouni

Also seeing your utter paranoia of euro union i am guessing you have seen some videos of the baltic wars. Well that and similar videos concerned me too. However the economy here has somehow been able to keep the old pro labor laws even after joining EU and also has kept(or really slowed the takeover) foreign businesses from canibalising local markets. This can be seen in the low rich-poor gap here.

So i have to disagree with your rant on living standards or EU membership.

I hope you like Turku, old capital of Finland. Enjoy Finnish summer and especially beautiful Turku archipelago!

Last edited:

pmaitra

Is there any relationship between Finland's possible NATO membership and living standards?

If there is any link, it is remote. NATO membership has enabled Germany and France to focus on building up their economies without having to invest in defence. Their defence needs came at the cost of US loaned money, but it came with another cost of their own - European countries had to tag along the US and go around the world invading countries, thus, submitting their sovereignty to the US.

Whosoever controls the money supply controls the nation.

Someone claimed that Finland is a sovereign country just like us. I don't know how sovereign they are, but they are certainly not like us, however, I grant that they are better than Poland and Baltika - those countries have no sovereignty whatsoever.

Every sovereign country has the right to decide its own future, and that is what differentiates Russia from much of Eastern Europe. Needlessly bringing in living standards only serves as a filler. One look at the national and government debts of these so called "high living standard" countries will reveal the truth.

The US Dollar is on its way out of being the world reserve currency. The decline started with Nixon. Russia knows that. So does PRC. The US is making last ditch attempts to stir up trouble in different parts of the world, so that it can play the saviour or GloboCop. Russia only needs to avoid being provoked for another 10 years, and we shall see water finding its own level.

Last edited:

no smoking

Country flag
Is there any relationship between Finland's possible NATO membership and living standards?

If there is any link, it is remote. NATO membership has enabled Germany and France to focus on building up their economies without having to invest in defence. Their defence needs came at the cost of US loaned money, but it came with another cost of their own - European countries had to tag along the US and go around the world invading countries, thus, submitting their sovereignty to the US.
A small bug: France quit NATO in last 60s: de Gaulle never trusted American nuclear umbrella.

jouni

Whosoever controls the money supply controls the nation.

Someone claimed that Finland is a sovereign country just like us. I don't know how sovereign they are, but they are certainly not like us, however, I grant that they are better than Poland and Baltika - those countries have no sovereignty whatsoever.

Every sovereign country has the right to decide its own future, and that is what differentiates Russia from much of Eastern Europe. Needlessly bringing in living standards only serves as a filler. One look at the national and government debts of these so called "high living standard" countries will reveal the truth.

The US Dollar is on its way out of being the world reserve currency. The decline started with Nixon. Russia knows that. So does PRC. The US is making last ditch attempts to stir up trouble in different parts of the world, so that it can play the saviour or GloboCop. Russia only needs to avoid being provoked for another 10 years, and we shall see water finding its own level.
It must be really risky for you to be living in US, considering that the system there is on the verge of collapse. Thank you for warning us about that. Also people of Finland has been kept in the dark about the greatness of India and how it´s sovereignty has safeguard it´s success. Media here focuses too much about Indian huge amount of poor, it´s environmental problems and corruption... Also personally, if it wasn´t you and your likeminded friends, I would have never really understood the greatness of India and Russia. I understand the greatness of people and culture, but not the greatness of underdevelopment, corruption and in some cases kleptocracy.

ps. I am glad you changed your flag, not giving any misunderstandings...

Last edited:

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Have you watched the recent movie 'Big Game' directed and produced by Finnish people?

The sub-par quality of the movie and tortuous 1.5 hours aside, if you see how the US war-machines works in a crisis within Finland or Norwegian borders for rescuing US president where there is no involvement by Finnish or Norwegian army or law enforcement, only US Spec. ops teams or Navy Seal teams working. Now, which sovereign nation allows another nation to send in armed forces inside their territory to operate freely without at least a supervision? Now, the story was written, directed and produced by a group of Finnish people. It shows what is their idea about sovereignty is. They couldn't even think that if such a situation arises a quickly built joint team would do the ops!!!

Servile mentality, or what?

jouni

Have you watched the recent movie 'Big Game' directed and produced by Finnish people?

The sub-par quality of the movie and tortuous 1.5 hours aside, if you see how the US war-machines works in a crisis within Finland or Norwegian borders for rescuing US president where there is no involvement by Finnish or Norwegian army or law enforcement, only US Spec. ops teams or Navy Seal teams working. Now, which sovereign nation allows another nation to send in armed forces inside their territory to operate freely without at least a supervision? Now, the story was written, directed and produced by a group of Finnish people. It shows what is their idea about sovereignty is. They couldn't even think that if such a situation arises a quickly built joint team would do the ops!!!

Servile mentality, or what?
I am glad to say, that because of the things you mentioned, our new government agreed to increase budget for military.( http://www.defensenews.com/story/de...overnment-expected-to-hike-spending/26248065/). Especially the budgets of military intelligence, special operations forces, land forces and police forces will get more budget.

Also work will begin immediately to find replacement for our ageing Hornet fleet. New defense minister is hard liner Jussi Niinistö (http://truefinns.blogspot.fi/2011/04/lets-take-look-at-future-defense.html), so we will sure try to fix problems revealed in "Big Game" -movie.

It was especially humiliating that the movie revealed to the world, that the work done by special forces with latest weaponry, satellity surveillance and helicopters in other countries, is done in Finland by a 13 year old boy armed only with bow and arrow.

Last edited:

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
I am glad to say, that because of the things you mentioned, our new government agreed to increase budget for military. Especially the budgets of military intelligence, special operations forces, land forces and police forces will get more budget.
Now don't say that your country don't even have helicopters or foot-soldiers, if not spec. ops guys, in your military. If the incident like this ever happened in any other nation, at least a thousand soldiers would be combing within an hour. At least India would.

Also work will begin immediately to find replacement for our ageing Hornet fleet. New defense minister is hard liner Jussi Niinistö (http://truefinns.blogspot.fi/2011/04/lets-take-look-at-future-defense.html), so we will sure try to fix problems revealed in "Big Game" -movie.
Don't fet on account of the movie about your hornet fleet. No fighter plane, let alone a group fighter planes on high alert as the scenario depicted in the movie, could be taken out by some SAMs, and that too chinese SAM available in black market. Reality was not a very strong suit of the writer or the director of the movie. He perhaps have the idea of the toy-drones that are flown as fighter planes. Hitting four fighters by four SAM - heck, chinese should take this movie as their marketing gimmick!

It was especially humiliating that the movie revealed to the world, that the work done by special forces in other coutntries is done in Finland by a 13 year old boy armed only with bow and arrow.

Is that so? How realistic do you think the movie was? How do you think a pod which was ejected at least 5 minutes ago from an aircraft does land on the same place where the aircraft crash? How do you think the locator device of the pod fell in Norway, which I presume is at least 50 miles off when the pod lands in Finland at the crash site? How could the aircraft crash in intact condition?

If I wanted to write and direct a movie and had a financial backer, I could portray 6 year-olds as spec. op guys. Heck, in some old Karate movies, it was so! So, don't gloat over something that was shown in a movie, of all things. It only raises doubt about you mental state. Although, I personally don't need any more conviction.

Actually, the movie is very poorly written and directed, completely overlooking so many obviously things. I for one expect more realistic scenarios including the science of the things at least, from the movie-makers, was hugely disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles