Is Eurofighter Typhoon also out of the MMRCA-2 game?

Ankit Kumar

Boeing Australia is not manufacturing anymore F/A-18s in Australia, as simple as that.
And in past also Australia only assembled those aircrafts in govt aircraft factory.

Sir, I agree.
And they tried , but didn't get 100% successful results, if I am not wrong.
Again, I said, if I am not wrong.
May be that is why they end up getting those few equipments from US itself.

Who knows....!

No need for it, as this one is enough for now.

And keep in mind, you posted this web here on DFI as a link in one of your own posts.
I just dig further in it and I posted it here again for you.

See ya.
Have fun.
1. Exactly , if they are no longer assembling / building the hornet series, what purpose does a TOT serve ?
2. If they are not using the TOT in any development or upgrade , then what's the use of buying it ?

3. The link I provided was about Australia buying 12 new airframes and the language is very well understood by me but you are taking it in another way.

Jangaruda

I forgot to answer this part.

Just for fact , of all the accidents of Rafale , only " ONE " was of airforce one.
Rest were during carrier operations.

Compared to " Six" accidents of Eurofighters .

Carrier operations are totally a different ball game.
Rafales were needed by the IAF as jst a stop gap measure against the retirement of other aircrafts.... Spending billions on an intermediate fighter is pointless..Instead we must up the production of tejas mk1 nd fast track mk1A to replace the MIG-21s nd MIG-27s nd as far as the mmrca is concerned F-18 is a safe bet nd the engine is the same as future tejasMk2 version thereby cutting costs.. We must also fast track pak fa fighter development with the russians as the chinese are getting two 5th gen fighters ready...

Zebra

Country flag
1. Exactly , if they are no longer assembling / building the hornet series, what purpose does a TOT serve ?
2. If they are not using the TOT in any development or upgrade , then what's the use of buying it ?
:facepalm:
Sir, that ToT was for Growler, not for entire Super Hornet aircraft.
And I said that they tried.
Did I.....!...?

3. The link I provided was about Australia buying 12 new airframes and the language is very well understood by me but you are taking it in another way.

Yes, but your link didn't work.

So I used the same website (read it your link).
And I got another page, which I posted for you to have a look.
Which clearly says about "technology".

Happy now......!

Immanuel

Country flag
MMRCA-2 is still in RFI stage, we don't know who will respond and comply just yet, one can expect EF to take part and make a strong case, they were afterall perhaps the correct L-1 based on MMRCA-1 we know for a fact that Rafale being L-1 previously was akin to dog shit being served on a cone and being called Icecream.

Jameson Emoni

Although, we don't have capacity to build competitive military air-crafts at the moment, we do have capacity to build mean rockets. We should build large number of them (both nuclear and conventional). This is what China has done to fill the gaps in its military capabilities.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
https://exoatmospheric.wordpress.co...defeat-russias-su-35-in-a-simulated-war-game/

Interesting.

We don't know what kind of Gripen it is. C? E? (if it is C, E is at least on par I think)
If it was rumored that IST of Gripen was one of the best, it's surprising about STR, because it has less T/W ratio than EF or Rafale or F22, and a delta config use a lot of energy in turn.

But if true, it another proof that rafale is slightly better than EF, SU, legacy US fighter... in WVR.

Immanuel

Country flag
https://exoatmospheric.wordpress.co...defeat-russias-su-35-in-a-simulated-war-game/

Interesting.

We don't know what kind of Gripen it is. C? E? (if it is C, E is at least on par I think)
If it was rumored that IST of Gripen was one of the best, it's surprising about STR, because it has less T/W ratio than EF or Rafale or F22, and a delta config use a lot of energy in turn.

But if true, it another proof that rafale is slightly better than EF, SU, legacy US fighter... in WVR.
So a hogwash computer simulation shows that the Gripen E beats Su-35 in WVR. These simulations are completely useless. The F-35 has real simulated kills in exercises that far out class any other 4th gen fighter and it's closest to the F-22 in such exercises.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
So a hogwash computer simulation shows that the Gripen E beats Su-35 in WVR. These simulations are completely useless. The F-35 has real simulated kills in exercises that far out class any other 4th gen fighter and it's closest to the F-22 in such exercises.
closest?
one is mach 1.6 without afterburner, the other can't reach mach 1.6 .... closest....

smestarz

Country flag
To replace one Rafale need all that? LOL
Su-35 is an MRCA and it can take down Rafale based on its performance, YES it would be limited in avionics but thats where Israel will come in.
Su-34, It can carry more fuel + War load than Rafale, so just to explain..If needed Su-34 can be flown to say Yemen and bomb and back with its internal fuel, Rafale on other hand will need both external fuel tanks (so less warload) and also shall need refueling..
Grower is way more better than Rafale, Everything about Rafale is just super hyped, its an average performer at best very much like everything french.

To replace the capability of 1 Rafale you need 1 Su35, 1 Su34 and 1 Growler. Add all of them and then talk.

Further for high price , just know this that the cheapest candidate of MMRCA , SAAB Gripen ...
It was 2012 and the offer was for 105 million USD for fly away cost of 1 Gripen C/D without spares, weapons, infrastructure , training, local manufacture or TOT.

Further have a look at Australian F18SH deal price, you will forget " Over priced " and Rafales.

smestarz

Country flag
In the era of 5th gen the only attribute you looked at was speed? LOL
F-35 has more advanced Avionics than Rafale..
You are right, F-35 is not close, its just that Rafale is far behind.

closest?
one is mach 1.6 without afterburner, the other can't reach mach 1.6 .... closest....

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
In the era of 5th gen the only attribute you looked at was speed? LOL
F-35 has more advanced Avionics than Rafale..
You are right, F-35 is not close, its just that Rafale is far behind.
When you want to fly straight away, F35 is one nice option. But for the rest.... You speak of a plane without FOC my dear. only a very political IOC....

Shekhar Singh

Country flag
MMRCA 2 tender is only allowing usa to pressure us to select an useless junk F21. We should scrap this tender immediately and place follow on orders for Rafael F4. So that no time is wasted. We already have paid for indian specific improvements ,and infra ,so price will be less.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
MMRCA 2 tender is only allowing usa to pressure us to select an useless junk F21. We should scrap this tender immediately and place follow on orders for Rafael F4. So that no time is wasted. We already have paid for indian specific improvements ,and infra ,so price will be less.
Why do you think it is specially under US pressure? USA want all, as usual. And India is not an aligned country, and your leader, Modi, don't like to be under any kind of external pressure.
MMRCA2 is tailored for Rafale.
India already purchased a lot of US products (P8I, Apache, UAV to come...).
The US products are not adapted : F21 is a old horse, SH18 is vanishing. F35 is not FOC, are far from being so.

Shekhar Singh

Country flag
Why do you think it is specially under US pressure? USA want all, as usual. And India is not an aligned country, and your leader, Modi, don't like to be under any kind of external pressure.
MMRCA2 is tailored for Rafale.
India already purchased a lot of US products (P8I, Apache, UAV to come...).
The US products are not adapted : F21 is a old horse, SH18 is vanishing. F35 is not FOC, are far from being so.
We are not under pressure but US is trying so.

Absolut_Vodka

Quarantined Abdul
Banned
Country flag
Although it's a pretty stupid question but is there any scope of European countries retiring Typhoons and Gripens in favor of F35s? We may be able to get these jets second hand and they are formidable in our geography.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Although it's a pretty stupid question but is there any scope of European countries retiring Typhoons and Gripens in favor of F35s? We may be able to get these jets second hand and they are formidable in our geography.
There is some 1st gen EF on the second market (offered to Romania if I remember well).
No Gripen are to be replaced by F35 so far.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles